Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Movies, TV Shows, Fringe, etc.

Re: Survivor: Season 22- Redemption Island *WITH SPOILERS*

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:53 am

cracka wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:George just keeps surviving - hope he wins as played great game and been very entertaining. Think Hayley might win though, she has also played great game. They now have 4-3 majority, but things change so quickly who knows how it ends up!

Very ballsy of Cara not to play the idol for him. He's playing a great game

No point playing the idol, if they had Hayley and Wai they had a 4-3-1 win, if they didn't, it was 4-2-2 and playing the idol for George would have sent Cara home anyway.

Sitting with a 4-3 lead right now is good, but there's every chance we still get another twist or two.
They'll target Andrew as he's a necklace threat, but after that don't be surprised that once it gets to 5, the 4 split into two twos and both try and grab the 1 as their third. George and Hayley will both know that's the others plan, and therefore could try and make the move even earlier.

As for the overall win, it will be interesting, IF she makes it, Hayley will have a fair old case to plead, however it will be interesting to see how the others view her second chance, this could still work against her.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:12 am

Been a good week. Probably one of the best on Aus Survivor atleast.
George just keeps surviving, weaving in and out. How he was allowed to know about every plan that lead into geralds being sent home is just a mystery and superb game play from George.

Emmett dug his own grave a bit with his pitch to Hayley and the final 5.

Apparently on a FB fan page, Andrew winning the immunity had a 2nd vote but it was edited out as it didnt affect the result Which explains why he is more pissed than he probably needed to be. I think it would have been good to see that play out. I think he is now spiralling out of control, emotionally within the game and can't win.

Cara not playing the idol, going by the editing was a shock to George as it appeared he didn't know Hayley and Wai were voting with them. But that's a big advantage for them.

Dani wants to make big moves and it never works[emoji1787]she can drive off into the sunset with the Isuzu.

Hayley's resurrection has been also a shock. They allowed her to win immunity and control... after all she had done...

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:22 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:Apparently on a FB fan page, Andrew winning the immunity had a 2nd vote but it was edited out as it didnt affect the result Which explains why he is more pissed than he probably needed to be. I think it would have been good to see that play out. I think he is now spiralling out of control, emotionally within the game and can't win.

Very interesting!
I did find it strange at the time that effectively 5 people 'won' immunity in that challenge and there was no real gain to being first or 5th.
Very weird that they would edit that out.
Also makes their decision not to split votes even stranger as they had an extra vote and therefore would have required further defectors to make a play on a split.

Agree on Emmett shooting himself. Also strange they still split even though he knew he was losing Hayley and Wai.

I found the editing on Wai interesting last night. For the first time we saw her involved in the decision making and game play. Could she end up coming from the clouds and winning it?
One thing that is clear is the Aussie players generally don't understand the game overly well (as seen by an 8-1 majority not splitting votes) and other than say Hayley and George the rest are fairly naive. Wai lives in america and you'd assume would be a bit of a fan of the show to come to Australia to play our season, so perhaps she'll have a couple of moves up her sleeves come the end of the game!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:29 am

Imagine the dynamic if the votes came out and there was 1 too many on Cara... would have really created a bit more drama.

Good point on Wai and her edit being changed up.

I suspect most are Fans of survivor and they admit to being so, but just play a really daft game.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Trader » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:49 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I suspect most are Fans of survivor and they admit to being so, but just play a really daft game.

Yeah fair point, 50 days in the outback isn't exactly something you'd sign up to without knowing a little about the game.

Actually thinking a bit more, it could be that the Aussie editors are the ones who aren't that switched on with the game (a few examples below). So it could be the edit that is making our players look dumb.

-A few weeks ago when Georgia was off crook, they played an interview with one of the other players who mentioned her return to the game HAD (not would) shifted the numbers. 3 minutes later they then play the footage of her returning.

-There was a similar example of interviews being played before the event, can't quite remember it now though, might have been an interview mentioning that their team lost the 'upcoming' immunity challenge.

-The ads ahead of last nights episode showed George playing the idol for Cara, then throughout the episode the producers are trying to build suspense as to will he or wont he play it!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:58 am

The ads are poorly edited also.
Cos you can guarantee what they show, the opposite occurs.

So, perhaps the issue does lie with the editors not understanding the game and not the players. I never thought of it that way.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:32 am

The one thing we all know is that paranoia is one of the big things kills your game.
Last night I think it may have in fact killed someone's game....

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:33 am

US starts sept 22

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:34 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:US starts sept 22

You little ripper!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:40 am

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The one thing we all know is that paranoia is one of the big things kills your game.
Last night I think it may have in fact killed someone's game....

Yup, fairly oh hum episode last night, that moment of paranoia could come back to bite.
With 6 still left that's another two tribals they need to get through without the protection now that they otherwise may have had.

Will be interesting to see how Hayley and Wai react to it all.
They now see that the other two didn't trust them and this will only encourage H&W to look elsewhere.

It also means that idol is back in play tonight and there is a chance Dani or Flick find it.

We now have a situation where even if the 4 stay tight, they now need to be worried that D&F have the idol.
Means we potentially see a 2-2-2 split, which means D&F only need to pull 1 over rather than 2 to flip the game.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:08 pm

The little snippet at end of last night's episode looking forward to tonight revealed a bit

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby Trader » Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:28 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:The little snippet at end of last night's episode looking forward to tonight revealed a bit

Ah I turned off before they got to that bit, already moved onto the next show! haha

What I did notice last night was more poor editing, they played George's speech about big moves vs silly moves twice within about 45 seconds.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby cracka » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:19 pm

Been binge watching the NZ editions on Ten Play. After a tribe swap on tribe ended up with 2 males & 4 females while the other tribe had the 5 males & 1 female. The next reward challenge was a physical one where one person had to hang on to a pole while 2 opposition tribe members had to try & get them off the pole & drag them back to a mat through mud, first to do it 3 times wins. The tribe with only 2 males sent a female to hang on to the pole. After the first brutal win by the male dominant tribe they asked the other tribe to put one of the males out to hang on to the pole for the remainder of the challenge, the female dominant tribe said they'd do it for 1 round only so the male dominant tribe decided to forfeit the challenge. #respect
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:44 am

Getting a bit bored of Survivor. Too many second chances, too many idols in play and no one using them correctly. Right now you’ve got 3 players left who are absolutely useless in challengers and offer no real threat to gain immunity. Hayley is playing this beautifully sitting in the middle and gaining info from both sides, also good to see she’s learnt from her mistakes of telling people info which led to her being voted to exile. Getting rid of the next best challenger in Dani and keeping George, Cara and Wei around. Cara and Wei are really offering up nothing so I’m hoping Flick keeps the Idol to herself to complete a blindside next episode. First time in the previews that they didn’t show anything about tribal which I liked.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm

I think the 2nd chance with the Urn was due to losing Chelsea??

As for the idol, there is a snippet that shows her plan. And you cant argue with that.
Although the person she wants to vote out I think is wrong.

As highlighted on here previously the editing is poor. And that heavily influences our thoughts.

Hayley being known as a Flipper will count against her, should she get that far.

Dani massively screwed up taking Flick. She needed to take Wai and Hayley on the reward.

Cara use of that idol was paranoia, which she recognised, but that was poor.

Interesting that most/all of those left have been voted out but saved with idol/redemption/urn and are still there.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Sep 01, 2021 1:53 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think the 2nd chance with the Urn was due to losing Chelsea??

As for the idol, there is a snippet that shows her plan. And you cant argue with that.

As highlighted on here previously the editing is poor. And that heavily influences our thoughts.

Hayley being known as a Flipper will count against her, should she get that far.

Dani massively screwed up taking Flick. She needed to take Wai and Hayley on the reward.

Interesting that most/all of those left have been voted out but saved with idol/redemption/urn and are still there.

Players have left the game in the past and they haven’t had something ridiculous like those Urns. If what you said is true I’d like to know the thinking behind it.

Hayley is clearly the best immunity challenger left and the last three tribals have seen all the players that have won them since merge voted out. Wei broke the cycle but other than last night is still fairly useless.

I did enjoy Flick letting the jury know that George gave up in the challenge and not for the first time. I don’t think that will go well if he’s at the end.

Hayley to win for me and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s by the same margin as Dav last year
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:02 pm

I think the urn was tacky. Just trying to think of a reason why it was there.

mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Postby cracka » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:45 pm

mighty_tiger_79 wrote:I think the 2nd chance with the Urn was due to losing Chelsea??

Bloody hell, didn't realise that

Cara - went to other tribe
George - saved by Cara
Hayley - redemption
Flick - urn

Would have been a waste for Flick to use her idol last night so good move.
I was happy to see Wai win last night, was so far behind in the physical part of the challenge, didn't give up & ended up winning
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 560 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby mighty hounds » Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:13 pm

cracka wrote:

Bloody hell, didn't realise that

Cara - went to other tribe
George - saved by Cara
Hayley - redemption
Flick - urn

Would have been a waste for Flick to use her idol last night so good move.
I was happy to see Wai win last night, was so far behind in the physical part of the challenge, didn't give up & ended up winning

Yeh and when Cara was sent home George started crying at the tribal council :lol:
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:31 am

Well played again by George tonight, I really hope he wins as he bloody deserves it. Thought Cara was going to stuff him up again, but luckily she realised he has been spot on every time.

He needs to get rid of Flick now as she is the only one that can beat him, would have the jury votes with all her friends there.

If Wai and Hayley had flipped they would have voted out George, but for some reason they didn’t :shock:
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  Entertainment