International ODIs

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: International ODIs

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:25 pm

Fair analysis.

I think we as a group have to work out are these failures because we're not putting them in the spots or because they are plain poop?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:26 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:T20 series v West Indies-
Marsh- Excellent
Hazlewood, Zampa- Above average
Tye- Pass
Finch, Christian, Swepson, Meredith- Below average
Henriques, Wade, Turner, Starc, Behrendorff- Fail
Philippe, McDermott- Big Fail
Screenshot_20210810-125229_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210810-125259_Chrome.jpg

Our man failed :(
Yeah got a good T20 tour for him unfortunately, can't see retaining his spot for the WC.

I was referring to Doof Doof
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:32 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Yep, I'll check with Rose and see when the board room is free. I want a full dossier on each players performance over the two recent tours.

A couple of Forum Poster Killers I took from last night's performance:

Dan does well at 3 so he opens, why?
Hazelwood has been our sole consistent seamer so we sit him out?
We went in with one seamer, he's only played one match too, were we taking the piss? But still, the bowling wasn't the problem.
I don't think we genuinely were trying to win, not the players, I don't think they would try any less than 100%, our team looks like a decent BBL team at best.

On a positive note, it was good to see McDermott at 4, I'd sooner him at 5 though with Mitch at 4.

I'll be interested to here why Christian was promoted to open, in a small interview on Sunday he said (when asked about being promoted to batting 3) he got out there and 'literally tried to hit everything'. Maybe the plan was the same?

As for the bowling line up obviously the Aussies thought going with just the one seamer is all they needed in those conditions and that's fair enough I reckon, Ellis still has some good figures and like we've said the bowling isn't the issue. You'd think in the World Cup Zampa, Swepson and Agar are a good chance to all play together in multiple matches.

62 is Australia's lowest T20I total, the previous lowest is 79 against England in 2005.
The Aussies faced 82 deliveries in their innings, the fewest balls Australia has ever faced in an all out innings in international cricket.
An overall RPO of 5.85 for both teams in the series is the lowest RPO in a bilateral T20I series.
Shakib Al Hasan is the second bowler behind Malinga to take 100 T20I wickets. He's also the first man to do the 1000 runs/100 wickets double in T20I's.

Maybe there's the nucleus there, let's build around it. Personally I'd like to fast-track Sangha or get Gary over there for some variation.

On top of them 3 we need one genuine strike bowler, a medium paced bowling all-rounder and the same bat a batting all-rounder.

1: Warner
2: Wade/Philippe
3: Smith
4: M.Marsh
5: McDermott
6:
7: Moises/Dan/Stoinis
8: Agar
9: Swepson
10: Zampa
11: Hazelwood

As much as I love the guy I just can't pick Carey on current form.

I know Philippe hasn't fired a shot yet but he'd give us that left/right opening partnership that I like, he might not be up to it either though from what we've seen.

Either way, I can't see us winning the WC unless there's some individual heroics.

Yeah I couldn't pick Carey at the moment either, for now Wade retains his place as the keeper IMO.

Philippe hasn't showed that he is up to international at the moment while Turner and Henriques shouldn't be picked in the World Cup squad.

If Finch is fit he will open with Warner IMO and Maxwell is straight in if available.

I'd go-
Finch
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Wade
Christian/Stoinis
Agar
Swepson
Zampa
Hazlewood

McDermott, Starc, Tye would be others in my squad, I'm not sure how many guys they'll take?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:33 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:T20 series v West Indies-
Marsh- Excellent
Hazlewood, Zampa- Above average
Tye- Pass
Finch, Christian, Swepson, Meredith- Below average
Henriques, Wade, Turner, Starc, Behrendorff- Fail
Philippe, McDermott- Big Fail
Screenshot_20210810-125229_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210810-125259_Chrome.jpg

Our man failed :(
Yeah got a good T20 tour for him unfortunately, can't see retaining his spot for the WC.

I was referring to Doof Doof
Behrendorff? That's who I was talking about.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:Fair analysis.

I think we as a group have to work out are these failures because we're not putting them in the spots or because they are plain poop?
Maybe a combination of that, not adjusting or adapting to the conditions and just not being up to international standard?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 10, 2021 3:15 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Yeah I couldn't pick Carey at the moment either, for now Wade retains his place as the keeper IMO.

Philippe hasn't showed that he is up to international at the moment while Turner and Henriques shouldn't be picked in the World Cup squad.

If Finch is fit he will open with Warner IMO and Maxwell is straight in if available.

I'd go-
Finch
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Wade
Christian/Stoinis
Agar
Swepson
Zampa
Hazlewood

McDermott, Starc, Tye would be others in my squad, I'm not sure how many guys they'll take?

Shit, I totally forgot about Maxwell, there's the alternative spinner too.

As much as I'd rather Finch be moved on, we simply have no other option.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:31 pm

My team

Warner
Finch
Marnus/Smith (pick 1 as the anchor role)
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
SOK because I dislike Agar immensely
Cummins
Zampa
Starc
Swepson /Hazlewood/ k/j Richardson (depending on pitch)
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:58 pm

Armchair expert wrote:My team

Warner
Finch
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
Cummins
Zampa
Starc
I forgot about both Richardson's, I read today that both of them, Smith, Warner, Maxwell, Stoinis and Sams are expected to return to the resuming IPL next month and use it as a tune up heading towards the World Cup.
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:27 am

Armchair expert wrote:My team

Warner
Finch
Marsh
Maxwell
Inglis
Cummins
Zampa
Starc

ODI or T20?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:04 pm

Australia have named their T20 World Cup Squad-
Aaron Finch (c)
Ashton Agar
Pat Cummins (vc)
Josh Hazlewood
Josh Inglis
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Kane Richardson
Steve Smith
Mitchell Starc
Marcus Stoinis
Mitchell Swepson
Matthew Wade
David Warner
Adam Zampa
Travelling reserves- Dan Christian, Nathan Ellis and Daniel Sams.

So the uncapped Inglis comes in, Cummins Maxwell, Richardson, Smith, Stoinis and Warner are back and there's no room for Carey, Henriques, McDermott, Phillippe, Turner, Behrendorff, Meredith, Jhye Richardson and Tye.

IMO the right selection calls have been made as none of the guys who weren't selected deserve a spot.

@Armchair expert Gets it right with his Inglis call!
Last edited by The Dark Knight on Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:35 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Australia have named their T20 World Cup Squad-
Aaron Finch (c)
Ashton Agar
Pat Cummins (vc)
Josh Hazlewood
Josh Inglis
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Kane Richardson
Steve Smith
Mitchell Starc
Marcus Stoinis
Mitchell Swepson
Matthew Wade
David Warner
Adam Zampa

So the uncapped Inglis comes in, Cummins Maxwell, Richardson, Smith, Stoinis and Warner are back and there's no room for Carey, Henriques, McDermott, Phillippe, Turner, Behrendorff, Jhye Richardson and Tye.

IMO the right selection calls have been made as none of the guys who weren't selected deserve a spot.

Inglis is an odd one, would've thought he would've spent time with the team for one of the recent tours, I'm just glad Labuschagne didn't get a gig.

I'd also prefer to see the arse end Finch but you watch him have a stellar WC campaign to justify this selection.

Behrendorff and Jhye are the only two that missed out that would've come into consideration for mine.

At least it gives us critics something to work with :lol:

Finch
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Stoinis
Wade
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Zampa

That's how I see them starting, Agar is a favourite son of the selectors, personally I'd swap him for either Hazlewood or Swepson, depending on the wicket.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:39 pm

Already looks heaps better with Smith, Warner and Maxwell being genuine world class bats, whilst Finch, Stoinis and Marsh having the ability to perform to a world class standard 'on their day'
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:02 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Australia have named their T20 World Cup Squad-
Aaron Finch (c)
Ashton Agar
Pat Cummins (vc)
Josh Hazlewood
Josh Inglis
Mitchell Marsh
Glenn Maxwell
Kane Richardson
Steve Smith
Mitchell Starc
Marcus Stoinis
Mitchell Swepson
Matthew Wade
David Warner
Adam Zampa

So the uncapped Inglis comes in, Cummins Maxwell, Richardson, Smith, Stoinis and Warner are back and there's no room for Carey, Henriques, McDermott, Phillippe, Turner, Behrendorff, Jhye Richardson and Tye.

Inglis is an odd one, would've thought he would've spent time with the team for one of the recent tours, I'm just glad Labuschagne didn't get a gig.

I'd also prefer to see the arse end Finch but you watch him have a stellar WC campaign to justify this selection.

Behrendorff and Jhye are the only two that missed out that would've come into consideration for mine.

At least it gives us critics something to work with [emoji38]

Finch
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Maxwell
Stoinis
Wade
Agar
Starc
Cummins
Zampa

That's how I see them starting, Agar is a favourite son of the selectors, personally I'd swap him for either Hazlewood or Swepson, depending on the wicket.

That's almost the team I picked a few weeks ago and you'd think they'd go with that team or similar, chopping and changing the bowlers to suit conditions and match ups.

I think the selectors were pretty keen to get Inglis into the Australian set up and not just into the T20 team, he's perhaps the one to watch for the future.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:10 pm

whufc wrote:Already looks heaps better with Smith, Warner and Maxwell being genuine world class bats, whilst Finch, Stoinis and Marsh having the ability to perform to a world class standard 'on their day'
Finch is world class in T20I cricket along with Smith, Warner and Maxwell.
He currently has the forth most T20I runs (the current most for Australia and from less matches than Warner), has the highest average of the guys you mentioned and the second highest strike rate and second most hundreds behind Maxwell and the second most fifties behind Warner.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:54 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
whufc wrote:Already looks heaps better with Smith, Warner and Maxwell being genuine world class bats, whilst Finch, Stoinis and Marsh having the ability to perform to a world class standard 'on their day'
He currently has the forth most T20I runs (the current most for Australia and from less matches than Warner), has the highest average of the guys you mentioned and the second highest strike rate and second most hundreds behind Maxwell and the second most fifties behind Warner.

Looking at his form over the past 37 matches he has amassed 953 runs at an average 28.

Take out his lean period where he managed 75 runs in 10 appearances and that average becomes 36.6.

In his last 22 matches he has only scored under 30 seven times, 17, 14, 0, 1, 12, 4 & 6 (the 0, 1 & 12 were in succession and then the 4 & 6 were too after three decent knocks in between).

I don't mind copping a flick on the pecker when I'm wrong, I'm obviously being a tad harsh and remembering the failures moreso than the triumphs, I guess his dimsal BBL form stuck out a bit too much.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:56 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Looking at his form over the past 37 matches he has amassed 953 runs at an average 28.

Take out his lean period where he managed 75 runs in 10 appearances and that average becomes 36.6.

In his last 22 matches he has only scored under 30 seven times, 17, 14, 0, 1, 12, 4 & 6 (the 0, 1 & 12 were in succession and then the 4 & 6 were too after three decent knocks in between).

I don't mind copping a flick on the pecker when I'm wrong, I'm obviously being a tad harsh and remembering the failures moreso than the triumphs, I guess his dimsal BBL form stuck out a bit too much.

Great analysis mate!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:53 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Yeah I don't follow T20 close enough so happy to upgrade Finch.

Much better side with no excuses to not perform well.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Dark Knight » Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:47 pm

New Zealand has started there 5 match T20 series against Bangladesh in Bangladesh.
I noticed it's been lived streamed on YouTube by Rabbitholebd Sports and unlike the Australian series you don't need to change your VPN to view it.

Australia obviously struggled there and and Kiwis are picking up from where Australia finished, they have been rolled for just 60 in 16.5 overs.

Like Australia, NZ are without a large group of first choice players for the series- Guptill, Williamson, Conway, Neesham, Southee, Boult, Jamieson, Santner and Sodhi, so it's basically New Zealand A playing the series.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:06 pm

"The BLACKCAPS are abandoning their tour of Pakistan following a New Zealand government security alert"
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 pm

Armchair expert wrote:"The BLACKCAPS are abandoning their tour of Pakistan following a New Zealand government security alert"
10 minutes before the first game
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket