ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby no_remorse28 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:35 pm

Travis is to bat 9 because he is a bowler now, does have a 40 odd wicket season in A1, I mean he is no Darren Francis but
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Browny007 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:28 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:Travis is to bat 9 because he is a bowler now, does have a 40 odd wicket season in A1, I mean he is no Darren Francis but

Yeah Darren wants to no how you day was the day he hit 110 of 40 balls
Browny007
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby no_remorse28 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:49 pm

You mean the day he was 1 of my 6 wickets. I can't carry the whole team mate.

Remember that time a whole playing group walked out on you when you were coach at Kilburn
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby Slowleftarm » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:03 pm

A few month's out before the first ball is bowled but going by this it's going to be a big build up to the season starting.
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Browny007 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:15 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:You mean the day he was 1 of my 6 wickets. I can't carry the whole team mate.

Remember that time a whole playing group walked out on you when you were coach at Kilburn

Haha good banter this.
You are correct that we did have most players leave and I’m not going to say why on a forum but we both no what the reason was behind the majority of players leaving or not playing again.
Browny007
Mini-League

Postby Browny007 » Sat Jul 10, 2021 9:16 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:You mean the day he was 1 of my 6 wickets. I can't carry the whole team mate.

Haha good banter this.
You are correct that we did have most players leave and I’m not going to say why on a forum but we both no what the reason was behind the majority of players leaving or not playing again.
Browny007
Mini-League

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:37 am

What would the player budget be at a top Div 1 club like Para Hills?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby no_remorse28 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:52 am

daysofourlives wrote:What would the player budget be at a top Div 1 club like Para Hills?

Any major cricket budget spend is utilised mostly on coaching as we ask for a considerable amount of time from these roles. I imagine like many other clubs the budget is no where near what the rest of the world presumes it to be.

We pride ourselves on trying to recruit with our club culture and commitment to the community and building something sustainable, some may not believe this. But we are very passionate about culture first.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby Browny007 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:55 am

daysofourlives wrote:What would the player budget be at a top Div 1 club like Para Hills?

Spoc I’d imagine would be right up there chaminda eranga himself is asking for 12k
Para hills and Ingle farm top end players have been at the clubs for long periods of time and many play for little keeping the budget well down to what most would expect.
Ingle farm are brilliant off field with fund raising with the cricketers doing several Bunnings bbq, night at the dogs, 150-200 people to the last man standing and several other well attended function organised by popey and the lads.

I’d say there would be a couple around 30k mist around 15-20k
Browny007
Mini-League

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Jul 11, 2021 2:36 pm

Browny007 wrote:

Spoc I’d imagine would be right up there chaminda eranga himself is asking for 12k
Para hills and Ingle farm top end players have been at the clubs for long periods of time and many play for little keeping the budget well down to what most would expect.
Ingle farm are brilliant off field with fund raising with the cricketers doing several Bunnings bbq, night at the dogs, 150-200 people to the last man standing and several other well attended function organised by popey and the lads.

I guess the next question is how does it compare to grade clubs?
And then where i am going with it is, would the top clubs compete financially with grade clubs if there was just the one metro turf comp in the state?
Or at least at a Div2 level if say the best 8 clubs were in the premier comp in the state.
Dont really want to get into all the other factors for or against that type of set up, just wondering if the Turf clubs have the finacial capacity to compete at a higher level.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby no_remorse28 » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:17 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Browny007 wrote:

I guess the next question is how does it compare to grade clubs?
And then where i am going with it is, would the top clubs compete financially with grade clubs if there was just the one metro turf comp in the state?
Or at least at a Div2 level if say the best 8 clubs were in the premier comp in the state.
Dont really want to get into all the other factors for or against that type of set up, just wondering if the Turf clubs have the finacial capacity to compete at a higher level.

Probably not, in saying that a club could get a bit carried away in spending big, but we don't have the luxury of SACA contributions every year.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:40 am

I think there are a number of ATCA clubs that are better at fundraising and attracting sponsors than some of the SACA clubs.
The SACA clubs have become reliant on SACA hand outs.

With that said, the sort of players the ATCA clubs are attracting are very different to the ones that stay at SACA clubs.
ATCA clubs attract their cricketers by promoting 1pm starts (80 overs vs 96), no sunday cricket, training once a week is acceptable, etc.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:03 pm

Trader wrote:I think there are a number of ATCA clubs that are better at fundraising and attracting sponsors than some of the SACA clubs.
The SACA clubs have become reliant on SACA hand outs.

With that said, the sort of players the ATCA clubs are attracting are very different to the ones that stay at SACA clubs.
ATCA clubs attract their cricketers by promoting 1pm starts (80 overs vs 96), no sunday cricket, training once a week is acceptable, etc.

100 percent agree, it's a completely different vibe to that of premier cricket, ATCA A1 provides a competitive standard at a half of the commitment. Also couldn't agree more with local clubs and their work off the field, mind you it would be nice for a handout now and then haha
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:30 pm

I wanna see more Para Hills vs Pt Districts.. more no_remorse28 vs Browny007!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 12:44 pm

The Bedge wrote:I wanna see more Para Hills vs Pt Districts.. more no_remorse28 vs Browny007!

He just signed Lovel from us so probably feels he won the battle. I'm meeting with three of his tonight just to spite him
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:03 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I wanna see more Para Hills vs Pt Districts.. more no_remorse28 vs Browny007!

He just signed Lovel from us so probably feels he won the battle. I'm meeting with three of his tonight just to spite him

Told me Saturday "got em cheap".. we clearly have different ideas what constitutes "cheap" :D
The Bedge
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 1:42 pm

The Bedge wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:

Told me Saturday "got em cheap".. we clearly have different ideas what constitutes "cheap" :D

I think Lovel has taken a mate with him along with Irfan. Knowing these lads they will be a very aggressive team, will be interesting to see if they can string the consistency together, will be dangerous on their day
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby Browny007 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 9:42 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:

I think Lovel has taken a mate with him along with Irfan. Knowing these lads they will be a very aggressive team, will be interesting to see if they can string the consistency together, will be dangerous on their day

Some more exciting news. Welcome home to Graeme cooper who returns to port districts to be my side kick. Graeme has taken on the assistant coaching role and batting coach. We are extremely pleased to welcome coops back and extremely excited by what he has to offer our playing group with his knowledge and experience of the game. I’m positive our batsman will benefit greatly with this appointment.
Cheers coops.
Browny007
Mini-League

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:03 am

Browny007 wrote:Some more exciting news. Welcome home to Graeme cooper who returns to port districts to be my side kick. Graeme has taken on the assistant coaching role and batting coach. We are extremely pleased to welcome coops back and extremely excited by what he has to offer our playing group with his knowledge and experience of the game. I’m positive our batsman will benefit greatly with this appointment.
Cheers coops.

No one cares 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:29 pm

May as well get Gordon out there to and can have the whole clan together.
no_remorse28
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps