ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby Moe » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:59 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
Moe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Moe wrote:Anything happening around the traps in ASCA club land?

This used to be a pretty busy forum.

Morphy Park has good numbers at pre season training and adding a 5th side.
I've been told a few rumours in regards to Morphy Park and Section 2.
You guys have apparently lost Fishwick to Sheidow Park but have picked up Tansell, Wegener and Debrowski from Belair. Any truth to that?
Also been told Belair will fold, Happy Valley have lost A grade players and don't want to be in Section 2, Port Noarlunga and Coro Ramblers B grade don't want to play Section 2 and with Section 3 premiers Punjab Lions moving associations runner up South Road doesn't want to come up to Section 2.

That leaves us, Morphies and Sheidow as the only locks for Section 2!
Can anyone confirm or deny these silly (or serious) rumours?

I can tell you that Fishwick is certainly playing at MP.
Belair won't fold.
Porties finished bottom I believe, so entitled to go down, but the others should remain in Section 2.
Ramblers, PN and Sheidow have good junior programs, so numbers should be coming through I would have thought.

Thanks for the confirmation re Fishwick.
Port Noarlunga finished 7th, not bottom, Fitzroy finished bottom.

My bad re PN.
Can't see the association granting all those teams requests either.
Losing A grade players doesn't constitute a reason to drop a Section.
Play some kids, get some experience.
Just my opinion

Ps yes, you are correct on some of those recruits
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby The Dark Knight » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:15 pm

Moe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:
Moe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:[quote="Moe"]Anything happening around the traps in ASCA club land?

This used to be a pretty busy forum.

Morphy Park has good numbers at pre season training and adding a 5th side.
I've been told a few rumours in regards to Morphy Park and Section 2.
You guys have apparently lost Fishwick to Sheidow Park but have picked up Tansell, Wegener and Debrowski from Belair. Any truth to that?
Also been told Belair will fold, Happy Valley have lost A grade players and don't want to be in Section 2, Port Noarlunga and Coro Ramblers B grade don't want to play Section 2 and with Section 3 premiers Punjab Lions moving associations runner up South Road doesn't want to come up to Section 2.

That leaves us, Morphies and Sheidow as the only locks for Section 2!
Can anyone confirm or deny these silly (or serious) rumours?

I can tell you that Fishwick is certainly playing at MP.
Belair won't fold.
Porties finished bottom I believe, so entitled to go down, but the others should remain in Section 2.
Ramblers, PN and Sheidow have good junior programs, so numbers should be coming through I would have thought.

Thanks for the confirmation re Fishwick.
Port Noarlunga finished 7th, not bottom, Fitzroy finished bottom.

My bad re PN.
Can't see the association granting all those teams requests either.
Losing A grade players doesn't constitute a reason to drop a Section.
Play some kids, get some experience.
Just my opinion

Ps yes, you are correct on some of those recruits[/quote]
Exactly right, Section 2 still has to be filled.
Some of those recruits? Which ones haha?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10297 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby whitepointers » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:29 pm

We apologise for the delay in getting this out to Clubs, however with the Withdrawal of Sides from Section 2 (Belair & Punjab Lions) and a number of clubs presenting concerns about their capability to sustain sides in Section 2 this season. The Executive has been looking at various options as we couldn't have a 4 Team Section 2 Competition.

We have come up with a 16 Team Combined Section 2/3 Competition that will split for Finals. The details around how this will work will be confirmed when confirmation of Grading for the Season is sent out.

Currently we have 78 Teams that have confirmed in the last 24 hours for this season. At the moment we have 6 Teams in Section 9, which the Executive will look at, but we felt the need to get this information out to clubs for feedback couldn't be delayed any further.

We have done everything we could to try and achieve the requests that we have had from clubs and largely we have been able to achieve this.

If you have any major concerns, please let us know as the sooner Grading is locked in the quicker we can produce the Fixture and release to clubs.

Thanks
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby whitepointers » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:31 pm

Draft Grading 2021/22
Attachments
draft grading 2021.PNG
Draft Grading 2021
draft grading 2021.PNG (61.09 KiB) Viewed 2588 times
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Booney » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:45 pm

Only 2 Youth Centre sides nominated?

Massive jump from Section 6 to 1 for those making a case for A grade selection.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Thanks for posting that information WP.
Interesting times ahead in regards to the hybrid Section Two/Three!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Moe » Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:38 pm

Can't understand how HV section 4 semi finalists can drop down to section 6, and their section 9 team, top all last season before losing semi drops to section 10?
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby whitepointers » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:15 pm

Moe wrote:Can't understand how HV section 4 semi finalists can drop down to section 6, and their section 9 team, top all last season before losing semi drops to section 10?

HV also initially asked to go to Section 4 this season after being relegated from Section 1.
Must be massive player losses to request such drops in grading.

Judging by the emails being sent by various clubs about this topic, the split Section idea isn't a popular one.
For the record, Porties have spoken about the possibility of asking to go to a Section 3 under normal circumstances.
We've lost a hell of a lot of players the last 4-5 seasons, most of them our best players, and our depth is severely depleted.
We've got a great junior program, but getting the kids to play seniors is a task in itself.
State wide the drop off rate between 16-23 years of age is 85%. We don't even seem to be getting them between the ages of 16 and 20.
So our club keeps living in hope and sticking it out waiting for kids to take the spot of over the hill hacks like myself but how long do we wait for ?
Anyway, we've decided once again to tough it out and be put where the association wants us too and if that means another tough season in Section 2 then so be it. Since joining the ASCA from SCA we've seen too many clubs take a really soft option on their cricket and where they play and i'm hoping we don't have to ever resort to that.
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby Moe » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:41 pm

whitepointers wrote:
Moe wrote:Can't understand how HV section 4 semi finalists can drop down to section 6, and their section 9 team, top all last season before losing semi drops to section 10?

HV also initially asked to go to Section 4 this season after being relegated from Section 1.

Judging by the emails being sent by various clubs about this topic, the split Section idea isn't a popular one.
For the record, Porties have spoken about the possibility of asking to go to a Section 3 under normal circumstances.
We've lost a hell of a lot of players the last 4-5 seasons, most of them our best players, and our depth is severely depleted.
We've got a great junior program, but getting the kids to play seniors is a task in itself.
State wide the drop off rate between 16-23 years of age is 85%. We don't even seem to be getting them between the ages of 16 and 20.
So our club keeps living in hope and sticking it out waiting for kids to take the spot of over the hill hacks like myself but how long do we wait for ?
Anyway, we've decided once again to tough it out and be put where the association wants us too and if that means another tough season in Section 2 then so be it. Since joining the ASCA from SCA we've seen too many clubs take a really soft option on their cricket and where they play and i'm hoping we don't have to ever resort to that.

I commend your club for this attitude WP.
It is tough re keeping junior's involved when they graduate. It's taken MP quite a while, but we are starting to see quite a few of our 16s coming through now.
I'm glad you mentioned club's taking the soft option after losing players and asking to go down to lower sections. I agree with you.
Promotion and relegation works well imo.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby bazza1 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:45 pm

Are we looking at a Conference system in Section 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My drinking club has a cricket problem!
bazza1
Reserves

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:58 pm

whitepointers wrote:

Yes our Secretary said that there's alot of back and forth via email about the split section proposal so will be interesting to see what happens.
Great to hear you guys will stick it out, your club has definitely lost some quality cricketers since your first season in 14/15 and going up to section one.
The drop off in players continues to be a huge concern for all clubs across the associations throughout Adelaide.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:04 pm

bazza1 wrote:Are we looking at a Conference system in Section 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Welcome back Big Bad Bazza!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby whitepointers » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:31 pm

Very good point my favourite bartender..
whitepointers
Rookie

Postby back89 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:59 pm

Also i understand St George fold as well too
back89
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Keefy » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:32 pm

Big jump for Southern Warriors coming up from Section 6

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 181 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby storyoftheyear » Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:12 am

It was stated in a recent email from the Executive that “Happy Valley’s best players had been lured to Coromandel by money.” Can confirm this is absolutely not the case. I know we are all volunteers in this association but it is poor form from the Exec to go on record with something like that.

Looking forward to seeing what the Exec decide on in regards to Sec 2/3. You wonder at what point the integrity of the competition comes before individual club requests because they haven’t been able to develop a successful program over the years where people want to remain. Not a pot shot at any club in particular but if the Exec was more consistent in their gradings and less adaptable to club requests, perhaps clubs would put more energy into improving their clubs through long term vision, rather than requesting to go down because they’ve lost players. Just a thought.

Cheers lads, all the best to all clubs for the upcoming season. Looking forward to this forum revisiting the glory days again!
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:42 pm

whitepointers wrote:

*Cough* Belair *cough*
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:51 pm

storyoftheyear wrote:It was stated in a recent email from the Executive that “Happy Valley’s best players had been lured to Coromandel by money.” Can confirm this is absolutely not the case. I know we are all volunteers in this association but it is poor form from the Exec to go on record with something like that.

Who from HV has Coro picked up?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Moe » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:30 pm

This may sound pretty simplistic, and there may be reasons it doesn't work, but if my maths is correct we have:

26 x A grade teams
24 x B grade teams
17 x C grade teams
7 x D grade teams
5 x E grade teams

Sections 1-3 all A grade
Sections 4-6 all B grade
Sections 7-8 C grade
Section 9 D grade
Section 10 E grade

Tiny bit of shuffling and at least teams are playing against same grade level

It seems a little uneven with a clubs 3rds playing a clubs 5ths.

Just my opinion
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby storyoftheyear » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:50 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:
storyoftheyear wrote:It was stated in a recent email from the Executive that “Happy Valley’s best players had been lured to Coromandel by money.” Can confirm this is absolutely not the case. I know we are all volunteers in this association but it is poor form from the Exec to go on record with something like that.

Who from HV has Coro picked up?

Well… they haven’t accepted our MyCricket transfer requests to date, so nobody yet!
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Been liked: 8 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps