2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Adelaide Footy League Talk

Who will win the D7 Premiership

Adelaide Lutheran
1
2%
Brahma Lodge
10
18%
Central United
14
25%
Flinders Uni
1
2%
Greenacres
11
20%
Hackham
4
7%
Houghton
11
20%
Mitchell Park
2
4%
OSB/Lonsdale
1
2%
 
Total votes : 55

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:18 pm

Robran wrote:Make sure you grab the day pass think you will be able to get back as long as before midnight, value for buck those bus day passes well they were 15 years ago.
go the units all the best.

It'll just be a trip back to the city, and off to the Woolshed to celebrate (hopefully) 8)
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:51 pm

PNU to the rescue.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:58 pm

The Bedge wrote:Poor units, I get it’s a long bus trip out to Kenilworth… but was always a chance, and you’re at the bottom of the food chain so get what you’re given.

Surely most players can just call in sick, take an annual leave day or for those who don’t work, stay off the beers & Xbox for the day.

If you wanna play, you’ll make it happen.


Moffin and Kenilworth are literally 5 streets from each other :lol:
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42539
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1875 times
Been liked: 2853 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:47 pm

In other news, shout out to one of the forum legends, and Houghton favorite son Q on drawing a close to a wonderful career.

Widely respected and liked, but fierce competitor, has been such an important part of the Raiders for a long time, and fair to say carved out a bloody good playing "career".

Just a shame he couldn't remain committed and get to 300.

Enjoy retirement - always a spot at Masters footy if ya keen :D
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Demon Juke » Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:50 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Sure the timeslot is not ideal and a bit of a logistical challenge but only for the B Grade starting time, but when your at the bottom of the grade food chain you get what you get.
The President of the club has adopted the 'Anywhere, Anytime' mantra and all the boys have gotten around it.

I always look for the glass half full approach.
St Marys is the perfect size ground for the way the Units play.
Our As and Bs are playing together.
Everyone loves playing night footy!

Game on!


Thats great attitude but I heard it may have changed now. Just don't think it is fair on all 4 clubs to play Friday as it still A grade football even if it the lowest division. I now it is crammed fixture because of covid but finishing top in both grades you should have had some advantage of less travel than the other games.
Demon Juke
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1945
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:52 pm
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 67 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Sticks28 » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:43 pm

whats div 7 quality like? think i might head down and watch central united tonight at payneham what should i expect going there - live in payneham so might trundle over and have a gander - central united to win easily??
Sticks28
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:49 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:28 pm

Granted haven't seen any of Units this year in the B grade, and watched limited games in the 1's - but they look primed to go tonight.

The B grade is chock full of capable players - and plenty with a grade experience.

Whilst the A grade fell a couple of weeks ago to the same opposition, they welcome back Cosenza, Keen, Olszewski and Pudney to that list. Mark Garner missing, but so many potent talls - Dempsey, Tony Lane and if Jamie Lane is in any sort of mood there is no stopping him.

Add in DJ McIntyre, Austin Reeves, Dean Steele and Brayden Abbott, frankly it's a line up that probably would've played D6 finals.

For Lutheran Miegel, Scholefield and Hodges will need to fire with Wilson and Zubrinich needing big games.

It'll be interesting to see if the width of PNU plays a factor.

It's been a long time since Units played finals, and they've done everything right this season so far to put themselves in the best possible position to reward themselves... now to cash in.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:54 pm

Flinders Uni def Units by 45 in the 2’s
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Groover » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:19 pm

Brahma won by 1pt as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
User avatar
Groover
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2793
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 pm
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 382 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby beef » Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:26 pm

Kilburns lights look really average on the livestream.
User avatar
beef
League - Best 21
 
Posts: 1660
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:34 pm
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 236 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby whufc » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:07 pm

Any score in the Units game
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
User avatar
whufc
Coach
 
 
Posts: 24698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:56 am
Location: Blakeview
Has liked: 4615 times
Been liked: 2032 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Dutchy » Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:16 pm

Half time of the A Grade
United 1.4.10
Lutheran 3.5.23
User avatar
Dutchy
Site Admin
 
 
Posts: 42539
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:24 am
Location: Location, Location
Has liked: 1875 times
Been liked: 2853 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:25 pm

Brahma beat Greenacres, margin was under 5 goals in the end.
Brahma gained and maintained a comfortable lead all game, was a real scrappy game but Brahma were cleaner and had better finishing skills.
beef wrote:Kilburns lights look really average on the livestream.

All four pockets have no light coverage.
User avatar
The Dark Knight
Coach
 
Posts: 31389
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:32 pm
Location: Gotham City
Has liked: 7988 times
Been liked: 1212 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Mr Beefy » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:Half time of the A Grade
United 1.4.10
Lutheran 3.5.23
I read units win by a point. I'm sure Lutheran are relieved..
User avatar
Mr Beefy
Assistant Coach
 
 
Posts: 4811
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 4:18 pm
Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 598 times
Grassroots Team: Rosewater

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:59 pm

Lutheran worst supporters getting around.. followed closely by Flinders Uni.

Oh dear the carry on from the crabs faithful.. you literally won a knock out final in the lowest B grade div in the Comp. Yuck.

Units were shit for 6/8 quarters but did enough - their A grade showed true grit and heart, would’ve been easy to roll over when down by a sizeable margin and having only kicked 1 goal in a half, but didn’t. Gatto in the third was inspired, Spike put the side on his shoulders and Abbott was WOW!

CU did everything they could to lose it but still found away. Beautiful.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:10 am

The Dark Knight wrote:Brahma beat Greenacres, margin was under 5 goals in the end.
Brahma gained and maintained a comfortable lead all game, was a real scrappy game but Brahma were cleaner and had better finishing skills.
beef wrote:Kilburns lights look really average on the livestream.

All four pockets have no light coverage.

To be fair, neither Brahma or Greenacres have decent lighting.. so fair play
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Sticks28 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:29 am

Haven’t seen many div 7 games but that was a deplorable standard of football - if that’s the best teams in div 7 I can’t fathom how ordinary teams like hackham, flinders and Lonsdale would be. I genuinely can’t get over the poor skills in div 7 A grade, also that’s a huge call about Lutheran, central United are a genuine different breed of supporters see why they have a horrible reputation.
Sticks28
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:49 pm
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 3 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:45 am

Sticks28 wrote:Haven’t seen many div 7 games but that was a deplorable standard of football - if that’s the best teams in div 7 I can’t fathom how ordinary teams like hackham, flinders and Lonsdale would be. I genuinely can’t get over the poor skills in div 7 A grade, also that’s a huge call about Lutheran, central United are a genuine different breed of supporters see why they have a horrible reputation.

The trick is to consume brewskis.. the more beers you drank, the better the standard appeared :lol:
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14770
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:28 pm
Location: BarbeeCueAria
Has liked: 3067 times
Been liked: 3524 times

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Parker1992 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:43 am

The Bedge wrote:Lutheran worst supporters getting around.. followed closely by Flinders Uni.

Oh dear the carry on from the crabs faithful.. you literally won a knock out final in the lowest B grade div in the Comp. Yuck.

Units were shit for 6/8 quarters but did enough - their A grade showed true grit and heart, would’ve been easy to roll over when down by a sizeable margin and having only kicked 1 goal in a half, but didn’t. Gatto in the third was inspired, Spike put the side on his shoulders and Abbott was WOW!

CU did everything they could to lose it but still found away. Beautiful.


What should they have done? Flinders in the ressies particularly have been a walkover for many years.
Even their supporters wouldn't have been expecting them to come out and convincingly beat a team who hasn't lost all year.
Let em carry on!
Saying Luthies and Flinders are bad supports.. pot, meet kettle.
Parker1992
Mini-League
 
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:05 pm
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Moorook-Kingston

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:24 pm

Parker1992 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Lutheran worst supporters getting around.. followed closely by Flinders Uni.

Oh dear the carry on from the crabs faithful.. you literally won a knock out final in the lowest B grade div in the Comp. Yuck.

Units were shit for 6/8 quarters but did enough - their A grade showed true grit and heart, would’ve been easy to roll over when down by a sizeable margin and having only kicked 1 goal in a half, but didn’t. Gatto in the third was inspired, Spike put the side on his shoulders and Abbott was WOW!

CU did everything they could to lose it but still found away. Beautiful.


What should they have done? Flinders in the ressies particularly have been a walkover for many years.
Even their supporters wouldn't have been expecting them to come out and convincingly beat a team who hasn't lost all year.
Let em carry on!
Saying Luthies and Flinders are bad supports.. pot, meet kettle.


I think the sarcasm meter must have been on high when Bedge wrote that, surely. The complete opposite is the truth. Central United supporters were an embarrassment :shock:
Eagles2014
League - Top 5
 
Posts: 2796
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 378 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests