Adelaide

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide 2021

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:53 pm

It would've better to see him come back so it isn't the last thing we remember of him.

Sadly he will drift off into the footy wilderness and we won't hear about him again, I think he had a wonderful media career ahead of him after football, that ship has now sailed.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby whufc » Thu Aug 26, 2021 1:57 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:It would've better to see him come back so it isn't the last thing we remember of him.

Sadly he will drift off into the footy wilderness and we won't hear about him again, I think he had a wonderful media career ahead of him after football, that ship has now sailed.

I reckon it would have went either way pending his form. If he came back and played really well then yeah maybe people would remember him for better reasons.

If he came back and spudded it up people would just look at it is being a consequence of the racism saga.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:01 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:It would've better to see him come back so it isn't the last thing we remember of him.

2-3 years off then he’ll slip into the media like Wayne Carey did
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Ronnie » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:11 pm

whufc wrote:Surely retiring.

Why at his age and where the Crows are at would he want to deal with the reintegration at the club, the inevitable boos, the constant reminders from the media.

Yeah he could come back kick a ton of goals and go out on a better note but nothing he does from now forward will make those forgot about the racial incident.

I'm sure the Crows aren't there with open arms either, for good reason they distanced themselves in the initial press conference and the club would have to be thinking do they need this added pressure to the playing group. Can you imagine next years first round draft pick in his first press conference being asked what the 'culture' 'relationships/friendships' are like at the crows with Walker now back. Its just a distraction a young playing group doesn't need.

Sometimes you need to stand by people, not abandon them, even if it is hard. I'm sure most of us have seen friends, basically good people, do the wrong thing, and people can melt away pretty quickly from their side. But it's part of the human condition, that people can stuff up.
That of course depends on whether or not Walker is remorseful and ready to go again and recognizes what has gone on here.
All of us may need to see a way back from a dark spot at some point in our lives. If you close that off then I can't see that helps anyone.
Ronnie
Reserves

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 84 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:19 pm

Well said Ronnie =D>

We are all human in the end
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:01 pm

Where do we watch said presser?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:03 pm

Not a retirement speech

Channel 9
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:08 pm

"when was the last time you made a racist remark before this incident?". There's the first f..kwit.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:21 pm

Why no Club attire?

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:21 pm

MW wrote:"when was the last time you made a racist remark before this incident?". There's the first f..kwit.

Yeah, I turned it off after that, what did he expect, Tex to start rattling off some jokes or reciting Kevin Bloody Wilson?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:21 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Why no Club attire?

Because.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:23 pm

As it should, you can see it’s taken a huge toll on him.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:27 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Why no Club attire?

It was in the wash
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:58 pm

Good on him for fronting up and you can see in that presser he is genuinely remorseful, much more powerful than the staged apology.

Lets hope some good comes out of this now.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby UK Fan » Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:30 pm

“When I first was pushed on this I was in denial, I panicked and I was scared and I thought about myself," Tex said.

"I let time go and I said to myself this is not about me, this is about Robbie and the Adelaide official and the pain that I caused to them and that's when I said I'm coming forward to own this and I want to get better for it."

So Tex Did deny The accusation initially. Silvers claimed “Tex owned it immediately” .

More deception from AFC it seems.
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:57 pm

UK Fan wrote:“When I first was pushed on this I was in denial, I panicked and I was scared and I thought about myself," Tex said.

"I let time go and I said to myself this is not about me, this is about Robbie and the Adelaide official and the pain that I caused to them and that's when I said I'm coming forward to own this and I want to get better for it."

So Tex Did deny The accusation initially. Silvers claimed “Tex owned it immediately” .

How the hell do you come up with that immediate line of conclusion? You can own it by admitting you have said it, however he’s clearly outlined that he’s had time to think on the effect of others rather than just protecting himself initially with his stupid and irresponsible actions. He’s lost a lot of respect from me over this, but you’re just trying to flip these words post event to further suit your point of view.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:20 am

What are peoples thoughts on the Crows not being clear as to whether he will be 'welcome' back next year.

Surely the Crows would know the answer to that by now...…...I mean internally they would be making decisions on the list next year.

Would it be fair to say the fact that they haven't come out and said that he will be welcomed back to the team for 2022 says his time there could very well be up. Or is it more of delaying tactic so that they cop 'less heat' when they welcome him back.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:39 am

whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the Crows not being clear as to whether he will be 'welcome' back next year.

Surely the Crows would know the answer to that by now...…...I mean internally they would be making decisions on the list next year.

Would it be fair to say the fact that they haven't come out and said that he will be welcomed back to the team for 2022 says his time there could very well be up. Or is it more of delaying tactic so that they cop 'less heat' when they welcome him back.

I don't think they'd know now, as he said judge him on his actions going forward, that's what,IMO, will decide if he's welcomed back or not.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:50 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:What are peoples thoughts on the Crows not being clear as to whether he will be 'welcome' back next year.

I don't think they'd know now, as he said judge him on his actions going forward, that's what,IMO, will decide if he's welcomed back or not.

That makes no sense...…

Off course his going to do the counselling sessions, off course his going to apologise to the team, off course his going to donate the money he was required to, off course his not going to make racist remarks again.

There not going to learn anything new in the next few months.....

I mean prior to the incident he was already involved in indigenous programs alongside Eddie Betts, so yeah he might get back involved in one of those projects but once again that's nothing new.

He was 'ticking all the right boxes' prior to the incident wasn't he.
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:47 am

LaughingKookaburra wrote:
UK Fan wrote:“When I first was pushed on this I was in denial, I panicked and I was scared and I thought about myself," Tex said.

How the hell do you come up with that immediate line of conclusion? You can own it by admitting you have said it, however he’s clearly outlined that he’s had time to think on the effect of others rather than just protecting himself initially with his stupid and irresponsible actions. He’s lost a lot of respect from me over this, but you’re just trying to flip these words post event to further suit your point of view.

You took the bait there mate.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL