Great Southern Football League

Talk on any country footy league or club from the SA Country area

Re: Great Southern Football League

Postby mutton cove » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:37 pm

Spare a thought for the A grade player's that are overlooked for minus pointers. In most cases these minus pointers get very little game time and risk serious injury. It has become another rule that is being abused, time to get rid of the minus pointer. If a under age player is good enough and though to be up to senior football he will be picked anyway.
mutton cove
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: McLaren

Postby Snap Kick Ninja » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:04 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:I hate to say it, but it appears on the surface Luv a kick is correct about Ryan Kelly:

Southern Football League (SA) Port Noarlunga (3 point league)

Previous Seasons
COMPETITION SEASON M LAST G MG MGV TIB
A GRADE 2019 2019 17 2019-09-08 12 2 Noarlunga 11
Port Noarlunga 2019 17 2019-09-08 12 2 Noarlunga 11
A GRADE 2018 2018 18 2018-09-09 18 4 Morphett Vale 11
Port Noarlunga 2018 18 2018-09-09 18 4 Morphett Vale 11

It appears L.U.K. might have stumbled on to yet another miscarriage of the COVID rules here, as having player a 35 league games in 18 and 19, there is NO WAY he is only worth 1 point. The GSFL has done it again??? :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll:

I cant understand why this league executive team believe they can reduce individual player points, and appear to have done so on multiple occasions?
The one point off any player for all clubs is an absolute joke too.

You’re going to complain about a team that hasn’t made finals since 2007, and I don’t know the full details on why he went down points but he’s had his first game back from a knee reconstruction on Saturday, getting a few points off him? All of this was sorted and fully known by all the clubs early in the year, it’s not in the same conversation as the Mt compass debacle. It’s a fair leg up for a team that’s been shit for a long time.

Maybe wait and see what comes out of McLaren over the next few days, changing their team sheet at qtr time?
Snap Kick Ninja
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Cheap Seats » Sun Jun 20, 2021 9:49 pm

Snap Kick Ninja wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:I hate to say it, but it appears on the surface Luv a kick is correct about Ryan Kelly:

Southern Football League (SA) Port Noarlunga (3 point league)

Previous Seasons
COMPETITION SEASON M LAST G MG MGV TIB
A GRADE 2019 2019 17 2019-09-08 12 2 Noarlunga 11
Port Noarlunga 2019 17 2019-09-08 12 2 Noarlunga 11
A GRADE 2018 2018 18 2018-09-09 18 4 Morphett Vale 11
Port Noarlunga 2018 18 2018-09-09 18 4 Morphett Vale 11

It appears L.U.K. might have stumbled on to yet another miscarriage of the COVID rules here, as having player a 35 league games in 18 and 19, there is NO WAY he is only worth 1 point. The GSFL has done it again??? :oops: :oops: :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll:

I cant understand why this league executive team believe they can reduce individual player points, and appear to have done so on multiple occasions?
The one point off any player for all clubs is an absolute joke too.

You’re going to complain about a team that hasn’t made finals since 2007, and I don’t know the full details on why he went down points but he’s had his first game back from a knee reconstruction on Saturday, getting a few points off him? All of this was sorted and fully known by all the clubs early in the year, it’s not in the same conversation as the Mt compass debacle. It’s a fair leg up for a team that’s been shit for a long time.

Maybe wait and see what comes out of McLaren over the next few days, changing their team sheet at qtr time?

I certainly understand your point, and would like to see Myponga be more competitive, but it really doesn't/shouldn't matter if you're top or bottom. The points system is there to be a completely transparent process, by which the rules are Black and White, and cannot (should not in the GSFL case) be altered for any player or club with a reduction in an individual players points. They have received 17 points this year anyway, so that's approximately 6 players on top of their local 0 point talent pool, and 2 points more than the normal maximum. I'd say they have had a decent leg up given the facts as I know them, and if the GSFL stopped giving hand outs to the stronger clubs of the past 5-6 years, maybe they wouldn't have to try to get these extra points to struggling clubs in an underhanded way.

18 games in 2018, 17 in 2019 and 2 at Myponga in 2020, means a 2 pointer in anyone's language. No 25 game rule applicable and no 24 month rule applicable. MUST BE corrected.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times

Postby luv a kick » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:04 pm

mutton cove wrote:Spare a thought for the A grade player's that are overlooked for minus pointers. In most cases these minus pointers get very little game time and risk serious injury. It has become another rule that is being abused, time to get rid of the minus pointer. If a under age player is good enough and though to be up to senior football he will be picked anyway.

Are you talking about Matthew Merritt from the crows taking a spot of one of McLaren's players ?
luv a kick
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby luv a kick » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:15 pm

Snap Kick Ninja wrote:
field of dreams wrote:
luv a kick wrote:R .Kelly Myponga 1 point ???
D.Travena Myponga 1 point ???.... minus 1 on both players
17 allocated points, when it should be 15 ????
Any of you brain surgeons like to explain this one or are we just going to have different rules for different clubs

Kelly/Trevena.... Maybe they live in the Myponga/Sellicks district?

As you say, there shouldn’t be different rules for different clubs. Compass opened that hornets nest!

By my calculations, Yank have 18 points but should have 15, Myponga have 17 but should have 15, McLaren have 11 but should have 9.
That’s excluding the EB/MC draw last year, which if included means both of them would have 2 less points also.
Pongy also had an extra 2 last year.
Only guessing, but Yank, Pongy and Mclaren probably requested and were granted more points BEFORE the season started. How McLaren were granted extra is beyond me given their last 3 years.

Now instead of deflecting how about you do some explaining and answer Damian’s question....?

damian wrote:Luv a Kick, are you able to explain why Tom Dix has been approved as a zero point player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R Kelly is 1 point, got reduced at the start of the year before all the mount compass fiasco
D Trevena had to -1 allocated to each club by the league after the mt compass fiasco

Myponga Sellicks have 17 points to use. Case closed.

So they should have 15 FACT

Were given 2 points not sure there is a mercy rule... did all the clubs vote on that NO FACT... now 17

Minus 1 off a player except.... Myponga, Yankalilla and Mt Compass FACT they take 1 off TRAVENA FACT... now 18

Ryan Kelly minus 1 WTF..... now 19 FACT

This is on top of the 3 other players that were 0 when they should have been 1, Myponga showed their hand as they were given this by the league FACT

No deflection here just more FACTS... does anyone on this chat room know the meaning of Discrimination ????

Asking for a friend
luv a kick
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 0 time

Postby field of dreams » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:24 pm

Anyone want to have a go at interpreting that? [emoji2369]

Is there an answer to the question in there somewhere too?

field of dreams
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 78 times

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:51 am

field of dreams wrote:Anyone want to have a go at interpreting that? [emoji2369]

:lol: :lol: :shock: I was thinking the same thing.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby mots02 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:53 am

Cheap Seats wrote:
field of dreams wrote:Anyone want to have a go at interpreting that? [emoji2369]

:lol: :lol: :shock: I was thinking the same thing.

FACT
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 138 times
Been liked: 881 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby mutton cove » Mon Jun 21, 2021 12:39 pm

Anyone see the movie, One Flew Over The Cookoo Nest.
mutton cove
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:15 pm

Let's not allow Luv a kick to get us off track though, Kelly MUST BE a 2 pointer for Myponga.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby damian » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:54 pm

McKenzie Schinkel from Victor could be another. Playing as a 0pt player despite playing nine games in 2019 for Browns Well in the Riverland Independent League. Should he be zero?

Can anyone shed some more light in the McLaren team sheet from Saturday? Apparently it was changed mid game, a player was swapped during the first quarter.

Or maybe an explanation as to why James Boyd was named as Coach but not even at the ground Saturday? Was that so he could be paid?
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Goolwa-Port Elliott

Postby Cheap Seats » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:48 am

damian wrote:McKenzie Schinkel from Victor could be another. Playing as a 0pt player despite playing nine games in 2019 for Browns Well in the Riverland Independent League. Should he be zero?

Can anyone shed some more light in the McLaren team sheet from Saturday? Apparently it was changed mid game, a player was swapped during the first quarter.

Or maybe an explanation as to why James Boyd was named as Coach but not even at the ground Saturday? Was that so he could be paid?

From what I've been told, the McLaren Team sheet was an oversight or a mistake with no real issue and no altering of point allocations, other then an incorrect name? Unable to confirm this so sorry for not being FACTUAL, but its what's going around.
I cant imagine that Boyd would get paid for games he's not present. So (again this is a judgement) I would imagine this is an oversight on the Team sheet, and has no bearing on any points implications.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:51 am

Has a Zone squad been announced yet? Will be interesting to see if any of the guy's who refused the offer to play association footy are going to make their way into the squad, given it's going to be played locally?
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby Luke15 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:58 am

Cheap Seats wrote:Has a Zone squad been announced yet? Will be interesting to see if any of the guy's who refused the offer to play association footy are going to make their way into the squad, given it's going to be played locally?

Can confirm that lots of players who did not play Association have been invited to Zone
Luke15
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 18 times

Postby LuvsFooty » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:55 am

Cheap Seats wrote:
damian wrote:McKenzie Schinkel from Victor could be another. Playing as a 0pt player despite playing nine games in 2019 for Browns Well in the Riverland Independent League. Should he be zero?

From what I've been told, the McLaren Team sheet was an oversight or a mistake with no real issue and no altering of point allocations, other then an incorrect name? Unable to confirm this so sorry for not being FACTUAL, but its what's going around.
I cant imagine that Boyd would get paid for games he's not present. So (again this is a judgement) I would imagine this is an oversight on the Team sheet, and has no bearing on any points implications.

If any of the above has happened, it will be a $200 fine and immediate loss of points with no right to appeal. Happened to our women's side for a clerical a few weeks back.
You can love football, but it wont always love you back!
LuvsFooty
League - Best 21

Been liked: 17 times

Postby damian » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:00 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:

Mistakes are all it takes to be breaching rules & losing points.

I was told that McLaren tried to put James Mathews on the team sheet. They couldn’t put him on using SportingPulse as he is still registered with the Crows Reserves team.

They tried to get the clearance rushed through or see if they can get it done later. At this stage they’re unsure on that so they hand write his name on team sheet and exchange with Pongy.

Mathews sits on the bench for most of the first quarter then I guess theyre told they can't play him so they grab Mutton from the crowd, warm him up and submit a new team sheet.

I’m not saying this is 100% factual, this is just what I’ve been told at this stage.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby mutton cove » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:59 pm

So Port Pizza plays about 12 league games for West Adelaide in 2018 i would have thought he would be a 2 pointer for Compa$$.
mutton cove
Rookie

Postby Cheap Seats » Tue Jun 22, 2021 3:39 pm

"I was told that McLaren tried to put James Mathews on the team sheet. They couldn’t put him on using SportingPulse as he is still registered with the Crows Reserves team.

They tried to get the clearance rushed through or see if they can get it done later. At this stage they’re unsure on that so they hand write his name on team sheet and exchange with Pongy.

Mathews sits on the bench for most of the first quarter then I guess theyre told they can't play him so they grab Mutton from the crowd, warm him up and submit a new team sheet.

I’m not saying this is 100% factual, this is just what I’ve been told at this stage."

This seems really odd, and not at all what I was told.
If you are correct, this is a clear attempt to have a 22nd player represent. Why would anyone think this is allowed under any ruling? Almost too crazy, and I wonder how accurate? That would be as obvious loss of points as you could get.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

Postby damian » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:27 pm

Cheap Seats wrote:"I was told that McLaren tried to put James Mathews on the team sheet. They couldn’t put him on using SportingPulse as he is still registered with the Crows Reserves team.

I’m not saying this is 100% factual, this is just what I’ve been told at this stage."

If you are correct, this is a clear attempt to have a 22nd player represent. Why would anyone think this is allowed under any ruling? Almost too crazy, and I wonder how accurate? That would be as obvious loss of points as you could get.

Not an attempt to play with 22 players, an attempt to play an unregistered player and have his clearance completed post match.

James Mathews is clearly a McLaren player, I don’t understand why a player in his position (on an sanfl list) can’t be registered at both Clubs and not require a clearance every time he is omitted or called up by the Crows reserves.

That’s an argument for another day, but all should know you can’t swap players after the game has begun, change team sheets or play an unregistered player.
damian
League Bench Warmer

Postby Cheap Seats » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:39 pm

damian wrote:
Cheap Seats wrote:"I was told that McLaren tried to put James Mathews on the team sheet. They couldn’t put him on using SportingPulse as he is still registered with the Crows Reserves team.

Not an attempt to play with 22 players, an attempt to play an unregistered player and have his clearance completed post match.

James Mathews is clearly a McLaren player, I don’t understand why a player in his position (on an sanfl list) can’t be registered at both Clubs and not require a clearance every time he is omitted or called up by the Crows reserves.

That’s an argument for another day, but all should know you can’t swap players after the game has begun, change team sheets or play an unregistered player.

What I meant by 22nd player, is more accurately described by "swapping a player out once a game has begun." I agree with your comments about the Players being able to freely go between their "Junior/Local" club and the SANFL also, especially those on top up lists such as the Crows and Port.
I think the SANFL changed that rule to reduce the expected exodus from their reserves System when COVID hit, the payment cap being reduced by half and to make it harder for players to leave SANFL on their own terms.
Cheap Seats
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Country Footy