Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby am Bays » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:32 pm

Booney wrote:818 in NSW.

Pfizer #1 in Boon.

Baa....
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Trader » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:03 pm

SA to start 'at home' quarantine trials.
People that would normally go to a medi hotel are now being allowed to do their 14 days at home.

While I think this is a good step long term, as we can't continue to have medi hotels forever, I struggle to see how introducing this step is in line with everything else we are being told, ie: the virus is a massive issue, we need to be hypervigilant, we can't have 25k at the footy, you need to wear masks, etc.

If things were as bad as they are telling us, now wouldn't be the time to start this new trial!
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:16 pm

Pfizer #1 in Boon.

Harden up big fella
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tigerpie » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:19 pm

Pfizer #1 in Boon.

Same. Had mine yesty.
Apart from a hell sore arm, no other side effects, except a hankering for satay chicken.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby laser » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:26 pm

I've had Pfizer x 2. Bit of a fever on the first one, sore arm and hungry on the second. (but I'm hungry most of the time)
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby dole-bludger36 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:01 pm

Trader wrote:SA to start 'at home' quarantine trials.
People that would normally go to a medi hotel are now being allowed to do their 14 days at home.

While I think this is a good step long term, as we can't continue to have medi hotels forever, I struggle to see how introducing this step is in line with everything else we are being told, ie: the virus is a massive issue, we need to be hypervigilant, we can't have 25k at the footy, you need to wear masks, etc.

If things were as bad as they are telling us, now wouldn't be the time to start this new trial!

Won't end well :oops:
dole-bludger36
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby stan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:24 pm

Trader wrote:SA to start 'at home' quarantine trials.

Clearly can't be that bad. Obviously there is no chance of catching the virus for our transport personnel.

If it is as bad as they are saying and that's a bit if, then there will be a leak as soon as one of the quarantined people decide to head out just for a quick set.

Absolute load of crap, it's either a problem or is not.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:44 pm

I think the problem would more be people visiting the house, you can chuck an ankle bracelet on those who need to "isolate" but can't stop people coming over.
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:50 pm

Armchair expert wrote:I think the problem would more be people visiting the house, you can chuck an ankle bracelet on those who need to "isolate" but can't stop people coming over.
My understanding is that there will be significant police presence and use of cameras and even drones
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Armchair expert » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:54 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Armchair expert wrote:I think the problem would more be people visiting the house, you can chuck an ankle bracelet on those who need to "isolate" but can't stop people coming over.
My understanding is that there will be significant police presence and use of cameras and even drones

I'd rather stay in a medi hotel
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby tipper » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:55 pm

Jim05 wrote:
I believe the app they will be required to use involves random checkins too.

App goes off, person has X minutes to acknowlege app, and i wouldnt be surprised if the acknowledgement includes a gps reading of persons location at the time.

I think its good. Vast majority of people will be doing te right thing, this frees up resources to focus on the minority that arent

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
tipper
League - Top 5

Has liked: 359 times
Been liked: 531 times
Grassroots Team: Peake

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:12 pm

My parents, who had returned from Qld and were very low risk, had to home quarantine for 10 days, they had 2 police visits during that period.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby stan » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:31 pm

tipper wrote:
Jim05 wrote:
I believe the app they will be required to use involves random checkins too.

App goes off, person has X minutes to acknowlege app, and i wouldnt be surprised if the acknowledgement includes a gps reading of persons location at the time.

I think its good. Vast majority of people will be doing te right thing, this frees up resources to focus on the minority that arent

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Let's see how it goes. I reckon it will cause a blow up. As it's been said, people coming over for a visit.

Some will do the right thing and some won't and if this is as bad as they are saying then it won't end well.
Last edited by stan on Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
stan
Coach

Postby Gozu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:39 pm

On the face of it it seems an odd decision to make virtually guaranteeing the infected will be quarantining in a medi-hotel vs taking a chance some will slip back out into the community.

Cuts costs and we know Miss Nicola loves a lockdown so once the first clown slips out of their home to go to the pub she will slap a lockdown on the state plus checking up on the quarantining folks at home gives the coppers something to do too. They win, we lose.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 659 times

Postby stan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:13 am

ScMo is saying that once we hit 70-80% vaccinated then it will be the end of lockdowns and we will be opening up the country.

Lol, not sure if he has noticed but the power hungry state premiers and health officers have disbanded the Federation. The PM has no say in when the country opens up.

There is no chance the former state of Western Australia opens up to anybody.
stan
Coach

Postby stan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:14 am

Gozu wrote:On the face of it it seems an odd decision to make virtually guaranteeing the infected will be quarantining in a medi-hotel vs taking a chance some will slip back out into the community.

Cuts costs and we know Miss Nicola loves a lockdown so once the first clown slips out of their home to go to the pub she will slap a lockdown on the state plus checking up on the quarantining folks at home gives the coppers something to do too. They win, we lose.
Oh yes Miss Nicola probably has the lockdown speech ready to go.

Let's have that circuit breaker.

Let's get some odds going on how long it goes before we get locked down.
stan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:12 am

50 new cases for Victoria today, not good news that 39 were out in the community when infectious.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2021 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby whufc » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 am

Whether we like it or not I think the minority element against lockdowns / vaccinations have taken a stand.

Not sure they can reign it back in now...….the tide has well and truly turned.

Reckon its crazy for us to trial home quarantines given the problems interstate which was why we lockdown after only a few cases and why we are still wearing masks.

Almost like the state government want us to go back into lockdown.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:53 am

stan wrote:ScMo is saying that once we hit 70-80% vaccinated then it will be the end of lockdowns and we will be opening up the country.

Lol, not sure if he has noticed but the power hungry state premiers and health officers have disbanded the Federation. The PM has no say in when the country opens up.

There is no chance the former state of Western Australia opens up to anybody.

Feds control the money. They'll stop support payments and then all of a sudden the masses will tell the states to open up.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion