Round 21 - These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Into tipping/fantasy/dreamteam/supercoach/ultimate footy competitions? Its all discussed here!

Round 21 - These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:48 pm

In massive **** you to his owners, Lachie Neale is OUT this week with illness. If only we had the foresight of the Jedi Knight at the start of this season. Neale has been a major let down this year and he certainly wasn't the droid we we were looking for when we forked out top dollar for him in our initial squad. For any coach who avoided him kudos, I paid the price.

So what other malfunctioning Eddies have we had this year? While we all hoped Richmond would go down the tubes we all hoped that Dusty could be a quality DPP option. After smashing out a big score in a non head to head round the rest of his year has been mostly forgettable and to rub it in he broke down when trades were light. Docker superstar Nat Fyfe is a gun make no mistake, but once again he has broken down during the year which should put him on the never again list. Early doors plenty punted on Fyfe but he was not the Droid you're looking for either.

Some punt on breakout years and Shae Bolton was a popular pick. After a couple of very good games he essentially turned into Isaac Heeney who is at least scoring regular 80s now. Patrick Cripps was cheap and those who got sucked in found out why. A dearth of tons over the past few years has seen the battered Blue dropping down the pecking order and that downward trend continued this season.

Any nominations welcome. And good luck to all Semi Finalists except FISH :D

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Re: Round 21 - These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Postby fish » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:17 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:And good luck to all Semi Finalists except FISH :D

and of course I have Neale :(
fish
Coach

Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 48 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:25 pm

fish wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:And good luck to all Semi Finalists except FISH :D

and of course I have Neale :(

Haven't even checked our match up yet. Good news travels fast. ;)

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:59 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:In massive **** you to his owners, Lachie Neale is OUT this week with illness. If only we had the foresight of the Jedi Knight at the start of this season. Neale has been a major let down this year and he certainly wasn't the droid we we were looking for when we forked out top dollar for him in our initial squad. For any coach who avoided him kudos, I paid the price.

So what other malfunctioning Eddies have we had this year? While we all hoped Richmond would go down the tubes we all hoped that Dusty could be a quality DPP option. After smashing out a big score in a non head to head round the rest of his year has been mostly forgettable and to rub it in he broke down when trades were light. Docker superstar Nat Fyfe is a gun make no mistake, but once again he has broken down during the year which should put him on the never again list. Early doors plenty punted on Fyfe but he was not the Droid you're looking for either.

Some punt on breakout years and Shae Bolton was a popular pick. After a couple of very good games he essentially turned into Isaac Heeney who is at least scoring regular 80s now. Patrick Cripps was cheap and those who got sucked in found out why. A dearth of tons over the past few years has seen the battered Blue dropping down the pecking order and that downward trend continued this season.

Any nominations welcome. And good luck to all Semi Finalists except FISH :D

regards,

REB

Or the reverse of that, I started with Cummings last season, this year i said never again, ended up trading him in at r3 and is still in my team. Just annoyed i went one year too early on him.
Clark from your mob was a mistake of many.
Didnt have the courage to start with Stephensen or Impey, burnt trades bringing them in and who can forget what a dud Phillips was.

But without a doubt my most poisoned chalice trade started in R2
R2 Out J Berry 521k In J Graham 446k
R4 Out J Graham 423k In T Walker 406k
R9 Out T Walker 419k in T Mitchell 525k

Had Langford for 4 weeks and Cripps for 6 weeks, no wonder i have f all trades left
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Mills OUT

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL  Fantasy/Tipping Footy