COVID-19

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Re: COVID-19

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:44 pm

Hector wrote:The 14 + 3 proposal seems to go against the reason for reducing to 8 team divisions. If going to have 17 games, why not keep the 10 team divisions with 18 games? I wouldn't have thought 1 week really gives that much flexibility? Especially if sticking with a 4 week top 5 finals series. Wouldn't a straight 14 week minor round and a 3 week top 4 finals series be the best flexible option?

The +3 is only there as option if there are no cases in the first 14 weeks, and it appeared it would be relatively risk free to continue the season.

If there was risk, they'd go straight into finals, having every club already played each other twice.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Hector wrote:The 14 + 3 proposal seems to go against the reason for reducing to 8 team divisions. If going to have 17 games, why not keep the 10 team divisions with 18 games? I wouldn't have thought 1 week really gives that much flexibility? Especially if sticking with a 4 week top 5 finals series. Wouldn't a straight 14 week minor round and a 3 week top 4 finals series be the best flexible option?

You've possibly mis-read the document luv (or maybe not at all ;) )

Option 2 – If un-interrupted, a fixture can be extended to 17 Rounds which can be reduced if required as well as a 4 week Finals series which is subject to change i.e. Lockdowns and adopt a previously used format for an 8 Team AdFL competition in 2019 as described
 The Top 4 teams in each division would play each other once in Rounds 15, 16 & 17
o No team can lose its position in the top 4, only their rank within in it.
 The Bottom 4 Teams would play each other once in Rounds 15, 16 & 17
o Continue to play for 5th position if applicable
 Assessing competition integrity can be established in tranches of 7, 10, 14 or 17 rounds
o The top 5 play off in the finals over 4 weeks unless weeks are lost due to suspension of season.
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Hector » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:03 pm

You've possibly mis-read the document luv (or maybe not at all ;) )

Correct. I relied on the information I was reading on here. Didn't realise the forum would be filled with incomplete information and slight mistruths ;)
Hector
Rookie

Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby Brodlach » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:50 pm

Hector wrote:You've possibly mis-read the document luv (or maybe not at all ;) )

Correct. I relied on the information I was reading on here. Didn't realise the forum would be filled with incomplete information and slight mistruths ;)

This forum is based on incomplete information and slight mistruths ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4207 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Hector wrote:You've possibly mis-read the document luv (or maybe not at all ;) )

:lol: That'll learn ya :lol:

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Postby Executive Member » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:55 pm

Footy Chick wrote:

still more credibility than some :D
Executive Member
Veteran

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 140 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:03 pm

Executive Member wrote:
Footy Chick wrote:

still more credibility than some :D

:lol: Very true!

Footy Chick

Postby The Bedge » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:19 pm

Brodlach wrote:This forum is based on incomplete information and slight mistruths ;)

Turn it up! 8)
The Bedge
Coach

Postby S Demon » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:28 am

From today's Advertiser..

"It's the light at the end of the tunnel we're all hoping for. South Australia's chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier has provided the greatest insights yet into how life will look in the state when we reach an 80 per cent vaccination rate and when this should occur. Prof Spurrier outlined the pathway out of Covid during an exclusive live Q&A with journalist Andrew Hough on Advertiser.com.au on Wednesday. She's earmarked Christmas as a date by which "hideous" lockdowns and border closures can end for South Australians, with current projections showing the state will reach an 80 per cent vaccination rate by then. Not surprisingly, her comments have been welcomed by the state's business leaders. Prof Spurrier has flagged there are things we will continue to live with beyond this point, most notably the use of face masks."
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:30 am

S Demon wrote:From today's Advertiser..

"It's the light at the end of the tunnel we're all hoping for. South Australia's chief public health officer Professor Nicola Spurrier has provided the greatest insights yet into how life will look in the state when we reach an 80 per cent vaccination rate and when this should occur. Prof Spurrier outlined the pathway out of Covid during an exclusive live Q&A with journalist Andrew Hough on Advertiser.com.au on Wednesday. She's earmarked Christmas as a date by which "hideous" lockdowns and border closures can end for South Australians, with current projections showing the state will reach an 80 per cent vaccination rate by then. Not surprisingly, her comments have been welcomed by the state's business leaders. Prof Spurrier has flagged there are things we will continue to live with beyond this point, most notably the use of face masks."

So there going to slip face masks in as a 'forever' thing...…….

Could see that coming a mile away.

Going to be fun in summer wearing one all day every day.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:35 am

whufc wrote:

The tan lines.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

The tan lines.

I wont be talking to any **** over summer. I'm over it...…...hate the things. At least ill save a heap of money because ill never go out :) :) :)
whufc
Coach

Postby S Demon » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:36 am

whufc wrote:

Q Where do you think we will need to wear masks in future?
A - Well, if you think about it logically it’s when you’re going out in public spaces and you’re mixing with other people that you don’t know. So, generally, what we’re doing at the moment.

Q What’s the time frame?
A - I think it’ll be longer-term rather than shorter and it’s because of the risk in NSW. If we didn’t have that risk, we wouldn’t be needing masks.

Q How much longer for masks in schools?
A - I just can’t give you a definitive answer. We’ve got such a big risk interstate. There’s many schools that have been impacted, so it’s very clear that this can be transmitted quickly among students. I actually think young people are pretty sensible and … resilient, and I think they’ve just got on with what they need to do.
S Demon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 370 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby jo172 » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:38 am

Genuinely find the anti-mask thing odd (admittedly I don't wear glasses)

Grand scheme of things a reasonably minor inconvenience relative to every other shitty thing that we've been forced to put up with for 18 months. If keeping the masks in certain situations gets rid of those things sooner sign me up.

I'd hope we loosen it a bit for the seemingly lower risk situations (i.e taking it off to drink your pint, putting it back on to order your next one). But honestly, if we keep them full time for visiting hospitals and obviously higher risk situations it would appear to me as a genuinely good thing.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:24 am

jo172 wrote:Genuinely find the anti-mask thing odd (admittedly I don't wear glasses)

Grand scheme of things a reasonably minor inconvenience relative to every other shitty thing that we've been forced to put up with for 18 months. If keeping the masks in certain situations gets rid of those things sooner sign me up.

I'd hope we loosen it a bit for the seemingly lower risk situations (i.e taking it off to drink your pint, putting it back on to order your next one). But honestly, if we keep them full time for visiting hospitals and obviously higher risk situations it would appear to me as a genuinely good thing.

Its just administration controls for the sake of administration controls and 'ticking' boxes.

Look at the last big breakout in SA, pretty much all came from the Greek Restaurant and the winery, two places where masks would not have been worn anyway due to everyone eating and drinking.

You put in this control but then allow people to sit at the footy in a crowd of 15k+ with no masks provided they have a drink or pie in the hand.

We have the controls yet the minute you enter a nightclub you don't have to wear them again...….as has been told to me by all the youngins I work with based on their Adelaide experiences.

You can go to Woolies and still rifle your hands through all the fruit and veg. You can go to the doctors sit on a waiting chair, go see the doctor and the chairs aren't being cleaned between users.

Hey you can come to my gym, wear one in our in foyer and café area yet the second you get in the gym to start breathing heavy and sweating you can take it off. Pretty much the environments you really need people wearing a mask they don't have to.

Make sure your wearing your masks for health reasons unless your a smoker then that's fine choof all day and you don't have to wear a mask.

They just keep changing the goal posts. Originally it was to flatten the curve, then there is covid zero and now its we need to do this because of the other states situations. Just getting over it, its like there hanging on to every bit of control....lets see how they move the goal posts around the vaccine numbers. What odds on sportsbet that when we get to 80% they will talk about it needing to get to 90% before things can change.
Last edited by whufc on Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:41 am

Shut the **** up you whinging **** 8) :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:52 am

The Bedge wrote:Shut the **** up you whinging **** 8) :lol:

I'm in a bad ******* mood and I cant take it out on my staff at work, so you lot will have to ******* do :evil: :evil: ;) :lol:
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:07 am

whufc wrote:

I'm in a bad ******* mood and I cant take it out on my staff at work, so you lot will have to ******* do

Put a face mask on and yell into that. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:07 am

You like wearing masks so you can slow down the intake into your pie mulcher :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:09 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

You like wearing masks so you can slow down the intake into your pie mulcher :lol: :lol:

You're a fool if you think that slows me down haha!

Only real positive i've found of the mask so far is it keeps my face warm on cold mornings/evenings :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League