Things that you rate!

Anything!

Re: Things that you rate!

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:47 am

whufc wrote:Miss 12 going on 21 has changed her attitude completely .

Our two girls are 10 and think they're adults.. the eldest is 18 so that prob doesn't help coz they try to be like her.. and they straight out irritate me.

Found myself cringing a lot and thinking back to those girls in primary school / early high school that I absolutely loathed because of the way they talked/acted.. it's exactly what our girls are like now.. Real stuck up/bitchy like :lol:

Jnr Bedge is 4 and he's going through a bit of a feral stage where he likes to push buttons and test the limits (does it incredibly well), and all you hear is the girls constantly screaming at him like banshees coz he's annoying the life out of them.

I cant wait for the quieter days to return :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:57 am

The Bedge wrote:
Jnr Bedge is 4 and he's going through a bit of a feral stage where he likes to push buttons and test the limits (does it incredibly well),

Wonder where he gets that from... :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:30 pm

whufc wrote:We are at that akward stage with a 12 & 10 year old.

They have grown up to be inseparable especially being the glue of a spit family. Recently though miss 12 has become a lady and also started high school meaning they no longer at the same school.

Miss 12 going on 21 has changed her attitude completely and has developed a strong friendship group that doesn't include miss 10.Sadly Miss 10 is one of the sweetest, kind hearted kids you will ever meet and is really struggling to understand why the sistership isn't as close as it once was. Both myself and the mum have tried to explain but not sure she really gets it...…..almost a real life 'Frozen' scenario. Also spoken to miss 12 about how miss 10 is feeling but yeah that's going down like a led balloon.

Not much you can do there besides do more one on one things that Miss 10 would appreciate, Miss 12 will be wanting sleepovers and shopping trips with friends as she develops her own independence on social status, the gap will close when they are 14 & 16 and chat on a more equal level as they start sharing clothes, your girls although are only 2 years apart in age they are probably closer to 5 or 6 years apart in mind, it will be like a piece of elastic that will eventually recluse back to almost nothing.

There's no right or wrong solution, let your girls develop their own personalities and take the opportunity have that alone time with the other when it arises.

My kids tell me everything, even when they know I'm not going to like it, I can't help them if they aren't honest and they're aware of that.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:31 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:The evolution of sibling rivalry.

It's not much but it's great to see when your kids are old enough to appreciate each other for who they are and want to help each other voluntarily not the good ole "Do it yourself".

Last night my lads training went for an hour longer than it was meant to, I was cooking a surf'n'turf for him and my daughter, she tells me that I may as well get dinner started and she'll go pick him up.

They get home and he pours them both a drink without even asking if she wants one, he puts salt and pepper on her steamed vegies because he knows that's what she'd want.

After dinner she grabs both of their plates and rinses them off after she forfeited the last bit of her steak and a couple of prawns to go with and then grabs him a magnum out of the freezer while she grabs herself a cherry ripe ice cream.

It's f*** all but it's bloody nice after intervening for many years over petty little whinges at each other and nit-picking, it takes me back to when my brother and I finally got a long, he was an absolute c*** to me for my entire childhood until I had enough and flipped out one day..............at a bowling club on a family day mind you :lol: :lol:

So you're telling me there's hope! :lol:

Absolutely.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:39 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:Miss 12 going on 21 has changed her attitude completely .

Our two girls are 10 and think they're adults.. the eldest is 18 so that prob doesn't help coz they try to be like her.. and they straight out irritate me.

Found myself cringing a lot and thinking back to those girls in primary school / early high school that I absolutely loathed because of the way they talked/acted.. it's exactly what our girls are like now.. Real stuck up/bitchy like :lol:

Jnr Bedge is 4 and he's going through a bit of a feral stage where he likes to push buttons and test the limits (does it incredibly well), and all you hear is the girls constantly screaming at him like banshees coz he's annoying the life out of them.

I cant wait for the quieter days to return :lol:

Jnr Bedge's behaviour would stem from a couple of issues IMO.

1: Apples and trees, seriously, what hope did he have as soon as he came out of the chute? ;)
2: Now he's a little older and the girls are that bit older too he has lost his cuteness to them, I'm sure they dote on him at times when it suits them but could pretend he's not there at the drop of a hat too, the lad just wants to be a part of something and he's probably gone from being the centre of attention to just being part of the team.

It's bloody hard when there's larger age gaps.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:20 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Good stuff mate.
You’ve mastered this parenting thing.
Can you come to my joint and sort out my son and daughter as well?

Ha, I don't know that we ever master parenting, I don't argue with my kids or people in general at all, I point out the difference in opinions and move on.

It used to shit me to tears hearing the kids argue, I'd move one to other end of the house and they weren't allowed to cross the border unless they were doing something nice for other one.

I still get the odd phone call or text where one is upset about the other, I just tell them because they are so close that the smallest issues hurt a bit more, I don't take sides or tell the other one off, I simply listen without prejudice.

What are the ages of your kids?

Daughter is 13 and son is 10.
I’m like you as I tend not to argue and definitely pick my battles here.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:25 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:2: Now he's a little older and the girls are that bit older too he has lost his cuteness to them, I'm sure they dote on him at times when it suits them but could pretend he's not there at the drop of a hat too, the lad just wants to be a part of something and he's probably gone from being the centre of attention to just being part of the team. .

Nailed it.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:33 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Good stuff mate.

Ha, I don't know that we ever master parenting, I don't argue with my kids or people in general at all, I point out the difference in opinions and move on.

It used to shit me to tears hearing the kids argue, I'd move one to other end of the house and they weren't allowed to cross the border unless they were doing something nice for other one.

I still get the odd phone call or text where one is upset about the other, I just tell them because they are so close that the smallest issues hurt a bit more, I don't take sides or tell the other one off, I simply listen without prejudice.

Very similar age gap to mine, my daughter tended to mother the lad and he always got the shits on, probably had a lot to do with me being a single parent and she felt the need to take on the motherly-type role.

I often pointed out to her that she wasn't the parent and it's me that needed to point out his laziness and I had to explain to him that she was only looking out for him to make sure I didn't get mad.

Generally they are best friends, they go to the gym together everyday now, it's pleasing.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:51 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:We are at that akward stage with a 12 & 10 year old.

They have grown up to be inseparable especially being the glue of a spit family. Recently though miss 12 has become a lady and also started high school meaning they no longer at the same school.

Miss 12 going on 21 has changed her attitude completely and has developed a strong friendship group that doesn't include miss 10.Sadly Miss 10 is one of the sweetest, kind hearted kids you will ever meet and is really struggling to understand why the sistership isn't as close as it once was. Both myself and the mum have tried to explain but not sure she really gets it...…..almost a real life 'Frozen' scenario. Also spoken to miss 12 about how miss 10 is feeling but yeah that's going down like a led balloon.

Not much you can do there besides do more one on one things that Miss 10 would appreciate, Miss 12 will be wanting sleepovers and shopping trips with friends as she develops her own independence on social status, the gap will close when they are 14 & 16 and chat on a more equal level as they start sharing clothes, your girls although are only 2 years apart in age they are probably closer to 5 or 6 years apart in mind, it will be like a piece of elastic that will eventually recluse back to almost nothing.

There's no right or wrong solution, let your girls develop their own personalities and take the opportunity have that alone time with the other when it arises.

My kids tell me everything, even when they know I'm not going to like it, I can't help them if they aren't honest and they're aware of that.

Yeah that's our plan.

Just heartbreaking seeing your daughters world change especially for reasons she is currently to young to understand fully.

Hopefully over the next few months we can convince miss 12 to be a little more considerate and at least take a little bit of time to talk and hang with miss 10. At the moment that is pretty much non existent miss 12 wants to be online with her friends 100% of the time. The tantrums when she cant be a horrendous, the old FOMO kicks in because all her other friends are doing it.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:07 pm

whufc wrote:
Yeah that's our plan.

Just heartbreaking seeing your daughters world change especially for reasons she is currently to young to understand fully.

Hopefully over the next few months we can convince miss 12 to be a little more considerate and at least take a little bit of time to talk and hang with miss 10. At the moment that is pretty much non existent miss 12 wants to be online with her friends 100% of the time. The tantrums when she cant be a horrendous, the old FOMO kicks in because all her other friends are doing it.

Don't bet on it, do cool stuff with Miss 10 and then Miss 12 will see she's missing out.

Not everything comes with a price tag either, even just playing Mario Carts together always brought the 3 of us together, we could all beat each other on certain tracks and it was "winner stays on" but we had to go through the worlds and select the next track in line.

It helped that they were both sporty so going down the nets for a couple of hours was cool and we had access to a bowling machine, we journeyed into the city every now and then just to look around or visit the museum or rode our bikes to Henley.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby DOC » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:31 pm

That's not only great advice LM but I gather a true reflection of you.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:37 pm

DOC wrote:That's not only great advice LM but I gather a true reflection of you.

He’s a big kid?
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:17 pm

DOC wrote:That's not only great advice LM but I gather a true reflection of you.

Cheers DOC, I guess I've made a lot of mistakes and had plenty of downtime to think about life and the curve balls it throws at you.

One thing I swear by is "No one wins an argument".
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:22 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Yeah that's our plan.

Don't bet on it, do cool stuff with Miss 10 and then Miss 12 will see she's missing out.

Not everything comes with a price tag either, even just playing Mario Carts together always brought the 3 of us together, we could all beat each other on certain tracks and it was "winner stays on" but we had to go through the worlds and select the next track in line.

It helped that they were both sporty so going down the nets for a couple of hours was cool and we had access to a bowling machine, we journeyed into the city every now and then just to look around or visit the museum or rode our bikes to Henley.

yeah that will be the plan.

TBH just being out with the entire day for morning to dusk whilst she does her horse stuff will make her the happiest kid on earth.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:24 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

He’s a big kid?

:lol: :lol:

I get that a lot, the wife was never much of a morning person, she always went off over stuff all so while she was yelling at me I'd bounce up and down on the same spot naked because surely no one can yell at someone while their willy is doing the Mexican wave.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:25 pm

whufc wrote:
yeah that will be the plan.

TBH just being out with the entire day for morning to dusk whilst she does her horse stuff will make her the happiest kid on earth.

Nice.

It just reminded me of @Booney for some reason....................something about riding on the horses?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby cracka » Thu Aug 05, 2021 3:45 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Good stuff mate.

My daughter is 22, we often clash on issues & both being pigheaded sometimes it doesn't end well. I am learning to let things go a bit better now so we don't have as many arguments. When she was about 3 she had a discussion/argument with the next door neighbour about what I can't remember. At the end of it he was laughing at her & said "gee I pity the man that ends up marrying you" quick as a flash she snapped straight back "well I pity the man that ends up marrying you"
My 20 year old son is as laid back as they come.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:05 pm

cracka wrote:My daughter is 22, we often clash on issues & both being pigheaded sometimes it doesn't end well. I am learning to let things go a bit better now so we don't have as many arguments. When she was about 3 she had a discussion/argument with the next door neighbour about what I can't remember. At the end of it he was laughing at her & said "gee I pity the man that ends up marrying you" quick as a flash she snapped straight back "well I pity the man that ends up marrying you"
My 20 year old son is as laid back as they come.

The teenage girl vs mum arguments are somewhat laughable.

How a woman will let her child get her into a screaming match is beyond me.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby mickey » Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:23 am

Securing a free ticket to the showdown!
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 312 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:11 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:The evolution of sibling rivalry.

It's not much but it's great to see when your kids are old enough to appreciate each other for who they are and want to help each other voluntarily not the good ole "Do it yourself".

Last night my lads training went for an hour longer than it was meant to, I was cooking a surf'n'turf for him and my daughter, she tells me that I may as well get dinner started and she'll go pick him up.

They get home and he pours them both a drink without even asking if she wants one, he puts salt and pepper on her steamed vegies because he knows that's what she'd want.

After dinner she grabs both of their plates and rinses them off after she forfeited the last bit of her steak and a couple of prawns to go with and then grabs him a magnum out of the freezer while she grabs herself a cherry ripe ice cream.

It's f*** all but it's bloody nice after intervening for many years over petty little whinges at each other and nit-picking, it takes me back to when my brother and I finally got a long, he was an absolute c*** to me for my entire childhood until I had enough and flipped out one day..............at a bowling club on a family day mind you :lol: :lol:

Ha! My brother is 7 years older than me, for years I never stood a chance. When I was about 17 I'd had enough, cripple nipples, clips over the ear etc, nothing nasty just big brother shit and I snapped, grabbed him by the throat and had him against the wall.

My Mum and Step Dad had been together for about 4 years, he, in his good heart went to intervene my Mum said "Leave it, it's been coming for years". We've been great mates since.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion