Carlton

Talk on the national game

Re: Carlton

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:04 am

Will Teague see the season out? I guess it will depend on who they can secure to take the role, they need a no fuss tough operator, I think a Ross Lyon would be ideal right now.

They have the talent, extracting it out of all the players and finding positive consistency is the key, in this day and age a club shouldn't have mediocrity for a sustained period like the Blues have.

Say what you will about Lyon but he has a very impressive W/L record but not having the Premiership medal around his neck, that would chew at him.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Will Teague see the season out? I guess it will depend on who they can secure to take the role, they need a no fuss tough operator, I think a Ross Lyon would be ideal right now.

They have the talent, extracting it out of all the players and finding positive consistency is the key, in this day and age a club shouldn't have mediocrity for a sustained period like the Blues have.

Say what you will about Lyon but he has a very impressive W/L record but not having the Premiership medal around his neck, that would chew at him.

100% agree.

Carlton are not in a position to be fussy about their style of football, they just need to start winning games.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:14 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Will Teague see the season out? I guess it will depend on who they can secure to take the role, they need a no fuss tough operator, I think a Ross Lyon would be ideal right now.

They don't have enough of it.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7492 times
Been liked: 10774 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:53 am

Booney wrote:

They don't have enough of it.

If they were all on the park I think they have a decent foundation.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:01 pm

Reckon Teague has one week left in him, once the Crows beat them on Sunday night he'll be lucky to be there Monday morning.
That all out attack footy that got him the job has served him well hasnt it :D
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:07 pm

I’m not into sacking coaches but Teague hasn’t really fired a shot this year at all.
The more I think about it the more I think Buckley will be the man for the job.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2226 times
Been liked: 2520 times

Postby mots02 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:11 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

I’m not into sacking coaches but Teague hasn’t really fired a shot this year at all.

Nicky Buckley, with Jo Silvani as list manager (can't do a worse job that SOS) and Tony Barber as the runner!
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 877 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:19 pm

mots02 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Nicky Buckley, with Jo Silvani as list manager (can't do a worse job that SOS) and Tony Barber as the runner!

A female will be the head coach in the AFL this decade so why not start with a couple of tidy old boilers.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:51 am

Some of the vision on the footy shows last night was dead set horrible stuff, if Teague can't get a correction this week - which shouldn't be hard to do, then they have to act on him.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3497 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:52 am

Dutchy wrote:Some of the vision on the footy shows last night was dead set horrible stuff, if Teague can't get a correction this week - which shouldn't be hard to do, then they have to act on him.

He needs to drop the player/s in question to send a clear message of what is required.

There is no reason for a lack of effort as was shown last night.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:55 am

you pricks are gearing up to smash us this week...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:13 am

MW wrote:you pricks are gearing up to smash us this week...

:lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:14 am

Carlton $1.59
Adelaide $2.36

:shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:16 am

The fact Carlton have trotted out the "Review" line would surely have to buy the coach time til at least the review is completed? (FWIW I reckon he's a dead man walking)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4458 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:37 am

JK wrote:The fact Carlton have trotted out the "Review" line would surely have to buy the coach time til at least the review is completed? (FWIW I reckon he's a dead man walking)

A loss to Adelaide and there will be a Monday morning presser.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
JK wrote:The fact Carlton have trotted out the "Review" line would surely have to buy the coach time til at least the review is completed? (FWIW I reckon he's a dead man walking)

Yep, sorry I should have said excluding that situation (because even a win over the Crows will be followed at some point by another useless Blues performance)
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby MW » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:35 pm

Booney wrote:Carlton $1.59
Adelaide $2.36

:shock:

WTF
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2602 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:58 pm

JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yep, sorry I should have said excluding that situation (because even a win over the Crows will be followed at some point by another useless Blues performance)

Not sure about this. To me this about the playing group and their lack of want and work rate.

Teague needs to set some clear KPis on effort and work rate that the team are on board with with the team that he knows will deliver, "OK Boys what are the two priority indicators that we want to focus on today that indicate that we've given it all for the guernsey"

if that doesn't work after four weeks: http://www.sportspeople.com.au
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1809 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:06 pm

am Bays wrote:
JK wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Not sure about this. To me this about the playing group and their lack of want and work rate.

Teague needs to set some clear KPis on effort and work rate that the team are on board with with the team that he knows will deliver, "OK Boys what are the two priority indicators that we want to focus on today that indicate that we've given it all for the guernsey"

if that doesn't work after four weeks: http://www.sportspeople.com.au

The issues you mention have been prevalent for a long time so still fall under a failure of the senior coach I would think. I'm not close enough to know the situation, but from the outside you would question his group of assistants also. I like the bloke, but whenever a side is clearly sup-par in an area and show zero signs of improvement in that area, there's only so long he can survive imho. If they'd addressed their defensive and effort woes but another issue had emerged, well then yeah maybe that buys some time. Their list management team will come under fair scrutiny too you would think.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 pm

The issues you mention have been prevalent for a long time so still fall under a failure of the senior coach I would think. I'm not close enough to know the situation, but from the outside you would question his group of assistants also. I like the bloke, but whenever a side is clearly sup-par in an area and show zero signs of improvement in that area, there's only so long he can survive imho. If they'd addressed their defensive and effort woes but another issue had emerged, well then yeah maybe that buys some time. Their list management team will come under fair scrutiny too you would think.[/quote]

Did you see someone today published all their draft picks and trades for the last 8 or so years, there are multiple years where not a single player remains, that is their problem. Ill see if i can find it
They are the easiest team to move the ball from defensive 50 to forward 50 against and by a comfortable margin, backs up what i said earlier about not just their defenders who cant defend
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL