ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:56 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:Hello everyone!

Haven’t heard too much just yet.

Golden Grove will be very hard to beat in A3 - Higgins returning from Para Hills, and Matt Hermann from TTG signing on too.
Have heard they’re working hard on a couple others from the local rivals!

Adelaide footy league today announcing they are happy to play right through to October long weekend - will certainly throw ATCA plans into a complete mess. No one will turn their mud pit into a cricket wicket in a week.

I dont get that, goes to an A1 side. plays a grade all year, wins a flag and then goes back to A3? Good luck to him but seems an odd choice IMO

Alex was a valuable part of our side, but we got the sense he missed his old club about half way through the year so it came as no surprise, when he explained it to us about leaving it was a desire to purely go back and play with his mates at Golden Grove, he said he missed it to much and wasn't enjoying his cricket because of it.

We parted on good terms and we wish him nothing but the best this season, he knows he is always welcome back.[/quote]

Was a really good response from Para Hills at the time and afterwards as well. A credit to them.[/quote]

I got to know Higgo pretty well throughout the season and had absolutely no issues nor did the club in encouraging him to go back to Golden Grove if that was going to be best for him. I seriously think he will dominate A3 again and if Cree sticks around and adding Hermann , we'll I would expect them to be in A2 in no time.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 71 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:49 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:Hello everyone!

Haven’t heard too much just yet.

Golden Grove will be very hard to beat in A3 - Higgins returning from Para Hills, and Matt Hermann from TTG signing on too.
Have heard they’re working hard on a couple others from the local rivals!

Adelaide footy league today announcing they are happy to play right through to October long weekend - will certainly throw ATCA plans into a complete mess. No one will turn their mud pit into a cricket wicket in a week.

I dont get that, goes to an A1 side. plays a grade all year, wins a flag and then goes back to A3? Good luck to him but seems an odd choice IMO

Alex was a valuable part of our side, but we got the sense he missed his old club about half way through the year so it came as no surprise, when he explained it to us about leaving it was a desire to purely go back and play with his mates at Golden Grove, he said he missed it to much and wasn't enjoying his cricket because of it.

We parted on good terms and we wish him nothing but the best this season, he knows he is always welcome back.

Was a really good response from Para Hills at the time and afterwards as well. A credit to them.[/quote]

I got to know Higgo pretty well throughout the season and had absolutely no issues nor did the club in encouraging him to go back to Golden Grove if that was going to be best for him. I seriously think he will dominate A3 again and if Cree sticks around and adding Hermann , we'll I would expect them to be in A2 in no time.[/quote]

he took 5fa 's for fun in the A2 year he won the medal, he is a decent bat too and agree he should smash A3, its sounds like both player and club have handled it exceptionally well. I'm happy to not face him
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
he took 5fa 's for fun in the A2 year he won the medal, he is a decent bat too and agree he should smash A3, its sounds like both player and club have handled it exceptionally well. I'm happy to not face him

Well, he took one 5fa, but I agree he'll do well in A3.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 532 times

Postby Trader » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:14 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:he took 5fa 's for fun in the A2 year he won the medal, he is a decent bat too and agree he should smash A3, its sounds like both player and club have handled it exceptionally well. I'm happy to not face him

Don't tell me you expect to have fun more than once every 6 months???

Xmas and birthdays only right.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:45 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

2018/19 season
9 matches
31 wickets
5x5fa
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:07 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

2018/19 season
9 matches
31 wickets
5x5fa

Apologies, I was thinking 2019/20
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby no_remorse28 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:26 pm

Any news going around for clubs and signings, I see golden grove will be very very strong in A3, adding Moran to the previously mentioned.

Also has anyone got word on if they are extending the length of womens games from 20 overs.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby Whatsfordinner » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:54 am

Moran is the biggest signing of the lot I’d say. Adds huge talent to the squad.

Grove quickly becoming a favourite to win A3. But is it worth spending this big to win the A3 title?

Not hearing much else from around the place.
Whatsfordinner

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:28 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:Moran is the biggest signing of the lot I’d say. Adds huge talent to the squad.

Grove quickly becoming a favourite to win A3. But is it worth spending this big to win the A3 title?

who is Moran?
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:24 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:Moran is the biggest signing of the lot I’d say. Adds huge talent to the squad.

who is Moran?

I assume it's Chris Moran, who has been playing at East Torrens. Has played about 20 A grade games, but mostly B grade the last 2 years. Solid bat who bowls off spin (I think). Was a Golden Grove junior. Should go very well in A3.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Whatsfordinner » Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:01 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Sonofbrowny25 wrote:

who is Moran?

I assume it's Chris Moran, who has been playing at East Torrens. Has played about 20 A grade games, but mostly B grade the last 2 years. Solid bat who bowls off spin (I think). Was a Golden Grove junior. Should go very well in A3.

Yeah that’s him..
I believe he won 2nd grade player of the year at some point.. very handy allrounder.
Whatsfordinner

Postby no_remorse28 » Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:18 pm

If I'm not mistaken his dad is involved at Golden grove in some way.

We had spoken to Chris last year about joining us in A1, even with the Greg Quinn connection he couldn't quite bring himself to leave East Torrens.

As for spending big in A3, it is still an A grade and they have obviously planned to get up the grades sooner rather than later, I think they will take A3 out quite comfortably, in fact I doubt anyone will get close.
no_remorse28
Reserves

Postby Catter4lyfe » Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:03 pm

no_remorse28 wrote:If I'm not mistaken his dad is involved at Golden grove in some way.

We had spoken to Chris last year about joining us in A1, even with the Greg Quinn connection he couldn't quite bring himself to leave East Torrens.

As for spending big in A3, it is still an A grade and they have obviously planned to get up the grades sooner rather than later, I think they will take A3 out quite comfortably, in fact I doubt anyone will get close.

be surprised if the dukes don't jag anyone with the new coach delving deep into those pockets as he has done in the past.
Catter4lyfe
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Port Pirie Power » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:03 pm

Pooraka looked to have improved their bowling stocks for the year
Port Pirie Power
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby Homer J » Sat Aug 07, 2021 8:04 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote:Pooraka looked to have improved their bowling stocks for the year

They also signed Cooper Thompson. :D
Homer J
Rookie

Been liked: 43 times

Postby the smokey » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:38 am

Would expect the fixtures to be out very soon or do you think there may be a delay to see what happens with the finish to the footy season?
the smokey
Rookie

Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 27 times

Postby Whatsfordinner » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:28 am

the smokey wrote:Would expect the fixtures to be out very soon or do you think there may be a delay to see what happens with the finish to the footy season?

You’d think they’d be coming out relatively soon.
Normally late august from memory! Someone else might have a better idea
Whatsfordinner

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:43 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:
the smokey wrote:Would expect the fixtures to be out very soon or do you think there may be a delay to see what happens with the finish to the footy season?

Middle of September last year.
Would expect similar this season.
In reality we all know when round 1 is, a months notice as to if it's a home or away game is plenty.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:35 am

Trader wrote:
Whatsfordinner wrote:

Middle of September last year.
Would expect similar this season.
In reality we all know when round 1 is, a months notice as to if it's a home or away game is plenty.

Only possible reason you might need to know this early is if you are planning some big gala type event where you might need to lock in caterers, music etc. Obviously would prefer to do that on a day your playing at home but that's probably the only reason I could think of it being important.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:44 am

Even if you know you get a home game round 1, there's a 50:50 chance it's washed out anyway! haha
Trader
Assistant Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps