Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide 2021

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:12 pm

Brodlach wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Perhaps some dancing girls, beers or some pizza?

FFS it’s the same people who will condemn him for doing this who would condemn him for not doing it.

Would you prefer we just pretended it didn’t happen?

Yep of course :roll:

What sort of a wanker comment was that? I was commenting on what Bum Crack said “couldn’t they come up with something better than that”

Your comment was the wanker comment not mine.
You didn’t quote anyone so how are we suppose to know.
Last edited by amber_fluid on Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:13 pm

Absolutely agree on all that Booney.

Well done to Robbie Young (I actually cannot express my admiration in words for him enough)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Brodlach » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:14 pm

All you had to do was read the post above my comment :roll:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:15 pm

I have no love for the crows or Tex, and some of the crows fans have been shit through and I was not a fan of that video, however, I see what they were trying to do with this. Address the issue at hand.

Tex has ****** up and it should cost him. Not sure it should cost him his last year of football, but it should cost him.

He has been as smashed for this and that's fair. But what's on the other side of this?
Do we shit can him forever now?

At some point we should move on. I just feel there are some worrying signs for a player when there career is shit like this and they are thrust into life without football. I'm not trying to cast Tex as a victim here but we may well find this out in the long run .

Not sure where to from here and that should be a concern at some level.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Bum Crack » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:43 pm

Brodlach wrote:All you had to do was read the post above my comment :roll:

Look what you've started :lol:
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:33 am

The video was very uncomfortable for mine and not really necessary...…...just felt to much for show but as other as have said good on both of them for being willing to catch up and face each other.

Hopefully that now gives both the space to go away and get on with life away from the prying media for a bit.

Will be interesting to see what Tex next move is...…………...if he is planning on going on does he come out and announce it, if he announce it too early people will critise him about not understanding the damage he caused etc. Either way the media are going to hunt down the answer to that question.

If his not planning on going on does he just rip the bandaid and announce it in the near future or does he give himself some space, let the emotion die down and then announce as pre season begins next year, albeit he can tell the Crows management at any point.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby stan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:31 am

I reckon he should play on, many will disagree. It he ****** up and has copped a good whack. He should be able to play after that. He should finish off at the end of next year in a better fashion that what it is now, going out like this would be shit. Yeah he ****** up and in a big way but still you can screw a person down forever.
stan
Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:34 am

stan wrote:I reckon he should play on, many will disagree. It he ****** up and has copped a good whack. He should be able to play after that. He should finish off at the end of next year in a better fashion that what it is now, going out like this would be shit. Yeah he ****** up and in a big way but still you can screw a person down forever.

Whilst I still believe he got off pretty lightly compared to the average punter in their workplace the only way Tex can fix his reputation is by playing on next year and being a role model footballer on and off the field.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:37 am

A bit of a weird couple of days from my perspective.

My personal phone number used to be that of Jacob Surjan's, it didn't take long before discovering it as I'd get drunk phone calls on a Saturday night from ex AFL players and messages asking to catch up etc.

Sunday night I received an sms opening with G'day Surj and then proceeding to ask when would be a good time to call for a chat, it was from Tex.

It was kind of weird and I was taken by surprise but I ended up replying that it was no longer Surj's number, I then signed off with "take care mate".

Yesterday the phone rings and it's a foreign number, I answer it and as quick as I did there's some bloke rattling his gums immediately and once he came up for air I intervened to explain that I'm not Surj (It was Michael Doughty BTW).

Half an hour later the same number calls again and immediately broke into convo again "Hey Surj, it's me again, Tex has ***** until half two, how does 3 o'clock sound for Robbie?" I then had to explain again that he'd called the wrong number.

It was pretty bloody hard keeping my loose lips shut for the afternoon as I knew there was a meeting taking place, reading on here, hearing it at work and seeing it all over FB made it more difficult to say nothing, I did pm a couple of blokes on here.

At the end of the day, whether you think it was poorly done, unprofessional, whether you thought it was touching, the right thing to do, too late, too early or whatever enters your mind it is all irrelevant.

You don't know what goes though someone's mind unless you walk a mile in their shoes.
Last edited by Lightning McQueen on Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:03 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:A bit of a weird couple of days from my perspective.

My personal phone number used to be that of Jacob Surjan's, it didn't take long before discovering it as I'd get drunk phone calls on a Saturday night from ex AFL players and messages asking to catch up etc.

Sunday night I received an sms opening with G'day Surj and then proceeding to ask when would be a good time to call for a chat, it was from Tex.

It was kind of weird and I was taken by surprise but I ended up replying that it was no longer Surj's number, I then signedfd off with "take care mate".

Yesterday the phone rings and it's a foreign number, I answer it and as quick as I did there's some bloke rattling his gums immediately and once he came up for air I intervened to explain that I'm not Surj (It was Michael Doughty BTW).

Half an hour later the same number calls again and immediately broke into convo again "Hey Surj, it's me again, Tex has ***** until half two, how does 3 o'clock sound for Robbie?" I then had to explain again that he'd called the wrong number.

It was pretty bloody hard keeping my loose lips shut for the afternoon as I knew there was a meeting taking place, reading on here, hearing it at work and seeing it all over FB made it more difficult to say nothing, I did pm a couple of blokes on here.

At the end of the day, whether you think it was poorly done, unprofessional, whether you thought it was touching, the right thing to do, too late, too early or whatever enters your mind it is all irrelevant.

You don't know what goes though someone's unless you walk a mile in their shoes.

Great post mate.

Whilst we can all be critical myself most definitely included im in no doubt that Tex has a genuine sense of remorse for what his done. I genuinely believe him when he has been reported as saying he doesn't know why those words came out his mouth. Whilst I haven't said anything to the extent Tex did I'm sure in all aspects of life we have said something and then thought WTF, why did I say that FFS.

I don't know if others have the same feeling as me but whilst i do 'feel sorry for him' i also have a feeling of guilt for doing so given that he isn't actually the victim.
whufc
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:10 am

Bum Crack wrote:
Brodlach wrote:All you had to do was read the post above my comment :roll:

Look what you've started :lol:

:lol:
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:31 am

whufc wrote:
Great post mate.

Whilst we can all be critical myself most definitely included im in no doubt that Tex has a genuine sense of remorse for what his done. I genuinely believe him when he has been reported as saying he doesn't know why those words came out his mouth. Whilst I haven't said anything to the extent Tex did I'm sure in all aspects of life we have said something and then thought WTF, why did I say that FFS.

I don't know if others have the same feeling as me but whilst i do 'feel sorry for him' i also have a feeling of guilt for doing so given that he isn't actually the victim.

Irrespective of what I think of what was said or who said it, as a human/bloke, I have concerns of his well being, what's done is done, it can't be reversed, this wasn't "Jonno" who plays in the B's at the Unit's, it was Tex, a very popular player, SA icon, media personality who had a massive career ahead of him after football, he's f****** up, he's owned it, I hope he gets through it and we all focus on the bigger picture.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby UK Fan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:23 am

I heard there was two videos shot. The one we’ve seen plus another where Tex was doing an acoustic version of Dennis Leary’s “I’m an Asshole”.

With the new lyrics “Sometimes, I park in handicapped spaces While handicapped people say aren’t you that racist”

Apparently it was very moving. ;)

I’d like to make 6 points about the issue

1 tex is a dumb****
2 the story was leaked in a showdown week
3 the best thing for the club/playing group is Tex moves on and focuses on what he needs to whilst leaving the rest of the group To focus Purely on footy.
4 if the guy reported the racist comment to the afl and tex plead guilty why did it take so long to reconcile
5 nicks spoke well but needs to stop crying
6 west adelaide are custard
Last edited by UK Fan on Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby stan » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:34 am

Just back to footy for a moment, Lynch not offered a contract for next season by the crows.
stan
Coach

Postby Bum Crack » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:51 am

stan wrote:Just back to footy for a moment, Lynch not offered a contract for next season by the crows.

I thought they might give him one more year now that Tex has finished.
So you've seen everything have you?
Yep
Have you ever seen a man eat his own head?
No
Well you haven't seen everything then have you.
Bum Crack
Coach

Has liked: 320 times
Been liked: 884 times
Grassroots Team: Berri

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 10, 2021 10:51 am

UK Fan wrote:I heard there was two videos shot. The one we’ve seen plus another where Tex was doing an acoustic version of Dennis Leary’s “I’m an Asshole”.

With the new lyrics “Sometimes, I park in handicapped spaces While handicapped people say aren’t you that racist”

Apparently it was very moving. ;)

I’d like to make 6 points about the issue

1 tex is a dumb****
2 the story was leaked in a showdown week
3 the best thing for the club/playing group is Tex moves on and focuses on what he needs to whilst leaving the rest of the group To focus Purely on footy.
4 if the guy reported the racist comment to the afl and tex plead guilty why did it take so long to reconcile
5 nicks spoke well but needs to stop crying
6 west adelaide are custard

Stick to taking pot shots at crowd numbers
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:06 am

Riccuito tried to defend Tex calling it 'casual racism'

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:19 am

stan wrote:Just back to footy for a moment, Lynch not offered a contract for next season by the crows.

Only 30

too young for Geelong
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:26 am

Armchair expert wrote:

Only 30

too young for Geelong
Yeah but in 3 years, JJ and him would be a dominant force up front

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby MW » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:23 pm

I've gone to post on this so many times and just deleted it ....

Ultimately:
The people who hate him will hate him even more, some using it as a platform for clicks, trolling, building their media profile etc.

The people who didnt have an opinion on him are now firmly in the hate category.

The people who loved him now no longer do...some might come back, some wont. I honestly dont know if I will ever.

The aboriginal community are using this to leverage their campaign against racism and rightly so. It is 100% what they should be doing. It's hard watching one of your own get smashed multiple times a day by prominent, senior first nations Australians, but it needs to be done and he needs to be used as the example as much as it hurts him now. The whole country will be better off in the long term.

I hope someday people heal, Tex heals, and he gets some normality back in his life but for now and likely the next few years, not a chance in hell and it's something he needs to live with.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL