Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby DOC » Sun Jul 11, 2021 4:42 pm

Indeed.

Victoria to close the border with NSW from midnight.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby stan » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:36 am

MW wrote:
stan wrote:
MW wrote:Too busy making fun of Adelaide to save their own state. Dipsh1ts
Like Victoria they got pretty unlucky with some people being pretty dumb. Between the NRL guys and some idiots having parties it seemed to serve as the perfect storm.

Although the Security guard rooting around was a far better story.

No luck about it. The areas of the outbreaks the people there just don't give a sh1t or don't understand what's going on.
Yeah that's true, very much like Victoria.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:39 am

"I've done all of Bondi"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:31 am

I had heard that a delivery driver was in Adelaide last week from NSW and had tested positive on his return to NSW but haven’t heard nothing more. I thought the Three Stooges would have made a scene about it by now?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby tipper » Mon Jul 12, 2021 11:55 am

Jim05 wrote:I had heard that a delivery driver was in Adelaide last week from NSW and had tested positive on his return to NSW but haven’t heard nothing more. I thought the Three Stooges would have made a scene about it by now?

https://www.news.com.au/national/victor ... 591705c524

a removalist apparently.

no idea where he went within SA, but cant have been too many places, driving here and leaving back to NSW on the next day apparently.
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:17 pm

NSW health now indicating 14 days is insufficient to detect Covid in some cases and are now recommending testing at days 16 and 21 as well as the usual 0, 5 and 12.

So on one hand we are hearing its a game changer and people are testing positive within a day of 'fleeting contact' yet on the other hand it take upto 3 weeks for some people to even test positive, let alone develop symptoms.

This coincides with a report out of Jakata that suggested nearly half the 10million people within Jakata have had covid, yet only one in 12 who had it, developed symptoms strong enough to bother getting tested.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:53 pm

tipper wrote:
Jim05 wrote:I had heard that a delivery driver was in Adelaide last week from NSW and had tested positive on his return to NSW but haven’t heard nothing more. I thought the Three Stooges would have made a scene about it by now?

a removalist apparently.

no idea where he went within SA, but cant have been too many places, driving here and leaving back to NSW on the next day apparently.

I think we need a 3 day lockdown ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby back89 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:55 pm

I do wonder where he has been while in sa last Friday this guy
back89
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby tipper » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:04 pm

Brodlach wrote:
tipper wrote:

a removalist apparently.

I think we need a 3 day lockdown ;)
Ive already packed up my desk...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Mr Beefy » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:04 pm

back89 wrote:I do wonder where he has been while in sa last Friday this guy
I thought I saw McLaren Vale way
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby tipper » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:29 am

Well, someones lying. Husband of someone i work with here has apparently been in contact with one of the removalists, so he is isolating, her work group have all been sent home, and everyone here is cleaning.

I just knew it wasnt realistic for the removalists to have not stopped anywhere within Sa other than the house for 5 hours to unload...

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:35 am

Just watched a little piece by Alan Jones, was interesting. I know, what was I thinking?

He notes in a 12 month period through 2018-2019 we had 300,000 flu cases and 700 deaths. In the 18 months since COVID we've had 30,000 cases and 900 deaths.

Now, if you merely extrapolate those numbers out (assuming no masks, lockdowns etc) without factoring in the burden on the health system the 30,000 COVID cases would become 300,000 (10x as many) and the 900 deaths would be 9,000 (10x as many).

I think *gulp* Jones is right, well done to the authorities for keeping the number of infections and deaths so low, for keeping Australia safe.
Last edited by Booney on Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:36 am

tipper wrote:Well, someones lying. Husband of someone i work with here has apparently been in contact with one of the removalists, so he is isolating, her work group have all been sent home, and everyone here is cleaning.

I just knew it wasnt realistic for the removalists to have not stopped anywhere within Sa other than the house for 5 hours to unload...

From the nearest border point to McLaren Vale must be at least 5 hours + 5 hours to unload + 5 hours back to the border. Be f*cked they didn't stop anywhere.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:46 am

Booney wrote:
tipper wrote:Well, someones lying. Husband of someone i work with here has apparently been in contact with one of the removalists, so he is isolating, her work group have all been sent home, and everyone here is cleaning.

From the nearest border point to McLaren Vale must be at least 5 hours + 5 hours to unload + 5 hours back to the border. Be f*cked they didn't stop anywhere.
Exactly. Even if it wasnt mclaren vale (i havent read that officially anywhere yet, only rumours) its a long frigging day without stopping for food...

tipper
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:50 am

Confirmed :

Authorities are working out whether South Australian petrol stations should be declared exposure sites, after they were visited by a team of removalists infected with Covid-19.

One of the three workers was working in SA when he was notified he was a close contact of a Sydney case.

SA deputy chief public health officer Dr Emily Kirkpatrick said the workers immediately returned home, stopping at petrol stations along the way.

“We need to then look through that CCTV footage, get a better history around exactly what was occurring,” she told ABC Radio Adelaide.

“We know that people do pull across to the side of the road, some people go into the building, it really depends on what their activity has been.”

She said the man had been asymptomatic when he was notified he was a close contact, and was aware of his requirement not to come into contact with the public.

The removalists, who had been in SA to move a family’s belongings to McLaren Vale, isolated and submitted for testing on their return to New South Wales.

Two of the three have now tested positive to Covid-19, one with the Delta strain.

They visited SA on Friday after staying overnight in Melbourne on Thursday, where a number of exposure sites have been declared and an apartment block has been plunged into lockdown.

Victoria’s Covid-19 commander, Jeroen Weimar, revealed his teams had “slightly different messages from the individuals about exactly what they did” in SA as they investigated if they “complied” with restrictions in their essential travel permits.

Victoria Health said their ongoing interviews were “proving complex and challenging”.

Their employer has provided fuel cards and trip logbooks, while contact tracers are using other methods to prove their movements.

Mr Stevens also announced new Sydney travel restrictions amid concerns with the Bondi cluster and flagged new testing requirements on freight or truck drives from Thursday.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:51 am

Booney wrote:Two of the three have now tested positive to Covid-19, one with the Delta strain.

So three men sat in a truck together for 3+ days.

One has nothing.
One has delta covid.
One has non-delta covid.

Does anyone else find that hard to believe.

Sure, the one with nothing might still be building up enough antibodies to test positive, so I'm not too skeptical on that aspect, but for the two that are positive to have different strains seems extremely unbelievable.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby tipper » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:58 am

Trader wrote:
Booney wrote:Two of the three have now tested positive to Covid-19, one with the Delta strain.

One has nothing.
One has delta covid.
One has non-delta covid.

Sure, the one with nothing might still be building up enough antibodies to test positive, so I'm not too skeptical on that aspect, but for the two that are positive to have different strains seems extremely unbelievable.

i assume that they just havent received the results of the sequencing yet for that one, so cant say what strain he has. i think the sequencing is an extra step, not done automatically with a "normal" test.
tipper
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:01 am

Trader wrote:

One has nothing.
One has delta covid.
One has non-delta covid.

They might throw out the "third man was vaccinated" line. ;)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby DOC » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:03 am

Trader wrote:

One has nothing.
One has delta covid.
One has non-delta covid.

Two trucks/vans apparently
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 724 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby Trader » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:11 am

DOC wrote:Two trucks/vans apparently

One with the household's contents and the other with the drugs?

tipper wrote:i assume that they just havent received the results of the sequencing yet for that one, so cant say what strain he has. i think the sequencing is an extra step, not done automatically with a "normal" test.

Darn, I was hoping for a bigger conspiracy! haha
Trader
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion