Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Postby Bandit » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:33 pm

Why are the blokes not wearing shirts, and the chicks are in bikinis? Its the aus desert ffs, your not at the beach.
Extend The Dukes
Bandit
Under 18s

Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 105 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:37 pm

Apparently a few FB fan pages have blown up in relation to rulings.
I do wish the rule was opposite of what it is.

I'll keep it at that until everyone has caught up
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11844 times
Been liked: 3600 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:01 am

I try and stay off the various online fan zones as there is always some hero that wants to post spoilers ahead of the tv show, so I haven't seen any of the commentary about it.

With that said, the move did stand out to me and my mind immediately jumped to thinking that was against the rules, but then we later saw half of the breach talking openly about doing it so obviously the aussie series has allowed that to occur.

I'm not a fan at all, the old rules were there for a reason.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:07 am

Trader wrote:I try and stay off the various online fan zones as there is always some hero that wants to post spoilers ahead of the tv show, so I haven't seen any of the commentary about it.

With that said, the move did stand out to me and my mind immediately jumped to thinking that was against the rules, but then we later saw half of the breach talking openly about doing it so obviously the aussie series has allowed that to occur.

Agreed, I'm not on any fan pages, the Mrs is.
When we saw it, I went to google and she jumped on the fan FB pages.

If the old rules were in place and it still happened... it would make an interesting dynamic going forward.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:19 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
Trader wrote:I try and stay off the various online fan zones as there is always some hero that wants to post spoilers ahead of the tv show, so I haven't seen any of the commentary about it.

If the old rules were in place and it still happened... it would make an interesting dynamic going forward.

I’m hoping they go to use the idol and ALP says “this idol was in possession of Kez when she was eliminated and can not be used”

That would be epic
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:21 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:If the old rules were in place and it still happened... it would make an interesting dynamic going forward.

Agreed, I was kinda hopeful they missed it live and we only saw it cause it came out later on and the producers went back through the footage to find it, but that's clearly not the case.

Would have been great to have seen it unfold if it was against the rules and the producers were in the dark.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:26 am

mighty hounds wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

I’m hoping they go to use the idol and ALP says “this idol was in possession of Kez when she was eliminated and can not be used”

That would be epic

That's what we're hoping for, as that's the traditional rule, but now you are still alive while the flame is going apparently.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:27 am

Wasn't a fan of George until last night's episode, brilliantly played by him. Hayley was my favourite with some of the moves she did last week but after seeing the preview for tonight where she dogs George, I'm off her.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 461 times
Been liked: 567 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby cracka » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:30 am

mighty hounds wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

That would be epic

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:That's what we're hoping for, as that's the traditional rule, but now you are still alive while the flame is going apparently.

I've always wondered why people voted off with a hidden idol didn't sneak it to someone else.
cracka
Veteran

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:57 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:

That would be epic

That's what we're hoping for, as that's the traditional rule, but now you are still alive while the flame is going apparently.

It opens a massive can of worms though. Anyone that’s voted off with an idol can now sneakingly pass it to someone else.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:58 am

cracka wrote:Wasn't a fan of George until last night's episode, brilliantly played by him. Hayley was my favourite with some of the moves she did last week but after seeing the preview for tonight where she dogs George, I'm off her.

Agreed George keeps getting better and better.

I'm hopeful the previews for tonight's episode are a misdirection.

We see Hayley tell Dani that she has a mole, and then the narrator tells us George is in trouble.

I'm hopeful that's just to build ratings as George is clearly the one pulling in the viewers. I don't think we see her name George.

If Hayley outs George now, she's done. It's still 5 v 5&2, she needs to keep his help a secret for another couple of votes.

I think she can sell it that Flick is her mole and get Dani to vote out Flick, but in reality even if there is a mole, Dani should just hold the line and get rid of a couple more brains before turning on the brawn. Dani doesn't strike me as overly intelligent, but surely she won't fall for the same trick twice when the brawns turned on themselves after the swap.

With that said, I'm not sure Hayley wan't to throw flick under the bus yet either, as she needs options and Flick has clearly shown she's willing to work together.

Cara is one that could easily cop the blame (play on her previous mistake that got D voted out), but I'm not sure George will be happy if they do target Cara.

In reality that only leaves a few good options in terms of people to throw under the bus, but none of them would be an easy sell (Chelsea, Gerald or Emmett).

As strange as it sounds, I actually think Hayley's best bet tonight it to get George to ensure the vote is for one of the inconsequential brains (Wai) and then give one up and let things naturally slide to 4 v 5&2.

Ultimately at some stage she's going to have to pull both George and Cara over, or Flick and Gerald, and either way, if it's at 4v7 or 5v6, she gets a majority either way. As such, she can let one go tonight, and pulling a pair into a group of 6 is an easier sell than into 7 where the pair can't see their way to the end.

Speaking of, what is George's thoughts on how to get to the end?
When is he going to flip?
Given he's only a pair (with Cara) I'm not sure how he ever takes control to be the majority within an alliance.
With this in mind, George needs to see both sides losing numbers as things progress as he can't let one side have too many members otherwise they can easily flick him and Cara whenever they want.
This thought process is another reason why I think Hayley should let one go tonight as it probably plays into George's hands and therefore he'll be willing to make it happen.

It's a really pivotal episode tonight with many ways things can play out, and will ultimately determine if this turns into a cracking season or just fizzles out to nothing.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:00 am

mighty hounds wrote:It opens a massive can of worms though. Anyone that’s voted off with an idol can now sneakingly pass it to someone else.

Even if you can't sneak it, openly handing it to your ally will help them as it's effectively the same as winning the individual immunity for the next episode.
Makes Simon's decision to walk with both idols in his pocket very selfish.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:30 am

Trader wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:It opens a massive can of worms though. Anyone that’s voted off with an idol can now sneakingly pass it to someone else.

Even if you can't sneak it, openly handing it to your ally will help them as it's effectively the same as winning the individual immunity for the next episode.

But you can't blame Simon.
He asked Dani if she was in on the blindside, if she said no, would he have tried to give her the idols??

Why help out those who voted you out?

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:51 am

Trader wrote:

My gut says they wont be able to use that idol. Never been allowed to happen in 20 years of watching the show, so why would they allow it now? The fact they showed Kez mentioning it as she was evicted makes me think there is more to play out here. Most times the player just goes straight up to get their flame put out, but she went to get some pants for Wei which gave her the opportunity to give the idol. Don't know how the others did not see this :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:09 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Trader wrote:

My gut says they wont be able to use that idol. Never been allowed to happen in 20 years of watching the show, so why would they allow it now? The fact they showed Kez mentioning it as she was evicted makes me think there is more to play out here. Most times the player just goes straight up to get their flame put out, but she went to get some pants for Wei which gave her the opportunity to give the idol. Don't know how the others did not see this :shock:
I think the Australian/south African rules are different to US in relation to this.
But yes, how it went through unseen is well done to Kez.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:16 pm

What do you guys think of Emmett? Something about the way he’s telling everyone in his alliance what to do is annoying me tbh. History shows in Survivor those types generally don’t win and will be eventually blindsided. He’s just picking off easy targets doing absolutely nothing. Hayley and George are the ones playing the game which holds you in good steed if you’re at the end.
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:35 pm

mighty hounds wrote:What do you guys think of Emmett? Something about the way he’s telling everyone in his alliance what to do is annoying me tbh. History shows in Survivor those types generally don’t win and will be eventually blindsided. He’s just picking off easy targets doing absolutely nothing. Hayley and George are the ones playing the game which holds you in good steed if you’re at the end.

I don't have an issue with the way he is playing, he's got himself in a majority and he's trying to hold it as long as possible. That's a perfectly valid strategy if you ask me.
I'm not sure how much he's demanding his alliance vote the way he wants, the 'caucus meeting' George held called for nominations, Gerald said Laura and they all agreed. To me that's suggesting the are somewhat being included in the decision making side of things.

What more puts him offside for me is his 'cool-dude' persona. The way he calls Jonathan 'man' and 'bro' the whole time. Refers to himself as the plant based god, etc.
That side of things makes me thing he's a total w@nker.

Hayley will play on Dani's insecurities and get Dani to decide they can't let an alpha male win and they'll vote him out with about 8 left IMO.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:49 am

George just keeps surviving - hope he wins as played great game and been very entertaining. Think Hayley might win though, she has also played great game. They now have 4-3 majority, but things change so quickly who knows how it ends up!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:37 am

Eagles2014 wrote:George just keeps surviving - hope he wins as played great game and been very entertaining. Think Hayley might win though, she has also played great game. They now have 4-3 majority, but things change so quickly who knows how it ends up!

Very ballsy of Cara not to play the idol for him. He's playing a great game
cracka
Veteran

Postby cracka » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:39 am

Really liked the hidden Immunity idol from Monday night too how it was put in the urn. Would like to see more of that.
cracka
Veteran

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment