I need to know....

Anything!

Re: I need to know....

Postby Pseudo » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:00 am

Pseudo wrote:While driving, the charge light came on intermittently. A bit later there was a "bing" noise and the console screen turned off. Suspect the alternator is about to die but I'm no expert.

Is this one for the mechanic or for the auto electrician?

Not that anyone here gives a stuff ... but yes it's the alternator, and yes the mechanic can swap it out.

Now just waiting for a tow truck 'coz the frickin' thing won't even start...
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby tipper » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:02 am

Pseudo wrote:
Pseudo wrote:While driving, the charge light came on intermittently. A bit later there was a "bing" noise and the console screen turned off. Suspect the alternator is about to die but I'm no expert.

Is this one for the mechanic or for the auto electrician?

Not that anyone here gives a stuff ... but yes it's the alternator, and yes the mechanic can swap it out.

Now just waiting for a tow truck 'coz the frickin' thing won't even start...
Hey, i care, i just wasnt sure of the answer

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:41 am

We all care
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:27 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:5:30pm, their own phone.

Dude, you're her dad, she doesn't need to get off of her phone, it wasn't late.

So long story semi short...….

Is I have shot myself in the foot. 7 years ago when we divorced we had a court order that said I had the kids every fortnight from Friday Night to Monday Morning.

About a year ago when we moved to Clare we mutually agreed that the kids could go home late on a Sunday evening rather than me taking them to school on the Monday morning as the kids wanted a longer sleep in. Unfortunately that is going to bite me on the bum now as I already 'agreed' to 'break' the court order once child support now believe the court order is null and void.

So pretty much now they are just looking for a pattern of visitation which is slightly frustrating given we were planning on giving miss 12 a bit more choice. Apparently there is nothing I can do about the ex 'convincing' 'bribing' 'offering' the girls to stay on my weekends due to us agreeing to break the court order previously.

Just im shit at this stuff and keep smashed from pillar to post. Nothing worse than when you were trying to do the right thing and it completely bites you on the arse.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jase » Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:03 pm

whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Is I have shot myself in the foot. 7 years ago when we divorced we had a court order that said I had the kids every fortnight from Friday Night to Monday Morning.

About a year ago when we moved to Clare we mutually agreed that the kids could go home late on a Sunday evening rather than me taking them to school on the Monday morning as the kids wanted a longer sleep in. Unfortunately that is going to bite me on the bum now as I already 'agreed' to 'break' the court order once child support now believe the court order is null and void.

So pretty much now they are just looking for a pattern of visitation which is slightly frustrating given we were planning on giving miss 12 a bit more choice. Apparently there is nothing I can do about the ex 'convincing' 'bribing' 'offering' the girls to stay on my weekends due to us agreeing to break the court order previously.

Just im shit at this stuff and keep smashed from pillar to post. Nothing worse than when you were trying to do the right thing and it completely bites you on the arse.

Mate I've never been in this situation, but I truly believe that if you keep doing the right thing by your girls, letting them know that you love them, supporting them when they need it, being there for them when they need you, always being available for a chat... the Iceskating and movies will be forgotten when they see what you have done for them...

It might be tough for a couple of years but you keep loving them and being there for them, they will see the truth. Fight for what you can fight for and love the girls, it will work out I believe.

I might be naive but kids are pretty smart and observant... the older they get the more they will see the tricks and games for what they are...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1476 times
Been liked: 550 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:23 pm

Jase wrote:
whufc wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Mate I've never been in this situation, but I truly believe that if you keep doing the right thing by your girls, letting them know that you love them, supporting them when they need it, being there for them when they need you, always being available for a chat... the Iceskating and movies will be forgotten when they see what you have done for them...

It might be tough for a couple of years but you keep loving them and being there for them, they will see the truth. Fight for what you can fight for and love the girls, it will work out I believe.

I might be naive but kids are pretty smart and observant... the older they get the more they will see the tricks and games for what they are...

Cheers mate.

Just finding it impossible to build a life and be the best to continue to move forward both personally and work wise when at the drop of a hat through no fault of myself or my kids the situations change so dramatically.

In one month time my child support is going up by $300 a fortnight, I didn't know the current changes eg the ex had reduced the hours she was going to work and secondly having the kids 12 hours less from 8pm Friday to now 8am Saturday was going to hit me so hard. How can I predict those things and plan in advance, not like my child care fees for the daughter who lives with me are going down, mortgage isn't going down.

Wouldn't have bought a new car if I knew what was to come.....I mean the bank wouldn't have even given me the affordability had I knew I was losing that much money.

What happens if miss 12 get a boyfriend in a years time and decides she is only coming up one day...…..what hit do I take then.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:44 pm

whufc wrote:
Cheers mate.

Just finding it impossible to build a life and be the best to continue to move forward both personally and work wise when at the drop of a hat through no fault of myself or my kids the situations change so dramatically.

In one month time my child support is going up by $300 a fortnight, I didn't know the current changes eg the ex had reduced the hours she was going to work and secondly having the kids 12 hours less from 8pm Friday to now 8am Saturday was going to hit me so hard. How can I predict those things and plan in advance, not like my child care fees for the daughter who lives with me are going down, mortgage isn't going down.

Wouldn't have bought a new car if I knew what was to come.....I mean the bank wouldn't have even given me the affordability had I knew I was losing that much money.

What happens if miss 12 get a boyfriend in a years time and decides she is only coming up one day...…..what hit do I take then.

Do the research mate as everything is based on percentage of care.

If I were you I'd try you best to liaise with the ex and come to a mutual agreement to allow more flexibility both ends of the scale.

Having a child with your new partner should reduce your percentage but then the levels of care still come into it.

I took it fair up the tailpipe for 18 years for a son I never got to see because his mum was a violent alcoholic freak, I wasted over $15K in legal fees trying to see my son and she'd never show up to court or mediation despite agreeing to, it still went against me.

To this day I still haven't seen my son for 20+ years and it f****** hurts every day, every few months I build the strength to try again but it just depletes me when it turns to shit again and I end up where I started, just worse off, he has two sisters and a brother that he'd gel with instantly too.

Life is shit!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:40 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:
Cheers mate.

Do the research mate as everything is based on percentage of care.

If I were you I'd try you best to liaise with the ex and come to a mutual agreement to allow more flexibility both ends of the scale.

Having a child with your new partner should reduce your percentage but then the levels of care still come into it.

I took it fair up the tailpipe for 18 years for a son I never got to see because his mum was a violent alcoholic freak, I wasted over $15K in legal fees trying to see my son and she'd never show up to court or mediation despite agreeing to, it still went against me.

To this day I still haven't seen my son for 20+ years and it f****** hurts every day, every few months I build the strength to try again but it just depletes me when it turns to shit again and I end up where I started, just worse off, he has two sisters and a brother that he'd gel with instantly too.

Life is shit!

She is playing the system mate, she knows it and you dont. Got to remember she probably gets together with all the other man hating single mums and talk about how to screw over their exes. Youre starting a mile behind, you need to even up the game she's playing. I bet she's only reduced her hours because she knows she gets more from you.
Dont ask me how, do something real tempting for th ekids on the exes weekend??
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:37 pm

looking at making a few adjustments outside with the BBQ area.
currently plugged into a Natural Gas outlet from the house. but the Hose is only a 1m in length.
Can you get them longer? say 2-3m in length?
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:40 pm

I've got a question. Has anyone else that has to wear a mask for several hours a day notice their goatee area is growing a lot more than the rest of their beard?
I'm assuming a beard is like lawn and thrives in warm humid conditions?
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby DOC » Mon Aug 16, 2021 10:39 pm

Well you need heat, moisture and fertilizer so yeh ideal conditions beneath that mask
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 2076 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:20 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:looking at making a few adjustments outside with the BBQ area.
currently plugged into a Natural Gas outlet from the house. but the Hose is only a 1m in length.
A registered gas plumber or BBQ shop should sort you out
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:25 am

Any hidden gem hotels in Adelaide.

Got an awards night in Adelaide next weekend and will most likely stay in the city. Would be keen if we could somehow squeeze a room with a spa.

Probably not looking to spend over $300 for the night, which is why I am asking if there is any hidden gems.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:17 am

whufc wrote:Any hidden gem hotels in Adelaide.

Got an awards night in Adelaide next weekend and will most likely stay in the city. Would be keen if we could somehow squeeze a room with a spa.

Probably not looking to spend over $300 for the night, which is why I am asking if there is any hidden gems.

The Majestic Rooftop has spa's.

Millers Apartments are my go to nowadays, has all the kitchen amenities necessary, excellent location, washing machine and dryer, decent sized lounge room and a small balcony that you can watch all the pissed dero's walking down Hindley trying to pick fights with everyone.

The best value I've found in the city, usually like to do 2 nights though, one for going out and then a lazy day down the East End somewhere, I don't see it as great value when you get there after 4pm and have to vacate by 10am, it's just not very relaxing.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:51 am

Wedgie wrote:I've got a question. Has anyone else that has to wear a mask for several hours a day notice their goatee area is growing a lot more than the rest of their beard?

Warmth dilates the blood capillaries under the skin and the increased blood flow stimulates hair growth. That dilatation effect is how the expensive Rogaine lotion and Laser stimulation treatments work for hair regrowth.

I've noticed a little thinning on the scalp lately and I'm taking the least expensive option - keeping my scalp under fairly hot (but not damagingly so) running water while in the shower. Early stages, but it seem to be working...
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby Wedgie » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:58 am

Psyber wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I've got a question. Has anyone else that has to wear a mask for several hours a day notice their goatee area is growing a lot more than the rest of their beard?

Warmth dilates the blood capillaries under the skin and the increased blood flow stimulates hair growth. That dilatation effect is how the expensive Rogaine lotion and Laser stimulation treatments work for hair regrowth.

I've noticed a little thinning on the scalp lately and I'm taking the least expensive option - keeping my scalp under fairly hot (but not damagingly so) running water while in the shower. Early stages, but it seem to be working...

Hmmmm, time for me to wear one of those Jewish caps then! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:49 pm

heater31 wrote:
mighty_tiger_79 wrote:looking at making a few adjustments outside with the BBQ area.
A registered gas plumber or BBQ shop should sort you out
Went into Reece at Lonsdale and they were brilliant on Wednesday. Directed me to the seaford store.

Go to Seaford and the worker without checking computer for stock etc and in a grumpy mood just said we don't have them here......[emoji57][emoji57][emoji57][emoji57]
Oh well - that store BANNED.

Now off to BBQ galore tomorrow.[emoji1696]

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Corona Man » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Is it too early to crack a tin?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Wedgie » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:27 pm

Corona Man wrote:Is it too early to crack a tin?

I was selling jugs over 3 hours ago so definately not
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Corona Man » Fri Aug 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Wedgie wrote:
Corona Man wrote:Is it too early to crack a tin?

I was selling jugs over 3 hours ago so definately not

$old.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion