Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:37 pm

MW wrote:
Dutchy wrote:We have to learn to live with it

In reality we are. The amount of people that would have it going undiagnosed would be alarming to a lot of people. The evidence in the waste water shows you that.

That's the thing I don't understand. If its so contagious & there's a lot of undiagnosed people with it, surely after 14 months of it being in Australia then we should have all had it already
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:38 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Surely the world cant go in and out of lockdowns, travel bubbles etc for the next 20 years. Yes we can continue to trace into venues, continue to have social distancing rules and capacity rules but unless we can find a way to completely eradicate the virus or to 'enforce' mandatory vaccinations then we are going to have to get to a point where people just have to live with the risk like we do many other risks we live with every day.

Don't you think this will just end up becoming like the common flu? Vaccination shot each year, live life knowing that xx amount of people will contract and die.

Will never be able to eradicate it completely.

The largest concern early days was that no vaccine was available, thus no way to control or prepare for it. This time next year, surely it'll be life as normal?

Yeah I think that's exactly what will happen.

I think we might see places such as aged care able to enforce no vaccine no visit but could you imagine the uproar if the AFL enforced no vaccines no ticket....

My personal guess is that yep we will get to a point where coronavirus is considered on the same level as flu, albeit people understand how quickly it can spread so more people probably will get the vaccine than the flu one.
You will absolutely require a vaccination to travel on any aircraft domestically IMO and that will be a lead in to other things

Wasn't it the case up until the 70's you couldn't travel via air unless you had a vaccination passport
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 460 times
Been liked: 566 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Pseudo » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:39 pm

Booked in for the Pfizer jab last night. Earliest vacancy was a month away! Oh well, at least I can take my time shopping for a new 5G headset....
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1557 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:31 pm

cracka wrote:Wasn't it the case up until the 70's you couldn't travel via air unless you had a vaccination passport

Yes but still doing it in the 80's. I've still got mine
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:40 am

Pseudo wrote:Booked in for the Pfizer jab last night. Earliest vacancy was a month away! Oh well, at least I can take my time shopping for a new 5G headset....
Also time for a new laptop as well as you also get a free upgrade to the latest windows 10 firmware.

All hail Windows 10.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:28 pm

daysofourlives wrote:Thought for the day
A woman flouts the Melbourne lockdown, gets out of the state, drives through NSW and into Queensland, does all this, doesn't get caught, arrives in Queensland and says to herself, "shit, I better get a PCR test".
C'mon, its the last thing this type of person would do.
Making up cases again ahead of SoE extensions.
Again I'll ask you, what is the end game of the higher ups?

What is it that they are trying to achieve?

I have asked and asked. Let it out what it is that you keep saying "wake up" or whatever you end your posts with.
stan
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jun 16, 2021 3:37 pm

Just got a text message from my local gym in Melbourne. They are re-opening as of midnight Thursday night. Given there are still cases in the community, this is quite a shift from the way this was handled last time around. I'd like to think we can as a community, get to a point where we don't lock down when there is an outbreak (because its going to happen again) rather we lockdown those most at risk (rather than everyone) and that individuals take responsibility for their own health. In other words, if you think 'rona, posses a threat to you, then isolate.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1278 times
Been liked: 3481 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby stan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:50 pm

Corona Man wrote:Just got a text message from my local gym in Melbourne. They are re-opening as of midnight Thursday night. Given there are still cases in the community, this is quite a shift from the way this was handled last time around. I'd like to think we can as a community, get to a point where we don't lock down when there is an outbreak (because its going to happen again) rather we lockdown those most at risk (rather than everyone) and that individuals take responsibility for their own health. In other words, if you think 'rona, posses a threat to you, then isolate.
I have a mate at work that just sent me an email having a vent, he's not having a good day I would say.

So he has a 2 year old that has what he thinks a chest infection and about like Croup with the cough. So he needs to get the 2 year old to a dr. well that's not that easy, he went and got her a Covid swab, came back negative of course, he reckons they turned it around in 12 hrs. Not sure where he got it done. But even with the Negative Covid swab he can't take her into the GP office due to the symptoms.

They offered him a phone consult and he asked how good is your phone, you need to listen to her chest lol

Not sure what he plans on doing, he said he might have to go to he WCH if they let him in with her.

Just putting out there that the situation is bit silly isn't it? Surely we would rather people go to there GP with things like chest infection and croup? Surely right? Even with the negative swab.

Whilst it's always good to touch base with people, Maybe I should have been more careful when asking how he's going lol just kidding, feel for the dude.

So to answer your question, here in SA we are pretty much dumb as shit and cant manage ourselves.
Last edited by stan on Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stan
Coach

Postby MW » Wed Jun 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Croup they just perscribe a steroid anyway...my daughter gets it that often the dr just sends the script to the chemist and we go pick it up without a consult.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2598 times
Been liked: 1844 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:21 pm

My Mrs has a mild chest infection. Took today off work. Rang drs to get a check and get something in to her before it gets too bad. They told her she needs a covid test first and they don't do it. Closest one to us that does is clare which is about 40 minutes away.
**** doing that.
So now she will probably take a couple of extra days off work because she will take longer to recover without some form of treatment.
Hate to think how many people think the same thing when its something more serious and end up in hospital when it could be avoided.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby reppoh_eht » Wed Jun 16, 2021 5:44 pm

Mythical Creature wrote:My Mrs has a mild chest infection. Took today off work. Rang drs to get a check and get something in to her before it gets too bad. They told her she needs a covid test first and they don't do it. Closest one to us that does is clare which is about 40 minutes away.
**** doing that.
So now she will probably take a couple of extra days off work because she will take longer to recover without some form of treatment.
Hate to think how many people think the same thing when its something more serious and end up in hospital when it could be avoided.

So you'll risk her health for the sake of a 40 minute drive? :shock:

Think you should have written: So now she will probably take a couple of extra days off work because she is lazy...
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby Mythical Creature » Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:32 pm

I'm not risking anything. She is. But instead of her getting better in 1 or 2 days it might take 2 or 3.
Yes she is lazy, she is feeling crook and entitled to feel lazy.
Option 1, book appt with local doc, go to chemist then back to bed. Total of half hour out the house.
Option 2, get covid test, drive for 150km round trip, be out of house for minimum 2 hours, wait 24 hours for result then do option 1.
Either way she will be better by then so waste of time.
Like I said lucky its not anything serious that I'm sure plenty of people have been putting off going to dr.
If you don't like it, change it. If you don't want to change it, it can't be that bad!
Mythical Creature
Veteran

Has liked: 189 times
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: United

Postby Kahuna » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:16 pm

Regarding the phone consults, my Mrs tells me at her surgery the protocol is Dr assesses patient over the phone and if he thinks a visit is necessary, he will book an appointment and use appropriate ppe and see the patient outside of the surgery. At her work they have built an area undercover in the car park for this purpose.
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby daysofourlives » Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:46 pm

Corona Man wrote:Just got a text message from my local gym in Melbourne. They are re-opening as of midnight Thursday night. Given there are still cases in the community, this is quite a shift from the way this was handled last time around. I'd like to think we can as a community, get to a point where we don't lock down when there is an outbreak (because its going to happen again) rather we lockdown those most at risk (rather than everyone) and that individuals take responsibility for their own health. In other words, if you think 'rona, posses a threat to you, then isolate.

Oh we got there in the end, its only taken 12 months, this is what i said from the start.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:34 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Oh we got there in the end, its only taken 12 months, this is what i said from the start.
Forgot about him and tour other 3 usernames, answer my question, I actually want to hear your answer and your thoughts on this.
stan
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:57 am

stan wrote:
I have a mate at work that just sent me an email having a vent, he's not having a good day I would say.

So he has a 2 year old that has what he thinks a chest infection and about like Croup with the cough. So he needs to get the 2 year old to a dr. well that's not that easy, he went and got her a Covid swab, came back negative of course, he reckons they turned it around in 12 hrs. Not sure where he got it done. But even with the Negative Covid swab he can't take her into the GP office due to the symptoms.

They offered him a phone consult and he asked how good is your phone, you need to listen to her chest lol

Not sure what he plans on doing, he said he might have to go to he WCH if they let him in with her.

Just putting out there that the situation is bit silly isn't it? Surely we would rather people go to there GP with things like chest infection and croup? Surely right? Even with the negative swab.

Whilst it's always good to touch base with people, Maybe I should have been more careful when asking how he's going lol just kidding, feel for the dude.

So to answer your question, here in SA we are pretty much dumb as shit and cant manage ourselves.

Phone consults are the way of the future.

Obviously if someone has a common cold or illness that is contagious its in everyone best interests that they stay at home and not infect everyone, essentially limit their movements. A script can be sent via email and then the person only has to attend one place a chemist rather than doing doctors, chemists etc.

Doctors surgeries also realised during the covid period how much money can be made doing phone consults...…

Obviously there will be cases/illness where a doctor must be seen but im sure in 5 years time phone appointments are going to be the norm for many cases.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:00 pm

whufc wrote:
stan wrote:

Phone consults are the way of the future.

Obviously if someone has a common cold or illness that is contagious its in everyone best interests that they stay at home and not infect everyone, essentially limit their movements. A script can be sent via email and then the person only has to attend one place a chemist rather than doing doctors, chemists etc.

Doctors surgeries also realised during the covid period how much money can be made doing phone consults...…

Obviously there will be cases/illness where a doctor must be seen but im sure in 5 years time phone appointments are going to be the norm for many cases.

Remote medical consultation has been around for quite a while.

https://www.doctorsondemand.com.au/patients/online-doctors
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Mr Beefy » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:14 pm

AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine expected to be limited to Australians over 60
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/coronavirus/astrazeneca-covid19-vaccine-expected-to-be-limited-to-australians-over-60/news-story/8dae14d33985cc830e6e7b6248caa935

Australian health officials are expected to lift the recommended age for AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine recipients to 60.

It is understood the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) will on Thursday advise the federal government the AstraZeneca vaccine now be administered to people aged 60 and above out of an abundance of caution due to an extremely rare blood clot side effect.

The government has not yet received specific information or advice, and is expected to provide a full update later in the day.
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 406 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby Jim05 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:20 pm

Sounding increasingly like we may be shutting out NSW soon
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3552 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:24 pm

Bit of a worry that they are now saying the vaccine is safe for minors and pregnant women when they have done no clinical trials in those areas.
They say they are basing it on "experience to date" :shock: What? All 7 months of it???
Jimmy_041
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion