R15 North v Adelaide

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R15 North v Adelaide

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:00 pm

Roosters game is back up now.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Magellan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:06 pm

North by 39 at lemon time.

Free kick count: Crows 20, North 6.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:07 pm

The so called commentary is a ******* disgrace, everyone needs to complain to the SANFL about this ignorant cow.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:32 pm

Nice to thrash this shitheap of a franchise twice this year.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:35 pm

The Cows are going to be bloody sore after this one, going down like nine pins. :lol:

Nice to be back in the top 3.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:40 pm

Wedgie wrote:Nice to thrash this shitheap of a franchise twice this year.

Agreed. Bloody trial game though.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Magellan » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:43 pm

Crows won the frees 25 to 11. Thankfully they’re such a rubbish team that it didn’t make a difference. If that’s their next level then their AFL team will be cellar dwellers for a while yet.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Postby ChickCock » Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:03 pm

Nice % Booster again like most games and finally in the top 3 :-$
ChickCock
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby robranisgod » Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:52 pm

Wedgie wrote:The so called commentary is a ******* disgrace, everyone needs to complain to the SANFL about this ignorant cow.

I have to agree.
I have just watched the game on the digital pass having been at the Game.
I will be ringing the SANFL on Monday to complain about the commentary. I implore anyone else who watched the game via the digital pass to do the same. We pay for the privilege of hearing about Matt Crouch, Billy Frampton, Jacko Hately etc whilst in the meantime North score another goal with only a fleeting acknowledgement.
The commentators were just completely unaware of anything. Early on they said that the Crows were going with a slight breeze when North were actually kicking with a gale,
And I don't usually comment about umpiring but the display today was abysmal. How North could have been so far in front yet get so few frees was amazing. It is a wonder that the game didn't descend into an all in brawl given the frustration North players must have felt. The number of times a Crows player had ample opportunity to get rid of the ball, would be tackled and turned 360 degrees and a ball up resulted was disgraceful.
Having complained bitterly I must say that I was very pleased with the Roosters today. They have been in excellent form (despite the male commentator saying that they were bringing indifferent form into the game). North have now won their last 4 games by 76 points, 44 points, 48 points and now 54 points. I would take indifferent form like that any day.
North now have four difficult games to end the minor round. They play Sturt at Unley, Eagles at Prospect, South at Noarlunga and Norwood at home.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby redden whites » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:59 pm

Try having seats within earshot of those two clowns.
Still at least we didn't hear " The boy from ..........insert players name" 1000 times today
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby redden whites » Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:03 pm

I was happy with The Roosters today also .
The type of day where plenty of 50/50 ground balls were there to be won and I reckon we got to 80% of them 1st.
P.S. James Craig offers nothing to this side.
redden whites
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Magellan » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:19 am

Wedgie wrote:The so called commentary is a ******* disgrace, everyone needs to complain to the SANFL about this ignorant cow.

The other irksome thing was that she often referred to the Crows as 'we', which emphasised a lack of impartiality. Every caller has their team, but you need to keep it under wraps.

A stark contrast to a couple of weeks earlier, when during the Port-Centrals match at Elizabeth Wayne Weidemann commented neutrally on his son kicking a critical last quarter goal for Port. We certainly didn't hear about whether he eats gluten or gained 18 kilos in the off-season.
Magellan
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:52 am

I mute the commentary as it adds nothing to the coverage. I’m also watching the races at the same time though..
Corona Man
Coach

Postby locky801 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 12:53 pm

Corona Man wrote:I mute the commentary as it adds nothing to the coverage. I’m also watching the races at the same time though..

Dont watch it at all anymore, get a more non bias summary from you guys on here, i just have the SANFL scoreboard up keeping me up to date with scores
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby whufc » Sun Jul 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Magellan wrote:

The other irksome thing was that she often referred to the Crows as 'we', which emphasised a lack of impartiality. Every caller has their team, but you need to keep it under wraps.

A stark contrast to a couple of weeks earlier, when during the Port-Centrals match at Elizabeth Wayne Weidemann commented neutrally on his son kicking a critical last quarter goal for Port. We certainly didn't hear about whether he eats gluten or gained 18 kilos in the off-season.

Yeah and you also wouldn’t know Phil Aspinal is a dogs man unless you knew his history on here or saw him at games previous to commentating
Last edited by whufc on Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Spargo » Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:43 pm

robranisgod wrote:

I have to agree.
I will be ringing the SANFL on Monday to complain about the commentary. I implore anyone else who watched the game via the digital pass to do the same. We pay for the privilege of hearing about Matt Crouch, Billy Frampton, Jacko Hately etc whilst in the meantime North score another goal with only a fleeting acknowledgement.
The commentators were just completely unaware of anything. Early on they said that the Crows were going with a slight breeze when North were actually kicking with a gale,
And I don't usually comment about umpiring but the display today was abysmal. How North could have been so far in front yet get so few frees was amazing. It is a wonder that the game didn't descend into an all in brawl given the frustration North players must have felt. The number of times a Crows player had ample opportunity to get rid of the ball, would be tackled and turned 360 degrees and a ball up resulted was disgraceful.
Having complained bitterly I must say that I was very pleased with the Roosters today. They have been in excellent form (despite the male commentator saying that they were bringing indifferent form into the game). North have now won their last 4 games by 76 points, 44 points, 48 points and now 54 points. I would take indifferent form like that any day.
North now have four difficult games to end the minor round. They play Sturt at Unley, Eagles at Prospect, South at Noarlunga and Norwood at home.

North clearly the form side of the comp currently. I would expect them to win at least 3 of their last 4 & secure the double chance.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5457 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Magellan » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:57 am

Spargo wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

I have to agree.

North clearly the form side of the comp currently. I would expect them to win at least 3 of their last 4 & secure the double chance.

True, but the last 4 wins have been against sides outside the 5. The last three rounds will be the acid test. Some quality players that didn't play in Saturday's game are set to return soon - Alex Barns, Billy Hartung, Aaron Young, and Tanner Smith. Kym LeBois is a bit further away, I think.
Magellan
Coach

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL