I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:16 pm

The "super spreader " party in Sydney resulted in 24 of 30 people get it.

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

It will get to a stage that to go to a lot of places vaccination will need to be evident.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:17 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Whilst I agree with the above, what I don’t see is any incentive or benefit so far to those who actually have been vaccinated.

The restrictions, lockdowns, protocols are still being applied regardless of if you’ve had the jab.

Surely if you wanted increased take up, you’d give those vaccinated exemption from border restrictions or lockdowns etc?
Correct weight.

We haven't been given any advice what mass population vaccination means.

Today's restrictions I feel are going to have a negative reaction with the public.

And apparently the shops are crazy, a mate has gone and she just said it's madness...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Yep. I reckon that will be a key step in going forward.
DOC
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:17 pm

DOC wrote:The "super spreader " party in Sydney resulted in 24 of 30 people get it.

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

It will get to a stage that to go to a lot of places vaccination will need to be evident.
Agreed.
I think eventually everyone will have a 'vaccinated' card.
And employers will require it.

Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:46 pm

The Bedge wrote:Whilst I agree with the above, what I don’t see is any incentive or benefit so far to those who actually have been vaccinated.

The restrictions, lockdowns, protocols are still being applied regardless of if you’ve had the jab.

Surely if you wanted increased take up, you’d give those vaccinated exemption from border restrictions or lockdowns etc?

Exactly my thoughts, if they came out and said we will be heading towards "normality" by the end of the year if we get a certain % vaccinated I would be lining up tomorrow.

While there is no direction or leadership on what the road map is then I see no need to rush out get it done.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:35 pm

Rush out? Line up?

It's not pension day at a bank.
DOC
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:09 pm

DOC wrote:The "super spreader " party in Sydney resulted in 24 of 30 people get it.

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

Proof?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:13 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

Agreed.

And you'd be happy with that?
**** that, thats a new level of stupid, its a flu ffs
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:37 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

Proof?

Not sure if that's irony or hypocrisy but here you go.:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-28/vaccinated-attendees-west-hoxton-birthday-party-avoid-covid-19/100249612
DOC
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:47 pm

DOC wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

Proof?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-28/vaccinated-attendees-west-hoxton-birthday-party-avoid-covid-19/100249612

Lol Im sorry but thats not proof :D Thats more government propaganda
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:58 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

Agreed.

You'll be happy, the federal government tonight decided to make it mandatory for aged care health workers to have the vaccine. That should rope in a few more that dont understand that mandatory does not mean compulsory or in other words, lawful.
Cant wait for the 1st lawsuit for discrimination and unfair dismissal.
There will be mass protests and walk outs, good luck finding a workforce for that thankless job.
This is going to heat up, make no mistake. you can only push people so far, i think this will tip alot more of the sceptical over to the dark side
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:26 am

Have to agree with this.

I have had my first jab but the honest answer is I don't feel like anything is changing in regards to lockdowns etc even when the majority of us are vaccinated.

Cant help but feel politics is getting in the way of future decision making eg upcoming elections etc.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:28 am

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

Putting my Daisy hat on but that has a lot of Nike just do it feel about it.
whufc
Coach

Postby heater31 » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:18 am

daysofourlives wrote:
DOC wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

Proof?

Lol Im sorry but thats not proof :D Thats more government propaganda
Alternative publication...whilst it's no Cairns News it's not newscorp either

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021/06 ... -covid-19/
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:25 am

DOC wrote:Rush out? Line up?

It's not pension day at a bank.

Thats the point, it should be
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 am

The six who didn't?

Vaccinated.

I thought the vaccine didn’t necessarily stop you getting it only the severity when you do?

Pot luck that the 6 vaccinated didn’t get it or has the narrative changed again?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby JK » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:32 am

Dutchy wrote:

Exactly my thoughts, if they came out and said we will be heading towards "normality" by the end of the year if we get a certain % vaccinated I would be lining up tomorrow.

While there is no direction or leadership on what the road map is then I see no need to rush out get it done.

Couldn't agree more .. My guess (so probably miles off lol) is that they don't come out and say we need %50 (eg) of the population vaccinated for fear of hitting that mark and having those unvaccinated not bothering, when ideally they'd want us close to %100 vaccination as they can get.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby whufc » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:46 am

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Couldn't agree more .. My guess (so probably miles off lol) is that they don't come out and say we need %50 (eg) of the population vaccinated for fear of hitting that mark and having those unvaccinated not bothering, when ideally they'd want us close to %100 vaccination as they can get.

Isnt it funny, the government are 'gently' encouraging us to get vaccinated.....we all know they deep down want 100% of people vaccinated.

BUT if the government publicly came out and said this all ends when 95% of the population are vaccinated there would be riots tomorrow because of the government trying to control us.
whufc
Coach

Postby JK » Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:51 am

whufc wrote:
JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Isnt it funny, the government are 'gently' encouraging us to get vaccinated.....we all know they deep down want 100% of people vaccinated.

BUT if the government publicly came out and said this all ends when 95% of the population are vaccinated there would be riots tomorrow because of the government trying to control us.

Yep, on a few matters they're damned if they do and damned if they don't and on a few other matters they've messed up. Between both of them (and the treatment of females in Canberra) they'll probably get the ass next election even though our country's Covid status has been pretty much the epitome of the globe.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:42 pm

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Yeah I get that, however their whole job is based on leading, educating and providing confidence to us plebs and they are doing a shocking job at it (not helped by the states having all the power and each state having their own directions and messaging)
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby JK » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:Yeah I get that, however their whole job is based on leading, educating and providing confidence to us plebs and they are doing a shocking job at it (not helped by the states having all the power and each state having their own directions and messaging)

It would be tricky given they have to outsource knowledge on this matter, but you're right, the lack of decisiveness and consistency in a lot of the messaging leaves a bit to be desired.
FUSC
JK
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion