R17 WWT v Adelaide Sunday 2.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R17 WWT v Adelaide Sunday 2.10

Postby Reddeer » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:28 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
Spargo wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Easy win. Top 3 spot secured. Job done.

It was good to see some of the Eagles younger players do amazing things
Along with the Menzel brothers kicking goals

Good to have you back.

I never left had elderly parents issues which kept and is keeping me busy hospital and a centre waiting for placement
I have a dad in care at Hendon and mum top of cross road cut lunch water bag trip

You dont have to explain your moves to a troll like Spargo
Save it for the Grand Final after they lose the unloseable
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby Spargo » Sun Aug 15, 2021 9:36 pm

:lol: Glad we’ve already made the GF, champ.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ

Don’t lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive...
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5460 times
Been liked: 5089 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:10 am

So you’re saying it’s a Bays v North GF?

I tend to agree
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Aerie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:02 am

am Bays wrote:So you’re saying it’s a Bays v North GF?

I tend to agree

Glenelg clearly and deservedly the strong favourites. But the Grand Finalists from last year are in reasonable form and like Glenelg, know what is required in terms of intensity on the ball. Still think South, on Adelaide Oval in Spring, with young talent, could surprise if they can get back to some form shown earlier in the season.

It should be a great finals series. It’s pleasing to see such high standards from the top teams, despite all that has happened over the past 18 months with Covid and a huge bonus having no AFL Reserves in the finals again.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby whybother » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:56 am

The SANFL website publishes a DT score (whatever that is ) which I think is some measure of a player's overall performance. Yesterday Jack Hayes got 153. This is the largest score that I have ever seen, certainly by an Eagles player. Has anyone ever seen a larger score ?
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:05 am

whybother wrote:The SANFL website publishes a DT score (whatever that is ) which I think is some measure of a player's overall performance. Yesterday Jack Hayes got 153. This is the largest score that I have ever seen, certainly by an Eagles player. Has anyone ever seen a larger score ?

Campbell Combe got 163 and Bryce Gibbs got 161 on Saturday.
I assume it stands for Dream Team but that's just a guess.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2024 times
Been liked: 3868 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:14 pm

Wedgie wrote:
whybother wrote:The SANFL website publishes a DT score (whatever that is ) which I think is some measure of a player's overall performance. Yesterday Jack Hayes got 153. This is the largest score that I have ever seen, certainly by an Eagles player. Has anyone ever seen a larger score ?

Campbell Combe got 163 and Bryce Gibbs got 161 on Saturday.
I assume it stands for Dream Team but that's just a guess.
Believe that is correct. Champion Data apply the AFL fantasy football scoring system to their stats.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Reddeer » Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Aerie wrote:

I tend to agree

Glenelg clearly and deservedly the strong favourites. But the Grand Finalists from last year are in reasonable form and like Glenelg, know what is required in terms of intensity on the ball. Still think South, on Adelaide Oval in Spring, with young talent, could surprise if they can get back to some form shown earlier in the season.

It should be a great finals series. It’s pleasing to see such high standards from the top teams, despite all that has happened over the past 18 months with Covid and a huge bonus having no AFL Reserves in the finals again.

The AFL teams should be excluded from finals anyway (even if they qualify) They are only in OUR comp for practice for their overpaid recruits. Rule needs to be introduced to protect the integrity of the competition. Look at the mess it makes of the fixtures for the other grades. And why do the U16s only play half a season. Great way to promote the code, I dont think. Cowtowing to the AFL crap again
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Postby goddy11 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:47 pm

Wedgie wrote:No offence meant but carnival is a great word to describe a match between these two clubs. 8)

3899 at the carnival.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 560 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby ferret » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:49 pm

Round 14 J. Hayes 164. Other big games by J. Hayes 159, 153 and 143.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby ferret » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:51 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Aerie wrote:

I tend to agree

The AFL teams should be excluded from finals anyway (even if they qualify) They are only in OUR comp for practice for their overpaid recruits. Rule needs to be introduced to protect the integrity of the competition. Look at the mess it makes of the fixtures for the other grades. And why do the U16s only play half a season. Great way to promote the code, I dont think. Cowtowing to the AFL crap again

Eagles reserves play Sturt reserves 4 times this season, three times at Unley Oval!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ferret
Reserves

Postby whybother » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:31 pm

On a slightly different track, the SANFL website has the red line for the Reserves dividing the table into a top 5, bottom 3. Is this right? I thought the reserves just had a final 4.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby ferret » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:53 pm

whybother wrote:On a slightly different track, the SANFL website has the red line for the Reserves dividing the table into a top 5, bottom 3. Is this right? I thought the reserves just had a final 4.

That's correct. So it compliments the league finals.
ferret
Reserves

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:55 pm

ferret wrote:
whybother wrote:On a slightly different track, the SANFL website has the red line for the Reserves dividing the table into a top 5, bottom 3. Is this right? I thought the reserves just had a final 4.

That's correct. So it compliments the league finals.

U/18s final four, so they finish a week earlier
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby wedgetail » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:48 pm

Pudney in the club best players at presentations. Starting to look more confident in his own game and as a result, other players are showing increased confidence in his ability. Deserves success for all the hard work he puts in. Menzels kicked more goals than points for a nice change.
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times

Postby robranisgod » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:59 pm

[flash=][/flash]
wedgetail wrote:Pudney in the club best players at presentations. Starting to look more confident in his own game and as a result, other players are showing increased confidence in his ability. Deserves success for all the hard work he puts in. Menzels kicked more goals than points for a nice change.

Pudney played a fine game the week before at Prospect, also.
On the Digital Pass he got a vote as the Eagles best player and third best on the ground in that game.
robranisgod
League - Best 21

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 224 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby Dutchy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:35 am

Reddeer wrote: And why do the U16s only play half a season. Great way to promote the code, I dont think. Cowtowing to the AFL crap again

So its all over before college footy commences
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3484 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:30 am

Dutchy wrote:
Reddeer wrote: And why do the U16s only play half a season. Great way to promote the code, I dont think. Cowtowing to the AFL crap again

Oh right, I forgot that they only select private school boys for their teams. What a load of bullshit. The rest just go off and play soccer. Great promotion of the Aussie Rules code
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 12:05 pm

Reddeer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Oh right, I forgot that they only select private school boys for their teams. What a load of bullshit. The rest just go off and play soccer. Great promotion of the Aussie Rules code
Do you understand where the private school system view their standing in the elite pathway of footy?
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Reddeer » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:16 pm

heater31 wrote:
Reddeer wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Do you understand where the private school system view their standing in the elite pathway of footy?

I understand that they are up themselves as the ELITE
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL