Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide 2021

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:30 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
He's good for one annually, we're stuffed now for at least 4 months.

I thought you wrote anally initially

Tomatoes, tomato's.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Kahuna » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:35 pm

The Bedge wrote:, that takes serious Kahunas

Think you might mean "cajones".
Kahuna
League - Top 5

Has liked: 503 times
Been liked: 187 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:56 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Overreaction say the (I assume) white guys. ****, imagine getting shit canned on an almost daily basis over something you have no control over. It's not PC gone mad it's a people saying 'we've had enough'. Listen to Eddie Betts talk about the constant abuse he has faced over his career. I think Adelaide have done the right thing.

regards,

REB

Reckon i'm qualified enough to comment. :lol:

Ha ha yeah. Quickly chucked the 'assumed' comment in. What do they say about that again? ;) For me I got racially abused once in my entire life. Once. If I'd copped 55 years of it I don't think i'd be all that thrilled.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1818 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:53 pm

Loved the Nicks press conference

Was real honest……extremely honest. Mentioned you he had talked to Tex and yeah he can give some support, but didn’t shy away from the fact his support is more importantly needed elsewhere.

Absolutely no down playing or sweeping under the rug either, didn’t try and protect tex under the education flag conceding Tex simply should have known better.

Also didn’t pretend things will be great admitting time will tell on what the player reaction/response will be.

To me the interview whilst only a small thing was another indicators we are moving forward as a country. 5-10 years ago I reckon the press conference plays out differently
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:56 pm

whufc wrote:Loved the Nicks press conference

Was real honest……extremely honest. Mentioned you he had talked to Tex and yeah he can give some support, but didn’t shy away from the fact his support is more importantly needed elsewhere.

Absolutely no down playing or sweeping under the rug either, didn’t try and protect tex under the education flag conceding Tex simply should have known better.

Also didn’t pretend things will be great admitting time will tell on what the player reaction/response will be.

To me the interview whilst only a small thing was another indicators we are moving forward as a country. 5-10 years ago I reckon the press conference plays out differently

It was scripted to a tee.
They are all.
The crows would have a full time communications manager telling them what and when to say things.

And they have had weeks to plan for it.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:11 pm

amber_fluid wrote:

They are all.
The crows would have a full time communications manager telling them what and when to say things.

Absolutely it would have been but for mine Nicks was saying what he believed. Lots of conviction in his words IMO.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby someguy1 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:02 pm

whufc wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

They are all.

Absolutely it would have been but for mine Nicks was saying what he believed. Lots of conviction in his words IMO.

He's pretty open in every press conference I've seen of his, one of the many things I like about him.
someguy1
Under 16s

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 45 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:47 pm

Just staggering that Tex has said this, he has no excuse/reason, he isn't young, he isn't uneducated and most of all he has had a long career working closely with indigenous team mates and presumably friends.

Well handled by the AFC and AFL, the only way forward out of this is for some learnings and education to continue, but geez it must be gut wrenching.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3504 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 08, 2021 12:58 pm

One more thing, why was Tex on the oval at the break anyway?

SANFL rules that during these COVID times it must be players and officials only on the field.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:45 pm

Dutchy wrote:One more thing, why was Tex on the oval at the break anyway?

SANFL rules that during these COVID times it must be players and officials only on the field.

Pre the last lockdown ( when this occurred ) people were on grounds, certainly were at Alberton.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10780 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:Just staggering that Tex has said this, he has no excuse/reason, he isn't young, he isn't uneducated and most of all he has had a long career working closely with indigenous team mates and presumably friends.

Well handled by the AFC and AFL, the only way forward out of this is for some learnings and education to continue, but geez it must be gut wrenching.

Im not convinced its been well handled by the AFL, its meant to be confidential, They have no trouble keeping drug users names private so how does this get out?
There is a lot of collateral damage from this.
We didnt heed all the details, just the pinishment and what he was punished for. Just a statement saying Walker has been suspended for racial vilification, was absolutely no need to even make North Adel or Young aware that it stemmed from them. No need to tell anyone he was dobbed in by an Adel official, These people dont need the scrutiny
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby hollywood7477 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:21 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Just staggering that Tex has said this, he has no excuse/reason, he isn't young, he isn't uneducated and most of all he has had a long career working closely with indigenous team mates and presumably friends.

Im not convinced its been well handled by the AFL, its meant to be confidential, They have no trouble keeping drug users names private so how does this get out?
We didnt heed all the details, just the pinishment and what he was punished for. Just a statement saying Walker has been suspended for racial vilification, was absolutely no need to even make North Adel or Young aware that it stemmed from them. No need to tell anyone he was dobbed in by an Adel official, These people dont need the scrutiny

So what I have heard is that the AFC Staffer heard it and is still really close to Eddie Betts and he contacted Eddie and told him what was said. Eddie rang the club and told them what was said. The Crows spoke to Walker and as nothing was done Eddie leaked it to the media
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 72 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:27 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

So what I have heard is that the AFC Staffer heard it and is still really close to Eddie Betts and he contacted Eddie and told him what was said. Eddie rang the club and told them what was said. The Crows spoke to Walker and as nothing was done Eddie leaked it to the media

Someone reads bigfooty
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby stan » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:28 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
hollywood7477 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Someone reads bigfooty
Snap, I was just about to say that.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:31 pm

interesting that there were a number of people who heard it and reported it.
also been advised that there are a few other issues that have involved Tex over the years at the club where he is a protected species and a few people are sick of the attitude.
$1.01 he retires
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11850 times
Been liked: 3601 times

Postby Armchair expert » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:34 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:interesting that there were a number of people who heard it and reported it.
also been advised that there are a few other issues that have involved Tex over the years at the club where he is a protected species and a few people are sick of the attitude.
$1.01 he retires

I don't think he can retire,

in my opinion he retires now he will forever be known as a racist moron who had his career ended by the indiscretion.

He plays next year, he retires and people will have forgotten about this incident and he is remember as a crows champion.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 1437 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby MW » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:45 pm

Armchair expert wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:interesting that there were a number of people who heard it and reported it.
$1.01 he retires

I don't think he can retire,

in my opinion he retires now he will forever be known as a racist moron who had his career ended by the indiscretion.

He plays next year, he retires and people will have forgotten about this incident and he is remember as a crows champion.

He will get boooed into retirement next year and rightly so.
Pull the pin now and give the club some space
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2609 times
Been liked: 1850 times

Postby amber_fluid » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:53 pm

Has Tex said or apologised publicly?
He doesn’t have too but it might go along way to people forgiving him one day.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2227 times
Been liked: 2523 times

Postby DOC » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:03 pm

Friday I think.
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 731 times
Been liked: 2087 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:09 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

How does it possibly remain confidential? If tex missed 6 weeks and they lied about the reason you would be up in arms.
Dutchy
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL