Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:21 am

heater31 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:16-39 year olds can book a Pfizer 5g shot from Monday for a sep/oct jab

finally
Have they increased the supply of Pfizer? I booked mid July due to my employment but couldn't get an appointment until September!

That pissed me off last night when I heard about it, every time I try and book there is a two month wait etc. so I end up going along with the thought process that I'll be able to get one from my local GP before too long.

This isn't so much of a rollout, it's more like appeasing those with time on their hands.

IMO they should've just got on top of the age bracket that they were focusing on first, maybe there's more to it, I'm not too fussed though, I can wait.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:43 am

Wedgie wrote:A real shame for kids the Shows been cancelled again, but it is hard to see how you could have an event where hundreds of thousands people mingle, and move about. Especially as others have alluded to when the biggest vaccination centre in the state is based there.
Will this thing ever finish or will we ever get back to normal? :(

This is our new world mate so we better get used of it unfortunately.

You would've been apprehended and put in a straitjacket 24 months ago if you had of suggested a pandemic is going to bring the world to it's knee's, now we shit ourselves when there's a news flash, we have big arsed mumma's fighting each other in supermarkets because one of them has 8 packets of 32 bog rolls in her trolley and there are people driving in their cars alone wearing face masks.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:47 am

Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:27 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Wedgie wrote:A real shame for kids the Shows been cancelled again, but it is hard to see how you could have an event where hundreds of thousands people mingle, and move about. Especially as others have alluded to when the biggest vaccination centre in the state is based there.

You would've been apprehended and put in a straitjacket 24 months ago if you had of suggested a pandemic is going to bring the world to it's knee's, now we shit ourselves when there's a news flash, we have big arsed mumma's fighting each other in supermarkets because one of them has 8 packets of 32 bog rolls in her trolley and there are people driving in their cars alone wearing face masks.

I haven't quite bought into the 'new world' stuff yet.

If mask wearing becoming mandatory for the next 5 years, if spot lockdowns become a 'normal' thing, overseas travel doesn't open up, continuous border closures are all happening in 5 years time there will be an uprising.

You can already see the discontent slowly growing from law abiding citizens whilst in lockdowns 2 years ago to now people simply ignoring lockdown rules and protests in places like Sydney. Give that another 3 years and that will only be amplified.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5585 times
Been liked: 2526 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:40 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

If mask wearing becoming mandatory for the next 5 years, if spot lockdowns become a 'normal' thing, overseas travel doesn't open up, continuous border closures are all happening in 5 years time there will be an uprising.

You can already see the discontent slowly growing from law abiding citizens whilst in lockdowns 2 years ago to now people simply ignoring lockdown rules and protests in places like Sydney. Give that another 3 years and that will only be amplified.

Well it wouldn't be as evident to you out there in Wandin Valley.

I hate it, I feel weird putting a mask on before heading into a shop, I still find myself smiling at people in the shop when I give way to them or let them in before me, the world was becoming less sociable to begin with and this has face paced the new level of ignorance and poor manners.

Now I don't even bother with a jibe or bit of small talk while getting served as I can't be bothered repeating myself and I can't understand what people are saying while they are masked up.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby stan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:58 am

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I tend to agree with you here. And also I'm not a new world order person or bill gates person either but I can really see people getting pissed off.

If this goes on for a few more years you can only see the protests getting bigger and people giving less of a crap.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 13, 2021 10:05 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Well it wouldn't be as evident to you out there in Wandin Valley.

I hate it, I feel weird putting a mask on before heading into a shop, I still find myself smiling at people in the shop when I give way to them or let them in before me, the world was becoming less sociable to begin with and this has face paced the new level of ignorance and poor manners.

Now I don't even bother with a jibe or bit of small talk while getting served as I can't be bothered repeating myself and I can't understand what people are saying while they are masked up.

Im the same, I mean we have to wear the masks etc and I do it. I put a full tank of petrol in my car today, whacked the mask on and the strings broke. Felt like a criminal holding my mask over my mouth whilst walking in to pay.

I think people are happy to go the extra yard now but not sure that will be the case in 5 years time if this is still happening. Especially given many places around the world USA, UK are getting on with living, albeit they are having a lot more cases and deaths than us.
whufc
Coach

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:25 am

The Maquarade continues :lol:

I like this its is for all of us suffering from Coronaphobia.

Enjoy.

"i must not fear Coronavirus. Coronaphobia is the mind killer. Coronaphobia is the little death that brings total obliteration.I will face Coronavirius. I will permit it to pass over me and through me and when it has gone past i will turn the inner eye to see its path.Where the Coronavirus has gone there will me nothing .Only i will remain "
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:42 am

Seen on the grapevine protest in Melbourne last night against Lockdown big police presence some arrests.
Last edited by Apachebulldog on Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby mal » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:59 am

At an Adelaide Strip Club very recently
The men in the crowd were yelling out " Show us your face ....
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1149 times
Been liked: 903 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:02 pm

mal wrote:At an Adelaide Strip Club very recently
The men in the crowd were yelling out " Show us your face ....
Good to see you supporting the economy!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11834 times
Been liked: 3593 times

Postby Psyber » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:41 pm

I hope so eventually.

As life member of the RA&HS since the 1980s (when I ran a hobby farm) I enjoy going in most days to see the animals and exhibits. I have a free pass for me and a guest, and two children's passes. We take my wife's grandchildren from her previous marriage in by rotation as I can't cope with more than one or two at a time.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Magellan » Fri Aug 13, 2021 12:48 pm

Psyber wrote:

I hope so eventually.

As life member of the RA&HS since the 1980s (when I ran a hobby farm) I enjoy going in most days to see the animals and exhibits. I have a free pass for me and a guest, and two children's passes. We take my wife's grandchildren from her previous marriage in by rotation as I can't cope with more than one or two at a time.

What, marriages or grandchildren?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby tipper » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:03 pm

Or women?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Psyber » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:04 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I don't think that is going to happen.

Once most of the population is vaccinated and the risk of flooding and overwhelming the EDs and Intensive Care Units with new cases is over, I think it will became like influenza with an annual booster for the current variants. At that point the relatively few ardent anti-vaxxers holding out will have to take there own risk of serious illness, and the rest of us will be relatively safe and back to a more normal life. However, in the early stages of that transition we shall have to watch for more toxic strains arising.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 390 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Dutchy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:23 pm

Ok Im double Pfizered - lets open up!

Was at Noarlunga at 9am this morning, in/out in under 20 mins which included the 15 mins observation period, Id suggest booking 9am as there is zero waiting.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2320 times
Been liked: 3494 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:Ok Im double Pfizered - lets open up!

Was at Noarlunga at 9am this morning, in/out in under 20 mins which included the 15 mins observation period, Id suggest booking 9am as there is zero waiting.

Next friday 11 am for me same place.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:Ok Im double Pfizered - lets open up!

Yeah same double pfizered as well. Got my little information brochure on how to download my vaccine certificate on the my gov app.

The depth with which the government have taken to create brochures, make it work on the app 100% suggests a vaccine passport is going to be needed.
whufc
Coach

Postby Trader » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:58 pm

Psyber wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Once most of the population is vaccinated and the risk of flooding and overwhelming the EDs and Intensive Care Units with new cases is over, I think it will became like influenza with an annual booster for the current variants. At that point the relatively few ardent anti-vaxxers holding out will have to take there own risk of serious illness, and the rest of us will be relatively safe and back to a more normal life. However, in the early stages of that transition we shall have to watch for more toxic strains arising.

While I would agree 5 years is way too long, especially if they are aiming for everyone to be jabbed by the start of November, you then see things like the NT government putting out a 5 year contract for busses to transport international arrivals from the airport to Howard Springs. That suggests the govt is planning for long term issues.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:42 pm

Psyber wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Once most of the population is vaccinated and the risk of flooding and overwhelming the EDs and Intensive Care Units with new cases is over, I think it will became like influenza with an annual booster for the current variants. At that point the relatively few ardent anti-vaxxers holding out will have to take there own risk of serious illness, and the rest of us will be relatively safe and back to a more normal life. However, in the early stages of that transition we shall have to watch for more toxic strains arising.[/quote]

Sounds good in theory however have been reading that 50 % of of all Flu deaths from Delta are also the vaccinated.

So it seems the vaccines will not completely save some people.

Same stats in Australia.

But the experts and MSM will not report this .

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/br ... w/2457920/

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion