Mitchell Park
4%
OSB/Lonsdale
2%

Total votes : 55

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby hollywood7477 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:Ok.. i'll say it..

The dude sounds like a dick. He sounds like he's milking this for all it's worth.

Sure he shouldn't have got hit but **** me dead it looked like a palm to the face at best - at worst a short arm jab.

Sure it dropped him - but not before he threw his head back, and twisted his body around so the umpire noticed.. then laid on the ground like he was dead until it was dealt with.. gets up and strolls over the umpires un-aided to throw his thoughts in then wanders off in the arms of the trainer staggering around.

Do I condone the action of Kerhsaw? No of course not.. but **** me dead, this is a bit of a beat up.

The runner needs to harden up!! Yep what Kershaw did was uncalled for, no matter what the runner was gobbing off about but to file a complaint to the police is pretty poor. Kershaw has been dealt with by the league. Move on!! Runner after his 5 minutes of fame!!
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 71 times

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:33 pm

The Bedge wrote:this is a bit of a beat up.

Correct, the runner got beaten up so has naturally notified the police.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:40 pm

Trader wrote:
The Bedge wrote:this is a bit of a beat up.

Correct, the runner got beaten up so has naturally notified the police.

:lol: guess we have different views on what constitutes "beaten up"
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:36 pm

Whether he belted him or slapped him is irrelevant.
Don’t touch an umpire or an official.
Surely a runner falls under the ‘official’ category
Blokes a peanut and deserves what penalty he got from the tribunal.

What the runner chooses to do with a police report from here is no one’s business but his.
Last edited by amber_fluid on Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby oldman » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:17 pm

Absolutely disgraceful behaviour. No place for this and anyone who thinks otherwise or is trying to defend this action in anyway should take a good hard look at themselves. I think it's brilliant that there is video footage of this incident as this takes all the doubt over what really happened out of it. Any person who physically abuses a official should be banned for life.
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:43 pm

amber_fluid wrote:What the runner chooses to do with a police report from here is no one’s business but his and the media’s.

Fixed that for you :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Demon Juke » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:08 pm

The dude sounds like a dick. He sounds like he's milking this for all it's worth.

Sure he shouldn't have got hit but **** me dead it looked like a palm to the face at best - at worst a short arm jab.

Sure it dropped him - but not before he threw his head back, and twisted his body around so the umpire noticed.. then laid on the ground like he was dead until it was dealt with.. gets up and strolls over the umpires un-aided to throw his thoughts in then wanders off in the arms of the trainer staggering around.

Do I condone the action of Kerhsaw? No of course not.. but **** me dead, this is a bit of a beat up.

Don't condone what the player did, should never touch a offical. Has the runner be banned for his conduct before the indecent as it alleged he had plenty to say to players and officials of the units through the game. Was Lutheran coach one who got 6 games at the tribunal last night (2 suspended) and if it was does he have to coach from of the oval now?
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:12 pm

Demon Juke wrote:

Don't condone what the player did, should never touch a offical. Has the runner be banned for his conduct before the indecent as it alleged he had plenty to say to players and officials of the units through the game. Was Lutheran coach one who got 6 games at the tribunal last night (2 suspended) and if it was does he have to coach from of the oval now?

The game was 3 minutes old when the incident happened….
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:32 am

It's funny how people will always try and find an excuse to make it be ok for someone to strike another person. Who cares if the bloke was gobbing off and talking crap all day. Ignore it and play footy. How many times during a game do players have people talking crap about them. It's just words. If you're going to allow those words to affect you to the point you wanna punch the bloke in the head. Or open palm slap to the head. Then you better be prepared to suffer the consequences that may follow and own it.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:42 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:It's funny how people will always try and find an excuse to make it be ok for someone to strike another person.

I have quite literally NOT seen ONE comment where someone has condoned or justified his actions.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:48 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:It's funny how people will always try and find an excuse to make it be ok for someone to strike another person.

I have quite literally NOT seen ONE comment where someone has condoned or justified his actions.

So even though people say they don't condone his behaviour one bit. But then go on to say he shouldn't have been gobbing off or he's a bit of a d#@khead or the runner needs to harden up. End of the day striking someone because of words spoken isnt appropriate behaviour in today's game and blokes need to have thicker skin. No matter the opinion of the bloke who's being a d@#khead.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:54 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

So even though people say they don't condone his behaviour one bit. But then go on to say he shouldn't have been gobbing off or he's a bit of a d#@khead or the runner needs to harden up. End of the day striking someone because of words spoken isnt appropriate behaviour in today's game and blokes need to have thicker skin. No matter the opinion of the bloke who's being a d@#khead.

Yes, that's right.. you're getting the gist of it now, except no one is justifying the hit.

End of the day it takes two to tango.

Kershaw was out of line, did the wrong thing, duly punished - and copped fair bit in the media and from those who comment - as a result.
Umpire did not need to gob off, whether to Kerhsaw or anyone else.. **** me dead just do your role instead of being an antagonist.. especially considering he used to be an umpire FFS!
Umpire showed genuine flog behaviour IMO by continuing to milk it for all it's worth with the charges.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby old#5 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:11 pm

If incidents between players and officials are held to a higher standard then the way they conduct themselves should be at a higher standard. The runners job is to deliver a message to "their player" and then leave the field.

He is not to interfere with opposition players. The fact that he was that close to him in the first place raises questions about his conduct on the day.
old#5
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Yes, that's right.. you're getting the gist of it now, except no one is justifying the hit.

End of the day it takes two to tango.

Kershaw was out of line, did the wrong thing, duly punished - and copped fair bit in the media and from those who comment - as a result.
Umpire did not need to gob off, whether to Kerhsaw or anyone else.. **** me dead just do your role instead of being an antagonist.. especially considering he used to be an umpire FFS!
Umpire showed genuine flog behaviour IMO by continuing to milk it for all it's worth with the charges.

Umpire or runner?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Whoops Runner haha had umpire in my head coz he used to be one
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:29 pm

The Bedge wrote:Whoops Runner haha had umpire in my head coz he used to be one

Twice LOL.

I bet you was pounding the keyboard with your fingers as you typed too!!
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:04 pm

old#5 wrote:If incidents between players and officials are held to a higher standard then the way they conduct themselves should be at a higher standard. The runners job is to deliver a message to "their player" and then leave the field.

He is not to interfere with opposition players. The fact that he was that close to him in the first place raises questions about his conduct on the day.

Fair dinkum if you get so set off that you whack a runner inside the first 3-4 minutes of a game then you have to question more than the runners conduct. It’s not like it’s been brewing for a period of time…
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times

Postby Robb_Stark » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:13 pm

i would of found a smarter way to take that runner out the guy got sucked in and caught on camera smart footballers don't get caught
Robb_Stark
League - Best 21

Been liked: 155 times

Postby Bluedemon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:05 pm

Preliminary Finals
Friday 3rd September
Kilburn Oval

Div 7 Reserves - Adelaide Lutheran v Brahma Lodge - 6:00pm
Div 7 - Greenacres v Brahma Lodge - 8:00pm

St Marys Park
Div 7 Reserves - Central United v Flinders University - 6:00pm
Div 7 - Central United v Adelaide Lutheran - 8:00pm

Saturday 4th September
Largs Reserves

Port Districts v Lockleys - 10:15am

Ground - TBA
Modbury v Adelaide University - 10:15am
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times

Postby Demon Juke » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:51 pm

Couldn't the league just play the games on a Saturday at a ground without a fence and not worry about money, Not that hard up are they.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21

Has liked: 79 times
Been liked: 69 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League