Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby tigerpie » Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:27 pm

Kahuna wrote:
daysofourlives wrote: Selfish pricks

Are you seriously trying to grab the moral high ground with this?

Stooping to an all time low.
We know who the selfish pricks are.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 497 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:03 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Kahuna wrote:

Are you all that blind that you can only see one thing, that is the absolute definition of selfish pricks.
Lockdowns dont work and they cause more harm than good, open your eyes.

The fact that you chose that to highlight confirms for me how selfish you all are, not one comment on the bigger issue here of suicide that lockdowns cause, nor the cover up of all these other deaths by the government, yet to see a daily suicide count broadcast at 11 am each morning. That should be more concerning to you than a count of cases of a runny nose, half of which people didnt know they had until they got a questionable test.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2414 times
Been liked: 1655 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby DOC » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:10 pm

SkyNews given a 7 day ban from YouTube for persistent Covid misinformation.

Alan Jones has been sacked as a columnist from the Daily Telegraph for persistent Covid misinformation and personal abuse directed at the NSW Chief Health Officer.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 720 times
Been liked: 2071 times

Postby DOC » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:18 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Kahuna wrote:

Are you all that blind that you can only see one thing, that is the absolute definition of selfish pricks.

The fact that you chose that to highlight confirms for me how selfish you all are, not one comment on the bigger issue here of suicide that lockdowns cause, nor the cover up of all these other deaths by the government, yet to see a daily suicide count broadcast at 11 am each morning. That should be more concerning to you than a count of cases of a runny nose, half of which people didnt know they had until they got a questionable test.

I probably won't argue over anyone's suicide.

What I will say is that you are of course inferring the word "after" in the headline as akin to "because" of.

The use of the word after indicates a timeline of events and not a cause.

Unless of course you have access to any communication that he left.
DOC
Coach

Postby tipper » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
Kahuna wrote:

**** off. You dont give a shit about suicide.

Suicide has been a major problem for decades, particularly amongst certain groups. Farmers, law enforcement etc, and you've never posted about it being a problem before.

Dont try to latch onto it now jusr because it aligns with your conspiracy bullshit

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby RB » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:39 pm

50 in ICU in NSW currently. Half on ventilators.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 758 times
Been liked: 1068 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:50 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Brummer.jpg
All happy with this are we? its ok because the government shut down the whole state and kept you all safe.
How bout we add up all these other deaths that are caused by the lockdown. Covid wont even come close to the rest of deaths. Perhaps pull your masks up over your eyes so you cant see whats going on. Selfish pricks

RIP Dieter Brummer i am really saddened to hear now that he took his own life. :(

When i read about his death 3 or 4 days ago my first gut instinct after reading the article was i hope it was not suicide.

Unfortunately its a silent epidemic and the after effects touches every one in society for some reason suicide is a taboo topic .

Approx 8 people every day in Australia commit suicide thats around 3,000 poor lost souls every year

The interesting thing is i was at a party Saturday night and spoke to a friend in the police force and in general conversation we were discussing the Virus and effects of it on society he did say to me there has been a rise of suicides due to possibly the Corona Virus/ Covid 19.

He said officers have been attending to more and more incidents of suicide he mentioned the young motor cyclists who hit a Semi head on at 150 kmph was suicide and various other vehicle accidents.

Really really sad . :(
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby am Bays » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:05 pm

Daisy, given youre stickler for consistency I’m sure you wouldn’t any of the over 3000 suicides last year attributed to Covid just like you don’t want any if the deaths attributed to Covid by those with other comorbidities.

Given the four major predictors of self harm/suicide in Western societies are:
1 prior attempts
2 AOD dependencies
3 relative economic stress
4. Relative social isolation

Now I know some who will cling to the “relative social isolation” and link it to lockdowns but we’ve been told we can still mix in our close family groups and we are encouraged to exercise (poor persons Prozac) with a least one other so that argument won’t work. Relative social isolation refers to relation ship breakdowns, long term social isolation on the background of anxiety related disorders and your own sense of worth that makes social relationships problematic.

Now I’m not going to deny this pandemic isn’t causing distress and effecting peoples mental health as it is a time of great stress and anxiety.

However this was all happening pre Covid too, trust me based on the number of critical health incident reports I’ve read over that last 15 years.

In a nutshell don’t link suicide to Covid yet, not until all the data is in.

Finally if anything I’ve written causes you stress or causes your mental state to deteriorate please call lifeline, Beyond Blue or or ther like organisations
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 161 times
Been liked: 1802 times

Postby whufc » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:15 pm

I see the media has turned its attention to the stat that we have only had 16 cases of the flu this winter so far compared to tens of thousands by now

Don’t want to know about others but I don’t want to bloody hear it, didn’t change the way we completely live to try and completely exterminate the common flu, the media’s not pulling that one on me
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:59 pm

DOC wrote:SkyNews given a 7 day ban from YouTube for persistent Covid misinformation.

Alan Jones has been sacked as a columnist from the Daily Telegraph for persistent Covid misinformation and personal abuse directed at the NSW Chief Health Officer.

And this doesnt ring alarm bells for any of you, what do you think a communist country looks like??
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:04 pm

North Korea, Cuba.

I get your point though.

If it wasn't for the different language you couldn't tell us apart.
DOC
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:05 pm

The fact that you chose that to highlight confirms for me how selfish you all are, not one comment on the bigger issue here of suicide that lockdowns cause, nor the cover up of all these other deaths by the government, yet to see a daily suicide count broadcast at 11 am each morning. That should be more concerning to you than a count of cases of a runny nose, half of which people didnt know they had until they got a questionable test.[/quote]

I probably won't argue over anyone's suicide.

What I will say is that you are of course inferring the word "after" in the headline as akin to "because" of.

The use of the word after indicates a timeline of events and not a cause.

Unless of course you have access to any communication that he left.[/quote]

ok apply the same logic to deaths "with" covid and "because" of covid, good to see you can finally seperate the wheat from the chaff in the figures

There was some posts that were left on his facebook apparently but i havent seen them.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:10 pm

am Bays wrote:Daisy, given youre stickler for consistency I’m sure you wouldn’t any of the over 3000 suicides last year attributed to Covid just like you don’t want any if the deaths attributed to Covid by those with other comorbidities.

Given the four major predictors of self harm/suicide in Western societies are:
1 prior attempts
2 AOD dependencies
3 relative economic stress
4. Relative social isolation

Now I know some who will cling to the “relative social isolation” and link it to lockdowns but we’ve been told we can still mix in our close family groups and we are encouraged to exercise (poor persons Prozac) with a least one other so that argument won’t work. Relative social isolation refers to relation ship breakdowns, long term social isolation on the background of anxiety related disorders and your own sense of worth that makes social relationships problematic.

Now I’m not going to deny this pandemic isn’t causing distress and effecting peoples mental health as it is a time of great stress and anxiety.

However this was all happening pre Covid too, trust me based on the number of critical health incident reports I’ve read over that last 15 years.

In a nutshell don’t link suicide to Covid yet, not until all the data is in.

Finally if anything I’ve written causes you stress or causes your mental state to deteriorate please call lifeline, Beyond Blue or or ther like organisations

You dont think there is economic stress caused by covid? i would think thats the major cause at play here, we have been lucky here in SA with the lockdowns not going on for months but there is tstill small businesses going to the wall with the short lockdowns. Vic and NSW are not so lucky and now they have hit construction thats an enormous amount of sub contractors, contractors, self employed and casual workforce that is getting no income. How far do you think $600 goes in Sydney, hardly covers rent i would imagine.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:42 pm

whufc wrote:I see the media has turned its attention to the stat that we have only had 16 cases of the flu this winter so far compared to tens of thousands by now

Don’t want to know about others but I don’t want to bloody hear it, didn’t change the way we completely live to try and completely exterminate the common flu, the media’s not pulling that one on me

Amazing what happens when you control International travel and that’s not really any shock is it?
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 734 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Apachebulldog » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:13 pm

Some lovely quotes by Plato most appropriate for the strange times we are all experiencing .

Enjoy and ponder

"Those who tell the stories rule societies ".

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth ".

"Courage is knowing what not to fear".
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:57 pm

Apachebulldog wrote:Some lovely quotes by Plato most appropriate for the strange times we are all experiencing .

Enjoy and ponder

How about .... "wise men speak because they have something to say, fools because they have to say something"
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:02 am

False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.”

Or “It’s better to keep your mouth shut so people think your an idiot than open it and prove it….”
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby mots02 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:04 am

Apachebulldog wrote:Some lovely quotes by Plato most appropriate for the strange times we are all experiencing .

Enjoy and ponder

"Stupid is as stupid does" - Gump 1994
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 845 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:10 am

I'm still flat that there was no community sport over the weekend, particularly given only 3 locally acquired cases over the past week.

I'll be more devo if they decide to gradually ease off restrictions from tomorrow.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3976 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:59 am

daysofourlives wrote:
am Bays wrote:

You dont think there is economic stress caused by covid? i would think thats the major cause at play here, we have been lucky here in SA with the lockdowns not going on for months but there is tstill small businesses going to the wall with the short lockdowns. Vic and NSW are not so lucky and now they have hit construction thats an enormous amount of sub contractors, contractors, self employed and casual workforce that is getting no income. How far do you think $600 goes in Sydney, hardly covers rent i would imagine.

As I said, I dont deny that this is time of great stress and hardship for the country as a whole and that this may be the "straw that breaks the camels back" for some people with underlying mental health issues.

However attributing those deaths to this virus is the same as contributing Covid to the deaths of all those with other comorbidities as you claimed needs to be cautioned agaisnt.

Which way do you want it?
am Bays
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion