Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10753 times

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:04 pm

Yankalilla bakery

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:04 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Yankalilla bakery

I reckon the best bakery I’ve been too.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby mighty hounds » Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:47 pm

Yep good call. Big fan of their Hazelnut Slice.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:01 pm

mighty hounds wrote:

Yep good call. Big fan of their Hazelnut Slice.

Did you see the new edition to the Port Elliot bakery.
Milo Kit Kat donut
974C3B6B-E7A0-4516-A5F3-DFFA7DAE426D.jpeg
974C3B6B-E7A0-4516-A5F3-DFFA7DAE426D.jpeg (87.13 KiB) Viewed 1450 times
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby DOC » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:24 am

1965 Yep. Lightening Mcqueen you may like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0xJpi9rK8
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby MatteeG » Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:31 am

Agree- love dropping in after a round at Lady Bay (or Wirrina in the olden days)
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:40 am

An absolute must visit when back in SA.

A colleague up here from the fleurieu and I share photos if what we’ve brought to annoy each other.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:56 am

DOC wrote:1965 Yep. Lightening Mcqueen you may like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E0xJpi9rK8

Always fond of a good xylophonist.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:09 pm

The Kirks sugar free cans.

Their Raspberry and Lemonade range are the bomb and now they have a Sugar Free Pasito, it is the bomb.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:43 pm

All these people (and the hundreds of others ) who make football clubs what they are. Well done.

Volunteer of the Year Finalists:
Craig Harley
Central District zone
Central United Football Club
Years of service – 45
Types of service – former A grade coach, B grade coach, chairman, secretary, football director, barman, cleaner, BBQ cook and now the Auskick coordinator.

Words from nominator: “Craig has led this club back to a thriving club, winning games, financial and starting to get juniors in the area playing again with the Auskick he runs. He has done every job there is to do at a local football club, all as a volunteer. His family have also been involved over the last 50 years. Craig Harley deserves recognition for his efforts.”

Steph Contin
Glenelg zone
North Gambier Football Club
Years of service- 5+
Types of service – current Committee member, League delegate, Women’s Footballer & Coach, Auskick Coordinator.

Words from nominator: “Steph has many roles, both at her home club of North Gambier as a valuable committee member and in delegate and executive roles across three leagues: Western Border FL, Western Border Junior FL and the Limestone Coast Women’s League. Best described as an organisational powerhouse, Steph is currently our secretary and ensures that administrative requirements such as player registrations, transfers, COVID-19 guidelines, game day coordination, apparel designs and orders, washing of guernseys, creation of volunteer rosters and any and all other tasks are completed. Steph is the go-to person for any and all issues, she is critical to the success off North Gambier’s senior men’s, juniors and women’s football teams.”

Danny McNamara
North Adelaide zone
Fitzroy Community Club
Years of service – 50+
Types of service – committee member, secretary, junior football president, Auskick coordinator, umpire & works committee member

Words from nominator: “Danny McNamara is the doyen of Fitzroy…As his playing days came to an end, Danny joined the club’s steering committee and acted as secretary for many more years to come. He was instrumental in the push to find new facilities, as Brampton merged with four other clubs throughout the 1980s to form the Fitzroy Community Club in 1987. From 1993 to 2009, Danny volunteered to coach many of Fitzroy’s junior teams, serving on the junior committee throughout and taking on the role of Fitzroy Junior Football Club President in 2017. He has been the Auskick coordinator for as long as anyone can remember. Danny is always the first to the ground for training and game days, painting lines, setting up goals and pumping up footballs. He takes the time to get to know junior footballers and their parents, ensuring that our youngsters are getting the best opportunity to succeed.Danny McNamara is renowned in our local community for his dedication, generosity and friendliness.”

Felicity Chinnery
Norwood zone
Kimba Districts Football Club
Years of service – 8+
Types of service – Junior football secretary, Junior Football safety officer, football rep on committee.

Words from Nominator: “Felicity has been a big part of KDFC for a number of years. Her support and work ethic towards junior football at our club has been outstanding. From organising weekly junior football job rosters to developing our junior safety policy, Felicity has contributed significantly to junior football at KDFC over many years. Felicity also takes time out of her busy Saturdays to take photos of the day’s play and posts on our Facebook page…her involvement has been admirable. You won’t find a more committed parent or club volunteer.”

Gordon Thomson
South zone
O’Sullivan Beach Lonsdale Football club
Years of service – 35+
Types of service – current vice president & sponsorship coordinator, past president, fundraising and sponsorship, cooking meals.

Words from Nominator: “If there are volunteers needed it would be unusual not to see ‘GT’ there, from making sure everything is set up on Saturdays, manning the BBQ on game day/training nights, making Thursday night meals, match day co-ordinator, sponsorship recruitment, mail collection, fundraising events, working bees, down to making sure the bins go out on bin day and taking the cans in to the collection centre. If something needs fixing or modifying you’ll usually find that GT has either organised someone to do it or he has found a solution to get it solved. It’s people like GT that keep small clubs like O’Sullivan Beach Lonsdale going.”

Shane Snell
Sturt zone
River Murray Football League/ Imperial Football Club
Years of service – 25+
Types of service – media and livestreaming of games, website and digital marketing, committee member.

Words from Nominator: “Runs and organises our live feed and commentary of match day games every week in the RMFL. Spends 16 hours per week finding out information on each club to promote them weekly and then edits and posts highlights and replays from each weeks game. Instrumental in organising sponsors to build our commentary box (which he designed and had built). Shane is on the Executive Committee of RMFL and has helped write our by-laws and constitution, plus maintains our website which he set up and keeps up to date. Also updates our Facebook page several times a week. He was previously a player and past president of Imperial FC – a player of over 300 games and 25 years on the management committee.”

Steve Dirksen
West Adelaide zone
Flinders Park Football Club
Years of service – 15
Types of service – Junior committee member and club registrations, team manager for junior teams and former zone rep for Auskick and Mini League.

Words from Nominator: “Steve joined the committee in 2020 and immediately took on the role of registrar which is one of the busiest roles in a junior football club. Steve has trained all of our team managers and up until a few weeks ago was also in a team manager role for our under 11 team. Steve has a real ‘can do’ attitude and has been an excellent contact point for all new and returning members at Flinders Park. Prior to joining Flinders Park, Steve had been involved with volunteering in the Auskick and Mini League at another SANFL club zone for more than 10 years. His longevity in the junior development makes him a worthy and popular nomination.”

Mark Murphy
Woodville-West Torrens zone
South Clare Sports Club
Years of service – 35

Types of service – Trainer for the entirety of his 35 years, water carrier, former vice president, cleaner and safety.

Words from Nominator: “Mark is usually the first one to arrive at the ground on Saturdays and one of the last to leave when the boys have finished in the change room. He is viewed a great mentor and advocate for all things South Clare. He is highly respected across the league and particularly at South Clare. He leads by example and carries himself with integrity. The amount of hours he has put in the club is not short of incredible. I am sure every club has a ‘Mark’, but it would be great to formally recognise him for his contributions on and off the field.”
DOC
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:47 pm

The pasty plate from Yankalilla bakery that was tonight's dinner...
Delish

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby DOC » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:48 pm

Was?
DOC
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:50 pm

DOC wrote:Was?
Yep, dinner done and dusted tonight
Half left for tomorrow

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:43 pm

Peter Bol. Inspirational.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1273 times
Been liked: 3459 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:30 am

The evolution of sibling rivalry.

It's not much but it's great to see when your kids are old enough to appreciate each other for who they are and want to help each other voluntarily not the good ole "Do it yourself".

Last night my lads training went for an hour longer than it was meant to, I was cooking a surf'n'turf for him and my daughter, she tells me that I may as well get dinner started and she'll go pick him up.

They get home and he pours them both a drink without even asking if she wants one, he puts salt and pepper on her steamed vegies because he knows that's what she'd want.

After dinner she grabs both of their plates and rinses them off after she forfeited the last bit of her steak and a couple of prawns to go with and then grabs him a magnum out of the freezer while she grabs herself a cherry ripe ice cream.

It's f*** all but it's bloody nice after intervening for many years over petty little whinges at each other and nit-picking, it takes me back to when my brother and I finally got a long, he was an absolute c*** to me for my entire childhood until I had enough and flipped out one day..............at a bowling club on a family day mind you :lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:24 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The evolution of sibling rivalry.

It's not much but it's great to see when your kids are old enough to appreciate each other for who they are and want to help each other voluntarily not the good ole "Do it yourself".

Last night my lads training went for an hour longer than it was meant to, I was cooking a surf'n'turf for him and my daughter, she tells me that I may as well get dinner started and she'll go pick him up.

They get home and he pours them both a drink without even asking if she wants one, he puts salt and pepper on her steamed vegies because he knows that's what she'd want.

After dinner she grabs both of their plates and rinses them off after she forfeited the last bit of her steak and a couple of prawns to go with and then grabs him a magnum out of the freezer while she grabs herself a cherry ripe ice cream.

It's f*** all but it's bloody nice after intervening for many years over petty little whinges at each other and nit-picking, it takes me back to when my brother and I finally got a long, he was an absolute c*** to me for my entire childhood until I had enough and flipped out one day..............at a bowling club on a family day mind you :lol: :lol:

Good stuff mate.
You’ve mastered this parenting thing.
Can you come to my joint and sort out my son and daughter as well?
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:32 am

amber_fluid wrote:

Good stuff mate.
You’ve mastered this parenting thing.
Can you come to my joint and sort out my son and daughter as well?

Ha, I don't know that we ever master parenting, I don't argue with my kids or people in general at all, I point out the difference in opinions and move on.

It used to shit me to tears hearing the kids argue, I'd move one to other end of the house and they weren't allowed to cross the border unless they were doing something nice for other one.

I still get the odd phone call or text where one is upset about the other, I just tell them because they are so close that the smallest issues hurt a bit more, I don't take sides or tell the other one off, I simply listen without prejudice.

What are the ages of your kids?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:37 am

We are at that akward stage with a 12 & 10 year old.

They have grown up to be inseparable especially being the glue of a spit family. Recently though miss 12 has become a lady and also started high school meaning they no longer at the same school.

Miss 12 going on 21 has changed her attitude completely and has developed a strong friendship group that doesn't include miss 10.Sadly Miss 10 is one of the sweetest, kind hearted kids you will ever meet and is really struggling to understand why the sistership isn't as close as it once was. Both myself and the mum have tried to explain but not sure she really gets it...…..almost a real life 'Frozen' scenario. Also spoken to miss 12 about how miss 10 is feeling but yeah that's going down like a led balloon.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:42 am

So you're telling me there's hope! :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion