I will be shortly
11%
No **** way
3%

Total votes : 36

Re: Who has had the Covid jab?

Postby stan » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:58 am

am Bays wrote:
stan wrote:But it won't end it, next out break we will be locked up again.

But the more of us that check in, get vaccinated, and practise standard precaution the less chance there is of future lockdowns and decreased time periods
I doubt that, I understand what you are saying and I'm not against any of it but I can't see the gang of 3 using that logic.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:49 am

Haven't yet but will when everyone that requires one more than I do has had one and the waiting time has shortened, I'd only miss my appointment if I made one now.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby JK » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:35 am

Dutchy wrote:9,30am tomorrow, Im so over this shit, Im happy to get it just to hopefully be able to see a band or two before Im in aged care

That was pretty much my reasoning too
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:44 am

I'm all for vaccines, they work.

I haven't had my covid jab yet as I'm in one of the younger age groups that aren't open to get the jab yet.

I was intending to get my jab shortly after my age bracket opened up.

However, given being vaccinated doesn't stop you catching, or passing on the disease, getting the jab doesn't help with herd immunity (which works by people not passing it on to others, this isn't the case with covid). As such, hitting a target of 70% or 80% or whatever number they pick, won't prevent outbreaks, it won't protect the unvaccinated, and therefore, it won't stop lockdowns.

There is therefore no tangible benefit for me to get the jab. (I don't have other health issues, therefore my chances of death from catching covid are very low).

With this in mind, I'm now thinking I won't bother with it.

As much as I don't agree with vaccine passports, these will become standard and I'll likely get jabbed once travel opens up and its a requirement to be allowed to travel, but until that benefit exists, I doubt I'll bother.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Bum Crack » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:45 am

Yep. Had both pfizer two months ago.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 890 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby mots02 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:48 am

I've had a couple of pfizers and I feel pfine
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 876 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby whufc » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:50 am

JK wrote:
Dutchy wrote:9,30am tomorrow, Im so over this shit, Im happy to get it just to hopefully be able to see a band or two before Im in aged care

That was pretty much my reasoning too

Same
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:51 am

Trader wrote:I'm all for vaccines, they work.

I haven't had my covid jab yet as I'm in one of the younger age groups that aren't open to get the jab yet.

However, given being vaccinated doesn't stop you catching, or passing on the disease, getting the jab doesn't help with herd immunity (which works by people not passing it on to others, this isn't the case with covid). As such, hitting a target of 70% or 80% or whatever number they pick, won't prevent outbreaks, it won't protect the unvaccinated, and therefore, it won't stop lockdowns.

There is therefore no tangible benefit for me to get the jab. (I don't have other health issues, therefore my chances of death from catching covid are very low).

As much as I don't agree with vaccine passports, these will become standard and I'll likely get jabbed once travel opens up and its a requirement to be allowed to travel, but until that benefit exists, I doubt I'll bother.

If we get to 70 - 80% vaccinated as you say, then pretty sure we will have no more Lockdowns.

That is pretty high %, if you have not been vaccinated then that is the persons worry and if they get sick so be it.

Will get to the stage like in USA that if you have not been vaccinated you will not be able to travel (that's a certainty), wont be able to go to certain restaurants, concerts, etc. This is a great thing in my opinion!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:53 am

I'm more worried about sports and travel. Saw plenty of bands in the last 6 months and 2 in the week before lockdown, made sure I got my fix.
But yeah people like Springsteen have set the precedent in allowing only vaccinated people in (AZ wouldn't get you in) so I can see that sort of scheme expanding down the track.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2039 times
Been liked: 3880 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Trader » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:59 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
Trader wrote:I'm all for vaccines, they work.

If we get to 70 - 80% vaccinated as you say, then pretty sure we will have no more Lockdowns.

That is pretty high %, if you have not been vaccinated then that is the persons worry and if they get sick so be it.

Will get to the stage like in USA that if you have not been vaccinated you will not be able to travel (that's a certainty), wont be able to go to certain restaurants, concerts, etc. This is a great thing in my opinion!

But given vaccination doesn't 'protect the elderly' (you still catch and pass it on) there is no reason as to why waiting for 70% before stopping lockdowns.

If there was a benefit of minimising the transmission I'd be all for it, but the experts tell us it doesn't have those benefits, all the vaccine does is protect the individual, there is no society wide benefit. With this in mind, it should be a personal choice and discriminating against individuals when their decision doesn't impact wider society is wrong IMO.

(If they come out and show that the vaccine does stop you passing it on, then I'd happily get behind punishments for unvaccinated).
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:03 am

Eagles2014 wrote:

I wouldnt go that far. I would say less likelihood of restrictions/lockdowns and for shorter durations
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1807 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:08 am

am Bays wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:

I wouldnt go that far. I would say less likelihood of restrictions/lockdowns and for shorter durations

You are normally on the money and don't normally disagree with your views, but I reckon the government would be absolutely shot if they did a Lockdown with that higher percentage of people vaccinated, will just have to wait and see :D
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:32 am

Brodlach wrote:Neither, never had a flu shot either.

Similar, had a flu shot 3 or 4 years ago and never been more sick in my life than that winter, so opted out.

In regards to the COVID jab, it's not that i'm against it - just don't see a real need for me to get it, I'm in a low risk category, I'm young etc.. I think those who need to get the jab more urgently should be ahead of the curb.. even if I catch COVID the indicators are it'll be mild and i'll recover, so don't see a value in the vaccine at the moment.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3995 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:00 pm

AZ jab 1 on 22nd April - mild fatigue on 24th was the only reaction.
AZ jab 2 on 15th July - mild head and shoulder aches and a bit tired for about 3 days.
Wife reacted similarly though more reaction to the first than the second.

We are both glad to now be significantly protected from serious risk from CV.

I had the latest Influenza booster mid way between the two AZ jabs - more reaction to that than either of the AZs, but no serious reaction there either.
Last edited by Psyber on Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dutchy » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm

1st shot done, woke up with a massive headache so I'm hopeful it will at least get rid of that
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby DOC » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:08 pm

Psyber wrote:AZ jab 1 on 22nd April - mild fatigue on 24th was the only reaction.
AZ jab 2 on 15th July - mild head and shoulder aches and a bit tired for about 3 days.

I had the latest Influenza booster mid way between the two AZ jabs - more reaction to that than either of the AZs, but no serious reaction there either.

Small side note.

An ongoing study in the US (very early days) is showing that persons with covid who have had both covid and flu vaccine are having much milder symptons and quicker recovery.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 729 times
Been liked: 2083 times

Postby gazzamagoo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:15 pm

Had my first Pfizer yesterday at Wayville, booked in for number 2 in 3 weeks.
No pain, aches, nothing.
gazzamagoo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1659 times
Been liked: 649 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Psyber » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:17 pm

DOC wrote:
Psyber wrote:AZ jab 1 on 22nd April - mild fatigue on 24th was the only reaction.

Small side note.

An ongoing study in the US (very early days) is showing that persons with covid who have had both covid and flu vaccine are having much milder symptons and quicker recovery.

Makes sense - related virus.
I'll line up for next year's booster for new variants too.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby heater31 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:35 pm

In a similar boat to Trader. Young and only qualify due to my job which is very close to front line healthcare but far enough away that I'm not shitting myself daily.

Workplace is only handing out the AZ which with a family history of clotting, I'm not keen despite what medical advice says. So I'll wait it out for Pfizer. Booked for late September and 2nd dose mid October.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby JK » Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:1st shot done, woke up with a massive headache so I'm hopeful it will at least get rid of that

Yeah bit of a headache was only thing I noticed after Pfizer #1
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4457 times
Been liked: 2986 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion