COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby gadj1976 » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:02 pm

The Bedge wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Maybe the AdFL can just go similar to the old AFL McIntyre 8 system when we return but extend to 10 sides.

1v10
2v9
3v8
4v7
5v6

That may be the dumbest thing I've seen on here. And that's saying something.

:lol: lol I was being facetious.. even if I was half serious, trying to actually make a 10 team finals series work within 4 weeks would be impossible.

Sorry Bedge, I didn't realise - there was no smiley face ;-)
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Fools Gold » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:15 am

So if the season does get pushed back 2 weeks, that would mean grand finals are played on the AFL grand final Saturday too. Surely the league wouldn’t want that?
Fools Gold

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 20 times
Grassroots Team: Solomontown

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:32 am

Fools Gold wrote:So if the season does get pushed back 2 weeks, that would mean grand finals are played on the AFL grand final Saturday too. Surely the league wouldn’t want that?

I wouldn't even try to guess what they will do just yet, I'm sure they devised Plan's B through to E and nothing can be set in concrete with the changes that can occur in an instance from SA Health.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Executive Member » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:39 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Fools Gold wrote:So if the season does get pushed back 2 weeks, that would mean grand finals are played on the AFL grand final Saturday too. Surely the league wouldn’t want that?

I wouldn't even try to guess what they will do just yet, I'm sure they devised Plan's B through to E and nothing can be set in concrete with the changes that can occur in an instance from SA Health.

I can confirm there are plans all the way to Z
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby the smokey » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

It wouldnt at surprise me if footy isnt allowed to be played for 2-3 weeks. At that stage why not just play out the minor rd, have the top 2 go up and play off in the GF and then the bottom 2 go down!
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:00 pm

the smokey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

It wouldnt at surprise me if footy isnt allowed to be played for 2-3 weeks. At that stage why not just play out the minor rd, have the top 2 go up and play off in the GF and then the bottom 2 go down!

I'm sure a few in div wouldn't be for that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:19 pm

the smokey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Going by what Marshall has just announced I think you'll be all be back training Thursday and playing on Saturday
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 pm

heater31 wrote:
the smokey wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Going by what Marshall has just announced I think you'll be all be back training Thursday and playing on Saturday

That could hurt teams out our way (Golden Grove, TTG, Modbury, Houghton, Pooraka, Ingle Farm, Para Hills etc) if players are in quarantine still. I think we'll have another week off (games) for a return the week after. After that time, surely they'd have to look at a top 3 finals series?
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:00 pm

gadj1976 wrote:
That could hurt teams out our way (Golden Grove, TTG, Modbury, Houghton, Pooraka, Ingle Farm, Para Hills etc) if players are in quarantine still. I think we'll have another week off (games) for a return the week after. After that time, surely they'd have to look at a top 3 finals series?

Shit yeah, I didn't think of that.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby davideyy71 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:02 pm

gadj1976 wrote: That could hurt teams out our way (Golden Grove, TTG, Modbury, Houghton, Pooraka, Ingle Farm, Para Hills etc) if players are in quarantine still. I think we'll have another week off (games) for a return the week after. After that time, surely they'd have to look at a top 3 finals series?

we've had players in and out of quarantine all year. in the spirit of amateur / community sport I don't see how playing this week would be any different.

If reduced finals series - rather than top 3, make it top 4? 1v4 2v3 gives an extra team a chance.
davideyy71
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Sass! » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:04 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Yep, fair shout. We would be stretched with maybe a dozen or so of our players (that im aware of) having to quarantine for the 14 days as well as some of our Committee and Support Staff (head trainer for one). Would definitely stretch us from both a volunteer perspective and we'd also probably be close to forfeiting our D Grade.

No easy call for the league though as they often have to cater to the majority and not the minority.
Sass!
Under 16s

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 47 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:31 pm

Sass! wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:

Yep, fair shout. We would be stretched with maybe a dozen or so of our players (that im aware of) having to quarantine for the 14 days as well as some of our Committee and Support Staff (head trainer for one). Would definitely stretch us from both a volunteer perspective and we'd also probably be close to forfeiting our D Grade.

No easy call for the league though as they often have to cater to the majority and not the minority.

The numbers in the Eastern clubs are very dense and that's where the centre of the iso's are atm.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:40 pm

am hearing therell be hubs and players will be bunking at scout halls for 2 weeks so they can play
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 276 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Sass! wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:That could hurt teams out our way (Golden Grove, TTG, Modbury, Houghton, Pooraka, Ingle Farm, Para Hills etc) if players are in quarantine still. I think we'll have another week off (games) for a return the week after. After that time, surely they'd have to look at a top 3 finals series?

The numbers in the Eastern clubs are very dense and that's where the centre of the iso's are atm.

I was going to ask the question after reading Gadj's post and Sass sort of answered it, do other posters on here have members of their clubs currently in quarantine? I initially assumed Modbury might have some.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10340 times
Been liked: 1520 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:37 pm

davideyy71 wrote:
gadj1976 wrote: That could hurt teams out our way (Golden Grove, TTG, Modbury, Houghton, Pooraka, Ingle Farm, Para Hills etc) if players are in quarantine still. I think we'll have another week off (games) for a return the week after. After that time, surely they'd have to look at a top 3 finals series?

we've had players in and out of quarantine all year. in the spirit of amateur / community sport I don't see how playing this week would be any different.

If reduced finals series - rather than top 3, make it top 4? 1v4 2v3 gives an extra team a chance.

Umm, cos it's been a lockdown?
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm

I don’t think that should make a difference, injures and sickness are part of every club’s issue throughout a season
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:06 pm

Brodlach wrote:I don’t think that should make a difference, injures and sickness are part of every club’s issue throughout a season

These people aren't ill, they have "stay at home" orders because they were in the wrong spot at the wrong time, the individual's shouldn't be disadvantaged too.

I have at least 150 people that I know of that are in government enforced isolation just from going about doing their normal regime, and that is just my circle that I'm aware of.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby scottroo » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:29 pm

If we are holding up the season because of a club having guys in quarantine we will never finish the season

If we are given the green light to play this week, we will play
scottroo
League - Best 21

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 172 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby gadj1976 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:39 pm

scottroo wrote:If we are holding up the season because of a club having guys in quarantine we will never finish the season

If we are given the green light to play this week, we will play

Ripper. At this rate I could get a game with the A's!
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 pm

If they were going to rule out sport being played this weekend they would have pulled the trigger today, Id say its on
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League