AFL media

Talk on the national game

Re: AFL media

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:56 pm

Booney wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Enough that Brisbane get plenty of memberships from Victoria and good crowds often. I still love seeing the guernsey being rolled out too

When Brisbane play nobody thinks of Fitzroy.

Nobody.
Brisbane still pay some respect to Fitzroy with guernseys, name etc. Their B&F is the Merrett-Murray and it seems they acknowledge the Lions history
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RB » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:09 pm

Brodlach wrote:
RB wrote:I'm struggling to work out how Gold Coast spent $27m in one year on employees.

Nearly half of that would be player payments
Yep. And the other half?
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:55 pm

RB wrote:
Brodlach wrote:
RB wrote:I'm struggling to work out how Gold Coast spent $27m in one year on employees.

Yep. And the other half?

Coaches, admin, physio, dietitian, doctors, marketing, curators, CEO, Finance etc
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:
RB wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Yep. And the other half?

Coaches, admin, physio, dietitian, doctors, marketing, curators, CEO, Finance etc

Would they be making profit from 12k at the ground??
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Brodlach wrote:
RB wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Yep. And the other half?

Dew’s dietician would be earning his money that’s for sure!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:36 pm

They have a dietician, a nutritionist and a chef, FMD. Can guarantee Stewie would not know who 2 of them are.

You will also find after HEAVY criticism of their spend they have now removed all details of club staff from their website.

That is one big gravy train.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:46 pm

DOC wrote:They have a dietician, a nutritionist and a chef, FMD. Can guarantee Stewie would not know who 2 of them are.

You will also find after HEAVY criticism of their spend they have now removed all details of club staff from their website.

He’s best mates with the chef though.

Dews a great bloke from all reports but his laid back nature and his appearance surely isn’t a great look for a struggling club.

The AFL have a massive issue with Gold Coast.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mots02 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:08 pm

DOC wrote:They have a dietician, a nutritionist and a chef, FMD. Can guarantee Stewie would not know who 2 of them are.

Stewy needs to back off a bit on the gravy.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby am Bays » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:11 pm

The AFL is one big gravy train.

EFA
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:25 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Dews a great bloke from all reports but his laid back nature and his appearance surely isn’t a great look for a struggling club.

Stewie is an absolute legend and I hate judging people based on body image but you have to think as you suggested it cant be the best image to portray to your own playing group.

I guess ultimately if he wins games of football (which isn't happening at the moment) no one would care if he weighs 200kg.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby JK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:52 am

whufc wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Stewie is an absolute legend and I hate judging people based on body image but you have to think as you suggested it cant be the best image to portray to your own playing group.

I guess ultimately if he wins games of football (which isn't happening at the moment) no one would care if he weighs 200kg.

Or dropping some kegs could demonstrate to his young group the rewards that emerge from dedication and sacrifice? I hate suggesting that because I don’t think anyone should be judged by their appearance, but I would see it as an opportunity to lead by example and push a message through. That said, onfield at least I think the Suns issues are lack of leadership and quality of mature players. They’ve had the youngest or 2nd youngest list every season they’ve been involved in.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:17 am

The GC president Tony Cochrane on The Couch last night, can't help but like the bloke, he pulls no punches. He's a bit of a birk but he stands up for what he thinks.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:24 am

Booney wrote:The GC president Tony Cochrane on The Couch last night, can't help but like the bloke, he pulls no punches. He's a bit of a birk but he stands up for what he thinks.

Yeah I must admit he’s grown on me, certainly can’t say he’s not up front
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:33 am

The Gold Coast Suns like every other sporting team outside of League will continually fail.

When they came into the league everyone said the talent pool would be stretched thin... then GWS came and one could argue the standard of the league deteriorated due to no depth across the teams.

Goodluck to him trying to defend what is highly indefensible.

The sooner the AFL cut their losses with the Suns the better. Move that licence to Tassie. Atleast it's a football jurisdiction.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby MW » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:47 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The Gold Coast Suns like every other sporting team outside of League will continually fail.

When they came into the league everyone said the talent pool would be stretched thin... then GWS came and one could argue the standard of the league deteriorated due to no depth across the teams.

The sooner the AFL cut their losses with the Suns the better. Move that licence to Tassie. Atleast it's a football jurisdiction.

It's not a code issue (league v AFL) its a lifestyle issue. It's a party/tourist town. The mindset of the players would be impossible to get them to concentrate on being professional footballers or any other code.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:52 am

JK wrote:
Booney wrote:The GC president Tony Cochrane on The Couch last night, can't help but like the bloke, he pulls no punches. He's a bit of a birk but he stands up for what he thinks.

How was the tension between he and the ex tassie footballer last night

if they were in the studio together it could've been Normie Rowe and Ron Casey Mk II
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:06 am

MW wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The Gold Coast Suns like every other sporting team outside of League will continually fail.

It's not a code issue (league v AFL) its a lifestyle issue. It's a party/tourist town. The mindset of the players would be impossible to get them to concentrate on being professional footballers or any other code.

It's not a code issue cos basketball also failed

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby stan » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:17 am

This is true, the only issue with a Tassie team at the moment will be player retention.

Similar issues to the Gold Coast but at least it's mainland.

Just imagine the Vic metro kid getting picked up and getting his missus down there lol.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby JK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:04 am

am Bays wrote:
JK wrote:

How was the tension between he and the ex tassie footballer last night

if they were in the studio together it could've been Normie Rowe and Ron Casey Mk II

Thats what we're missing, a bit of primetime biff
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:20 pm

This week so far :

Stringer is a star and should get a massive deal
Essendon are the sleeping giant