Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:10 pm

I think sport will resume this weekend - why? A lot of us get caught up with our own senior competitions and forget about the kids. SANFL Juniors only has a month left of games (+finals for the higher age groups), i'm sure other winter sports are similar.

This is the demographic we really want and need playing sport still, and some dont play a summer sport, so think SA Gov would be eager to get these kids back out there to enjoy what's left of their season sooner rather than later.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 pm

I finally have found video vision of the horse supposedly being punched by a protester in Sydney some sites will not show it.

By only the still photo evidence it is definitely not a good look.

I think Daisies assessment on the media is quite correct scum media as per usual they sensationalise a story.

From what i can see in this vid the mans hand was in a formed fist but his left arm was fully extended and looks like he was fending off the horses head i cannot see where he has actually taken a swing at the horse.

Any way my two bobs worth may be it should be referred to the AFL VCR Panel for adjudication. :)

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-ac ... b9339869d1
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:17 pm

MW wrote:Tell that to the NSW people who will likely be in lockdown for months because they didnt do it sooner

mots02 wrote:Like NSW did?

NSW is a different case.
They lost control of their contact tracing. That's when it should have been lockdown for them. Instead they stayed with mild restrictions.

This is not a one size fits all approach to the virus. Just cause I question the need for a lockdown here, doesn't mean others shouldn't have pulled the trigger sooner.

Doing nothing doesn't work, equally jumping straight to level 10 is overkill. There needs to be a proportionate, measured approach.

We never had a case that we couldn't explain where it came from.
As soon as the initial cluster was identified, and people were placed in directed quarantine, we never had a case from outside the bubble.

Our contact tracing in SA is world class. I have faith in that system. Let them do their job.

Sure, if it gets beyond them and unknown source cases emerge, then go to a lockdown, but to simply jump straight to lockdown shows a lack of respect to our world class contact tracing team.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 793 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:21 pm

The Bedge wrote:I think sport will resume this weekend - why? A lot of us get caught up with our own senior competitions and forget about the kids. SANFL Juniors only has a month left of games (+finals for the higher age groups), i'm sure other winter sports are similar.

This is the demographic we really want and need playing sport still, and some dont play a summer sport, so think SA Gov would be eager to get these kids back out there to enjoy what's left of their season sooner rather than later.

Cant share your optimism at this point. Obviously if they were comfortable about it coming back they wouldn't need to make an announcement tomorrow.

Also think it slightly goes against the governments approach of being extremely cautious.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm

whufc wrote:Cant share your optimism at this point. Obviously if they were comfortable about it coming back they wouldn't need to make an announcement tomorrow.

Also think it slightly goes against the governments approach of being extremely cautious.

The fact they haven't made a decision as of today makes me more optimistic.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby mots02 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Trader wrote:
MW wrote:Tell that to the NSW people who will likely be in lockdown for months because they didnt do it sooner

NSW is a different case.
They lost control of their contact tracing. That's when it should have been lockdown for them. Instead they stayed with mild restrictions.

This is not a one size fits all approach to the virus. Just cause I question the need for a lockdown here, doesn't mean others shouldn't have pulled the trigger sooner.

Doing nothing doesn't work, equally jumping straight to level 10 is overkill. There needs to be a proportionate, measured approach.

As soon as the initial cluster was identified, and people were placed in directed quarantine, we never had a case from outside the bubble.

Our contact tracing in SA is world class. I have faith in that system. Let them do their job.

Sure, if it gets beyond them and unknown source cases emerge, then go to a lockdown, but to simply jump straight to lockdown shows a lack of respect to our world class contact tracing team.

Which by this time its too late. The virus is out and the virus is spreading.

You can argue that our cautious leaders are too quick to jump to Level 10 but you can't argue that we have seemingly (touch wood), again, come out of this much better due to their quick reactions.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 845 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:28 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:I finally have found video vision of the horse supposedly being punched by a protester in Sydney some sites will not show it.

I think Daisies assessment on the media is quite correct scum media as per usual they sensationalise a story.

From what i can see in this vid the mans hand was in a formed fist but his left arm was fully extended and looks like he was fending off the horses head i cannot see where he has actually taken a swing at the horse.

Any way my two bobs worth may be it should be referred to the AFL VCR Panel for adjudication. :)

Was that straight from the horse's mouth?

BTW, if you think that was in any way fending off the horse then you've clearly taken Dorothy from room 46's meds and not yours.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4336 times
Been liked: 7884 times

Postby whufc » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Cant share your optimism at this point. Obviously if they were comfortable about it coming back they wouldn't need to make an announcement tomorrow.

If they have to consider it more than gyms you are in trouble :D :D
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:

Gadj made a very interesting point in the ammo thread.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby RB » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:31 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:I finally have found video vision of the horse supposedly being punched by a protester in Sydney some sites will not show it.

:D
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:37 pm

mots02 wrote:
Trader wrote:

NSW is a different case.

Which by this time its too late. The virus is out and the virus is spreading.

You can argue that our cautious leaders are too quick to jump to Level 10 but you can't argue that we have seemingly (touch wood), again, come out of this much better due to their quick reactions.

NSW waited 4 weeks, and to be honest after 6 weeks they still don't have a full lockdown.
We jumped after 1 day.

I'm saying there is a middle ground.

Jumping to stage 4 on Monday was fine, that was decisive, quick action that allowed the contact tracing to ensure everyone that needed to be in directed quarantine was.
A seven day lockdown (which they've sneakily extended to 8 evenings - we started at 6pm but don't get out til midnight) was an added layer of protection that didn't stop the spread, as there weren't any cases beyond directed quarantine.

Yes, we have come out of our modbury cluster better than NSW has handled their outbreak, but I am arguing that our great results are 100% as a result of our contact tracing and directed quarantine, not the lockdown.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 793 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Gadj made a very interesting point in the ammo thread.

Premier of NSW posts in here?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:54 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

BTW, if you think that was in any way fending off the horse then you've clearly taken Dorothy from room 46's meds and not yours.

I suggest you put your glasses on have another look at the video and prove to me he has taken a swing.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby DOC » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:56 pm

Scum media? You are quoting and linking them.

Even though you never read, watch or listen to MSM.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:00 pm

amber_fluid wrote:We need differing opinions by different posters otherwise it’s as boring as bat shit on here.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I'm all for differing opinions on subjective matters, it's part of learning and living. Arguing against facts is another matter, the worst part of conspiracy theorists ( for want of a better term here ) is they can't substantiate a counter argument with fact, its all Facebook, Youtube and anytime you offer them facts it's fake or formulated to appease the masses. It's a cop out from actually providing evidence, fact based evidence, the contrary. It's easy being a conspiracy theorist because you just call everything bullshit and it suits your narrative. Don't have to be very smart to do that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:03 pm

So non-essential retail will be able to reopen after the lockdown ends?

Businesses will be limited to one person per four square metres, and eating and drinking will only be permitted while people are seated.

Shisha, singing and dancing will continue to be banned.

Masks will be required in high-risk settings such as personal services, public transport and healthcare.

Household gatherings will be limited to 10 people and only 50 people will be able to attend weddings and funerals.

Gyms can reopen but will be limited to one person per eight square metres.

School will resume on Wednesday.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-26/ ... /100323024
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:07 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I suggest you put your glasses on have another look at the video and prove to me he has taken a swing.

OK fella, I gave in and watched. Yes, it had a different level of force on it to what I had previously seen, very stupid though, a closed fist to the face of a police horse, he needs so time away IMO.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:31 pm

Wonder how these blokes would feel if I "fended off" their Mum, wife or daughter?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7450 times
Been liked: 10717 times

Postby MW » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:33 pm

Booney wrote:Wonder how these blokes would feel if I "fended off" their Mum, wife or daughter?

Something tells me a lot of these guys have probably committed the fending off to those people already
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2567 times
Been liked: 1811 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:37 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Was that straight from the horse's mouth?

I just want to say Apache wasn't Scooters advocate following the 1990 Foundation Cup final

but he's using the same play book.....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion