Brahma Lodge
Adel. Lutheran
Mitchell Park
Houghton

Leftovers:

Flinders Uni
Hackham
OSB

I wonder if Smithfield will be back in next season?

Perhaps some clubs with C & D Grades could field the remaining spots in div 9 should we roll this way?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: COVID-19

Postby Mr Beefy » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:10 pm

West Croydon are above Fitzroy?
Mr Beefy
Coach

Has liked: 404 times
Been liked: 651 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:12 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Div 8

Ingle Farm
Mawson Lakes
Central United
Greenacres
Brahma Lodge
Adel. Lutheran
Mitchell Park
Houghton

Leftovers:

Flinders Uni
Hackham
OSB

Perhaps some clubs with C & D Grades could field the remaining spots in div 9 should we roll this way?

If Smithfield return, Div 8 would become 6 teams - play each other x3.. and Div 9 the same.

Alternative would be 1 division, play each side once then split into two pools of 6 for the remaining 5 weeks.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:13 pm

Mr Beefy wrote:West Croydon are above Fitzroy?

I thought they were, admittedly I didn't check, I just added to the list.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Div 8

Ingle Farm
Mawson Lakes
Central United
Greenacres
Brahma Lodge
Adel. Lutheran
Mitchell Park
Houghton

Leftovers:

Flinders Uni
Hackham
OSB

If Smithfield return, Div 8 would become 6 teams - play each other x3.. and Div 9 the same.

Alternative would be 1 division, play each side once then split into two pools of 6 for the remaining 5 weeks.

When do they have til to nominate?

Will they have to go into div 300?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:When do they have til to nominate?

Will they have to go into div 300?

My understanding is that they've been guaranteed entry back into the comp for 2022 if they can meet the requirements - this was discussed start of the year - they'd go back into D7 most likely.

They may nominate sides along with the rest of the clubs in Oct or whenever it is, then confirm Jan/Feb next year?

Stuffed if I know. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby oldman » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:22 am

If the reason for reducing from 10 teams to 8 is to allow wriggle room incase of lock downs why not put something in place as a contingency plan and keep it 10 team comps 18 rounds top 2 teams up bottom 2 down at the end of 18 games. If for some reason the season can't be completed but everyone has played each other at least once then the ladder stands. If everyone knows this before the year starts its fair and even for all. If there are any interruptions during the season finals will not determine the promotion. Rewarding clubs that are the most consistent over 18 games would make sense. If no interruptions then it reverts back to a standard finals series with the grand finalists being promoted.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:10 am

oldman wrote:If the reason for reducing from 10 teams to 8 is to allow wriggle room incase of lock downs why not put something in place as a contingency plan and keep it 10 team comps 18 rounds top 2 teams up bottom 2 down at the end of 18 games. If for some reason the season can't be completed but everyone has played each other at least once then the ladder stands. If everyone knows this before the year starts its fair and even for all. If there are any interruptions during the season finals will not determine the promotion. Rewarding clubs that are the most consistent over 18 games would make sense. If no interruptions then it reverts back to a standard finals series with the grand finalists being promoted.

Take it you haven’t actually read the proposal document.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Down the Hill » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:23 am

Some people on here and other "less credible" social media platforms are overlooking one of the key issues and that is the financial position of the league caused by the last 2 seasons. Reduced calls last year due to a shorter season. Less finals income this year due to no home finals and the $1000 that clubs pay to host finals. That's alot of money over the first 3 weeks of finals across 7 Divisions. Club calls for 2022 may already need to be increased disproportionate to previous increases let alone any further increase for 2023 if 2022 is again compromised due to COVID. The options being presented are at least geared towards playing a full final series.

But the big question that many clubs will want further information about is how State Government's will react to COVID cases when the significant majority of the population are fully vaccinated which hopefully they are come April next year. Other parts of the world are returning to normal activity (possibly foolishly - time will tell) based on vaccination rates so it would be handy to know if lockdowns are still a real situation in 2022. New Zealand has gone into full lockdown based on one case in Auckland (now another 4) . I think I read they are only 17% fully vaccinated. Would they have done that if they were 70% plus?

The age of the community sport cohort will be one of the most challenging to get vaccinated so it will be interesting if any conditions could be placed on leagues and clubs eg. no vaccination = no play. Interesting times.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:38 am

Down the Hill wrote:But the big question that society at large will want further information about is how State Government's will react to COVID cases when the significant majority of the population are fully vaccinated which hopefully they are come April next year. Other parts of the world are returning to normal activity (possibly foolishly - time will tell) based on vaccination rates so it would be handy to know if lockdowns are still a real situation in 2022.

Fixed that for you
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby JesseWhite » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:42 am

jo172 wrote:
Down the Hill wrote:But the big question that society at large will want further information about is how State Government's will react to COVID cases when the significant majority of the population are fully vaccinated which hopefully they are come April next year. Other parts of the world are returning to normal activity (possibly foolishly - time will tell) based on vaccination rates so it would be handy to know if lockdowns are still a real situation in 2022.

Fixed that for you

Surely if the majority of the population is vaccinated and our health care system is protected, then they cant put us into lockdowns? That's literally the point of lockdowns and restrictions at the moment.
JesseWhite
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:52 am

Would be foolish to think there wont be some sort of stipulation around vaccinated for community sport next year.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:53 am

Down the Hill wrote:Some people on here and other "less credible" social media platforms are overlooking one of the key issues and that is the financial position of the league caused by the last 2 seasons..

Yeah but what about little Timmy who misses out on his couple hundred dollars extra on a weekend from match payments waa waa waa :P
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:59 am

JesseWhite wrote:
jo172 wrote:

Fixed that for you

Surely if the majority of the population is vaccinated and our health care system is protected, then they cant put us into lockdowns? That's literally the point of lockdowns and restrictions at the moment.

Mark McGowan is still proposing COVID zero post 80% vaccination.

There's a reasonable concern that there's no political will to transition to living with it at an acceptable level of risk.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:01 am

Wrong thread, but I suspect COVID zero will be the approach until the next Federal election. Too much political risk if it escalates in the mean time. Following the election the band aid will be ripped off.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:14 am

jo172 wrote:Wrong thread, but I suspect COVID zero will be the approach until the next Federal election. Too much political risk if it escalates in the mean time. Following the election the band aid will be ripped off.

Excuse my ignorance, but what's COVID zero?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby jo172 » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:17 am

The Bedge wrote:
jo172 wrote:Wrong thread, but I suspect COVID zero will be the approach until the next Federal election. Too much political risk if it escalates in the mean time. Following the election the band aid will be ripped off.

Eliminating it.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:26 am

The Bedge wrote:

Sugar Free Covid.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Hector » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:18 pm

The 14 + 3 proposal seems to go against the reason for reducing to 8 team divisions. If going to have 17 games, why not keep the 10 team divisions with 18 games? I wouldn't have thought 1 week really gives that much flexibility? Especially if sticking with a 4 week top 5 finals series. Wouldn't a straight 14 week minor round and a 3 week top 4 finals series be the best flexible option?
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:28 pm

Hi all. Whilst the document attached has been released with all General Committee Documents (League Delegates), The Update distribution list is now included.

- Please read the attachment relevant to 2022 carefully.
- All clubs would do well to prepare a list of questions or observation and forward to the League to be addressed in an orderly fashion.
- Please do not knee jerk. It needs to be acknowledged that neither The League Executive or I are bolted onto any Option than the other as much as being bolted to having clear direction of 1, 2 or 3 (or other) and those reasons will be discussed at the General Committee Meeting.
- The League Executive and I are committed to a thorough Consultation period ending 1st of October 2021.
- As a high priority, I will be making myself available to meet with any Delegate and or Club President to meet face to face to discuss any concerns, alternative solutions or variations to 1, 2 or 3 currently not identified.
- Clearly I can not meet every club after hours however I will come to any workplace, coffee shop or park bench to discuss during the day.
- Alternatively, I can meet via ZOOM with League Delegates and Members of your own Club Committees after hours.

Attachment:
8 Team Competitions 2022 Final.pdf
(406.36 KiB) Downloaded 95 times
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League