R13 South v Eagles Saturday 1335

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R13 South v Eagles Saturday 1335

Postby Mr Fuller » Sun Jul 04, 2021 11:16 am

Thought Redden played really well. His possession count won't show it but he dominated the hitouts and gave our mids first usage.

A couple of players who have had patchy seasons for us so far had really good games yesterday which was great.

Much played probably his best game for us. This may have been because the absence of Knight opened up an opportunity for some other player to become the focal point but either way I hope he gains some confidence and this standard becomes the norm.

Pudney also should have been in our best. Pleasing as a winger to finally see his stats finally reflect a focus on kicks rather than handpasses as this makes him far more effective.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:15 pm

Great win by Eagles.
margin flattered South IMO, even though the combine kicked 3 in the last 5 minutes.
Souths decision making and skill execution was very poor. In most statistical categories South were around the mark; but if you are going to kick the ball on top of your forwards heads, over their heads , 5 metres wide of them, or straight to the opposition -you are not going to get close to winning.
Redden completely dominated the centre bounces, often gathering the ball himself, just too big for South to combat, seeing we havent got a ruckman.
Caillotto battled manfully but he was ragdolled by Redden.
South with too many not contributing. Time for some who seem to have a gold pass to be dropped for a few weeks, theyve let the coach and their team mates down too often imo.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:49 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Thought Redden played really well. His possession count won't show it but he dominated the hitouts and gave our mids first usage.

A couple of players who have had patchy seasons for us so far had really good games yesterday which was great.

Much played probably his best game for us. This may have been because the absence of Knight opened up an opportunity for some other player to become the focal point but either way I hope he gains some confidence and this standard becomes the norm.

Pudney also should have been in our best. Pleasing as a winger to finally see his stats finally reflect a focus on kicks rather than handpasses as this makes him far more effective.

I will be captain obvious here think our small forwards fired in yesterday’s game . Menzel is he a tall forward or midsized forward .
Stengle coming home to the Eagles has been a big bonus seen enough ex eagles in other sanfl teams like south .
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby whybother » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:43 pm

Does SA need a new reality coach? In today's Sunday Mail he is quoted as saying: I thought we were the far superior team for three and a half quarters, despite winning only one quarter by 1 point, and scoring zero in the last quarter. The aim of the game is to score more than your opponent.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:57 pm

whybother wrote:Does SA need a new reality coach? In today's Sunday Mail he is quoted as saying: I thought we were the far superior team for three and a half quarters, despite winning only one quarter by 1 point, and scoring zero in the last quarter. The aim of the game is to score more than your opponent.

Nup, he is Wright.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:23 pm

whybother wrote:Does SA need a new reality coach? In today's Sunday Mail he is quoted as saying: I thought we were the far superior team for three and a half quarters, despite winning only one quarter by 1 point, and scoring zero in the last quarter. The aim of the game is to score more than your opponent.

No.
as I alluded to in previous post.
We've lost the last 3 games... in all those games we have broke even or won in possession, clearances, inside 50s stats ....etc...but have completely butchered the ball , giving our forwards no chance..
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Well he did coach the Eagles seconds all those years ago maybe
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:05 pm

These tough, muddy games in the middle of winter help set up your spot in the finals at the end of the year, but give little indication of what will happen on a fast deck in spring at the Adelaide Oval. A really good win by the Eagles to put a game and percentage on 4th spot. South with some work to do, but they are capable and shouldn’t be written off.

Redden was dominant. You would expect he’ll get better as the season progresses, given his whole off-season was spent recovering from shoulder surgery. Good to see Haylock and Coma step straight in and look comfortable at the level. A much better game from Mutch this week. Tsitas again very good. I thought Seymour played his best game for the season. His penetrating left foot could be very handy come September, he just needs to continue to back himself going for the ball and get his confidence up that he belongs at the level. Menzel and Stengle exceptional up forward and our win once again built on the solid foundations laid by Thompson, Giuffreda and Rowland in defence.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby blueandwhite » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:49 pm

wasnt wet or muddy at Noarlunga yesterday....
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Postby ferret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:15 am

blueandwhite wrote:wasnt wet or muddy at Noarlunga yesterday....

Walked across the the oval before start of reserves match and there was plenty of surface water around the eastern wing and flanks, not obvious, but would certainly have made the ball slippery.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby goddy11 » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:30 am

ferret wrote:

Walked across the the oval before start of reserves match and there was plenty of surface water around the eastern wing and flanks, not obvious, but would certainly have made the ball slippery.

Just watching the game on C7 , the ground looked magnificent. The games I viewed on Digital Pass eg Glenelg and Woodville(u18) had terrible center areas. Credit to the Panthers staff.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Ronnie » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:59 am

The grounds with cricket pitch areas are going to struggle, which the panthers don't have to contend with. Thankfully, the weather forecast for this week is dry, which should see better conditions next weekend.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby ferret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:06 am

The Eagles weren't at their best on Saturday but their tenacity, perseverance and the ability to string together several excellent passages of play and compete for 120 minutes gave them a well deserved win. South's unwillingness to take on the game was costly, one goal in the second half was just not good enough. I thought the Eagles' backlines were tremendous. Under the slippery conditions Stengle's and Dan Menzel's goal kicking achievements were outstanding. Good to see "Big Red" getting fitter and being more involved. Special mention to Kobe Mutch, after struggling with a bad shoulder injury for a lot of the season he played his best game for the club in a different role.

It's been a messy season for the Eagles losing so many to the draft, interstate work and also trying to integrate new recruits and juniors in to the team.

Currently the Eagles have the best percentage and have the second best attack and the second best defence this is reflected in their ladder position

To date the Eagles have played 34 players in their twelve matches. Only four players have played every match of the season. The Eagles average only 12 players a week of their 2020 premiership 22. The team has included thirteen players new to the team this year. Significant injuries to Kobe Mutch, Clay Cameron, Troy Menzel, Jarrad Redden, Jordan West, Rory Lehmann and Matty Goldsworthy haven't helped the team get a feeling for each other and to gel smoothly each week. Throw in Stengle missing matches for a carry over suspension and a future champ in Cooper Sharman being kidnapped by the mid-season draft the efforts of the coaching staff must be recognised as outstanding by Eagle supporters. The Eagles continue to be a force.
ferret
Reserves

Postby ferret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:11 am

goddy11 wrote:
ferret wrote:

Just watching the game on C7 , the ground looked magnificent. The games I viewed on Digital Pass eg Glenelg and Woodville(u18) had terrible center areas. Credit to the Panthers staff.

The nice covering of green grass hid the the surface water which was definitely there, my soaked shoes will testify to that. OK there might not have been the mud but the ball was still very slippery.
ferret
Reserves

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:11 pm

ferret wrote:The Eagles weren't at their best on Saturday but their tenacity, perseverance and the ability to string together several excellent passages of play and compete for 120 minutes gave them a well deserved win. South's unwillingness to take on the game was costly, one goal in the second half was just not good enough. I thought the Eagles' backlines were tremendous. Under the slippery conditions Stengle's and Dan Menzel's goal kicking achievements were outstanding. Good to see "Big Red" getting fitter and being more involved. Special mention to Kobe Mutch, after struggling with a bad shoulder injury for a lot of the season he played his best game for the club in a different role.

It's been a messy season for the Eagles losing so many to the draft, interstate work and also trying to integrate new recruits and juniors in to the team.

Currently the Eagles have the best percentage and have the second best attack and the second best defence this is reflected in their ladder position

To date the Eagles have played 34 players in their twelve matches. Only four players have played every match of the season. The Eagles average only 12 players a week of their 2020 premiership 22. The team has included thirteen players new to the team this year. Significant injuries to Kobe Mutch, Clay Cameron, Troy Menzel, Jarrad Redden, Jordan West, Rory Lehmann and Matty Goldsworthy haven't helped the team get a feeling for each other and to gel smoothly each week. Throw in Stengle missing matches for a carry over suspension and a future champ in Cooper Sharman being kidnapped by the mid-season draft the efforts of the coaching staff must be recognised as outstanding by Eagle supporters. The Eagles continue to be a force.

F***

The rest of us are all playing for 2nd. Thank goodness the Eagles had all those injuries can’t fathom how we’ve even got close to them.

I’m off to organise some garden renovations in September
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby ferret » Mon Jul 05, 2021 1:38 pm

am Bays wrote:
ferret wrote:The Eagles weren't at their best on Saturday but their tenacity, perseverance and the ability to string together several excellent passages of play and compete for 120 minutes gave them a well deserved win. South's unwillingness to take on the game was costly, one goal in the second half was just not good enough. I thought the Eagles' backlines were tremendous. Under the slippery conditions Stengle's and Dan Menzel's goal kicking achievements were outstanding. Good to see "Big Red" getting fitter and being more involved. Special mention to Kobe Mutch, after struggling with a bad shoulder injury for a lot of the season he played his best game for the club in a different role.

F***

The rest of us are all playing for 2nd. Thank goodness the Eagles had all those injuries can’t fathom how we’ve even got close to them.

What a lot of shit you post.

I merely pointed out what a good job the coaching staff have done under trying circumstances. Never mentioned that the Eagles should be top or would win the premiership, but we know how precious you mob of insolvents are.
ferret
Reserves

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:13 pm

ferret wrote:
am Bays wrote:F***

I merely pointed out what a good job the coaching staff have done under trying circumstances. Never mentioned that the Eagles should be top or would win the premiership, but we know how precious you mob of insolvents are.

:lol: :lol:

I’m just appreciating you posting for the first time in almost a fortnight.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:37 pm

am Bays wrote:
ferret wrote:
am Bays wrote:F***

:lol: :lol:

I’m just appreciating you posting for the first time in almost a fortnight.

:lol: Surprised, much?
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Spargo » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:40 pm

ferret wrote:
am Bays wrote:

F***

Insolvents :lol:
All’s we’re missing now is a gay reference or COVID breach post from that other rocket scientist who follows the hybrids…
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5456 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Eagles Nest » Mon Jul 05, 2021 2:42 pm

Never difficult to win at Noarlunga in July
Eagles Nest
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 30 times