R19 Eagles v Centrals Sat 2.10

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: R19 Eagles v Centrals Sat 2.10

Postby ferret » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:25 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:Eagles side with a debutant

https://wwtfc.com.au/news/wise-round-19 ... elections/

Eagles team is looking good. Cameron and Macfarlane are both back from injury playing in the reserves as well so I am assuming they will be asked to go flat out to make a good case for promotion in week 1 of the finals.. Looking forward to seeing how Litster goes but don't know too much about him. I know he was playing in the State U18 match against WA so the lad obviously has some talent. I am a bit surprised that Hoile couldn't get a look in after a fairly solid season in the reserves but might have to have one more big pre-season.

I think it was the State U19 match he played in. Too old for U18s. His father Chris, played one league game for West Torrens before he went back to the farm near Minlaton.
ferret
Reserves

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 136 times

Postby Jim05 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:37 pm

6.2 to zip and not 1/4 time yet
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby UK Fan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 3:42 pm

Jim05 wrote:6.2 to zip and not 1/4 time yet

Quarter time eagles by 37 game over in 10 minutes of football.

Pathetic quarter
fester69 wrote: I'm full of "pish and wind" !!You can call me weak !!

MW wrote: Well call me a special asshole!.

Booney wrote: I'm a happy clapper **** stick.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Has liked: 1197 times
Been liked: 500 times

Postby UK Fan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:14 pm

Eagles 10.3(63)
Dogs. 0.4(4)

Woeful

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby bullydog » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:17 pm

this is embarrassing, seriously what has happened to the dogs over the last ten years? we are worse now than we were before the golden era. I can only hope new leaders, new focus next year.
bullydog
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby UK Fan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:06 pm

Eagles 15.4(94)
Dogs. 1.4(10)

3/4 time

We got a goal!!!!!

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby UK Fan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Eagles 19.8(122)
Dogs. 2.6(18)

Full time.

Stengle kicked 5 and 3 more than the entire doggies team.

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby whufc » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:44 pm

Last year we had a team that hated the coach but at least saw the season out

This year everyone is happy and more than happy to checkout a month before the season finished
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Jim05 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 5:45 pm

whufc wrote:Last year we had a team that hated the coach but at least saw the season out

This year everyone is happy and more than happy to checkout a month before the season finished
Will certainly be interested in the thoughts of a couple on here who defended everything the club did
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bulldogproud » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Jim05 wrote:
whufc wrote:Last year we had a team that hated the coach but at least saw the season out

Will certainly be interested in the thoughts of a couple on here who defended everything the club did

Okay, I'll take the bait and have a go ;)
I hope that is the last time that the SANFL ever program a bye in the penultimate round of the season. Our season ended a fortnight ago with our win over Adelaide. Absolutely nothing to play for today... and, boy, did the team show that that was their attitude. The Eagles would have been better setting up against a team of training cones and we would have been better off just watching our Reserves.

Until our final three losses, we had been competitive in every match we played. There was only one match where we were not within three goals of our opponent at some stage of the final quarter. If we can snare an experienced recruit or two and start to believe in ourselves, we can make the finals next year. Greg Edwards coming onboard will be a very positive step. We currently have a number of very young players in the Reserves who have the goods, and a number already in the League who have a good future ahead.

Back to today's game, despite our lacklustre performance, I cannot help but lift my lid to the Eagles... the premiership is a two-horse race this year, no guarantee the cup is heading to Brighton Road yet.

Cheers
Last edited by bulldogproud on Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Bulldog in winter; a WTDCC Eagle and OICC Wolf in Summer!
bulldogproud
League - Top 5

Has liked: 489 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Sep 04, 2021 6:11 pm

Well done to the Eagles they were classes above us today sorry we couldnt give them a decent contest before the finals.That performance today was totally inept and embarrassing to dish that up on Jarrod Schillers 200th game was a disgrace .Quite simply to many players with appalling skills and not up to league standard and they need to be moved on .Our reserves went down today but with such a young side they tried really hard and made the Eagles earn their win pity the league side didnt show the same effort they wouldve beaten the league side today .
southernbulldog
Reserves

Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby bullydog » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:02 pm

the club next year need to try and engage some of our premiership players to help out when they can. we have no grunt and players like the gowans brothers could help there, someone like matthew slade to teach them what tough on ball stuff is. even a bloke like quinton graham who can teach the defenders to run through packs when needed. sibenaler could do the same. so many that could help but the club won't ask. Thomo should get on the front foot and ask them, he did play with them after all. hopefully Greg Edwards can get some grunt back in the club because it's been missing for quite a few years now.
bullydog
Mini-League

Been liked: 6 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby UK Fan » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:08 pm

Jim05 wrote:

I doubt their is many thinking the club is faultless.

The Andrews situation wasn’t a great look but Essentially Nobody would have issues with Paul Thomas being Centrals coach.

It’s more a list management Issue imho.

We have 1 x-afl player on our list(Hoskin) who was last on afl list in 2012

THE SKY HAS FALLEN!!!!
UK Fan
Coach

Postby Mr Fuller » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:37 pm

Perhaps the most dominant 4-quarter display from our team that I can remember in the last 10 years. You could nominated most of the team as being in the best players but probably had Hayes, Pudney and Toumpas as my best 3 across the full four quarters.

Sheedy used Firns in the ruck in the last quarter which was an interesting move but actually turned out to be his best quarter. Did Sheedy choose to rest Redden or was he injured?

Goldsworthy back in our side makes a huge difference by adding that extra bit of class. Litster got a stack of the ball and looks physically ready for league football so good signs for next year assuming he isn't drafted.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Aerie » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:10 pm

Mr Fuller wrote:Perhaps the most dominant 4-quarter display from our team that I can remember in the last 10 years. You could nominated most of the team as being in the best players but probably had Hayes, Pudney and Toumpas as my best 3 across the full four quarters.

Sheedy used Firns in the ruck in the last quarter which was an interesting move but actually turned out to be his best quarter. Did Sheedy choose to rest Redden or was he injured?

Goldsworthy back in our side makes a huge difference by adding that extra bit of class. Litster got a stack of the ball and looks physically ready for league football so good signs for next year assuming he isn't drafted.

Redden came back on for a bit to the forward line in the last quarter, so I assume Sheedy was just sparing Hayes and Redden from taking the ruck and risking injury in the last quarter. I presume Luke Thompson and Dan Menzel were also rested today.

Very strong performance by the Eagles. It was a 4-5 goal strong breeze to the club room end. Central’s did ok in the last half of both quarters against the breeze to stem the Eagles, but had no penetration or targets going forward either with or against the breeze. Would expect Jack Hayes to poll 3 votes in this game. Eagles primed for finals.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby MJP1993 » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:16 pm

Aerie wrote:
Mr Fuller wrote:Perhaps the most dominant 4-quarter display from our team that I can remember in the last 10 years. You could nominated most of the team as being in the best players but probably had Hayes, Pudney and Toumpas as my best 3 across the full four quarters.

Redden came back on for a bit to the forward line in the last quarter, so I assume Sheedy was just sparing Hayes and Redden from taking the ruck and risking injury in the last quarter. I presume Luke Thompson and Dan Menzel were also rested today.

Very strong performance by the Eagles. It was a 4-5 goal strong breeze to the club room end. Central’s did ok in the last half of both quarters against the breeze to stem the Eagles, but had no penetration or targets going forward either with or against the breeze. Would expect Jack Hayes to poll 3 votes in this game. Eagles primed for finals.

I think Pudney could’ve been the Eagles best player today he had the most possessions
Talk at the ground Dan Menzel had a knee injury. No idea about Thompson perhaps just resting
Firns actually won a lot of the ruck Taps in the last
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby ferret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:46 am

Best players named by Eagles at club presentations:

LEAGUE
1) Jack Hayes
2) Joe Sinor
3) Kai Pudney
4) Jesse Lonergan

RESERVES
1) Cooper Gaffney
2) Ethan Haylock
3) Pierce Seymour
4) Zac Buck
ferret
Reserves

Postby ferret » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:51 am

bulldogproud wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Okay, I'll take the bait and have a go ;)
I hope that is the last time that the SANFL ever program a bye in the penultimate round of the season. Our season ended a fortnight ago with our win over Adelaide. Absolutely nothing to play for today... and, boy, did the team show that that was their attitude. The Eagles would have been better setting up against a team of training cones and we would have been better off just watching our Reserves.

Until our final three losses, we had been competitive in every match we played. There was only one match where we were not within three goals of our opponent at some stage of the final quarter. If we can snare an experienced recruit or two and start to believe in ourselves, we can make the finals next year. Greg Edwards coming onboard will be a very positive step. We currently have a number of very young players in the Reserves who have the goods, and a number already in the League who have a good future ahead.

Back to today's game, despite our lacklustre performance, I cannot help but lift my lid to the Eagles... the premiership is a two-horse race this year, no guarantee the cup is heading to Brighton Road yet.

Cheers

But.............Last season, last game, Dogs had nothing to play for and still beat the eventual premiers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I hope you haven't changed to "bulldognotsoproud"
ferret
Reserves

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:16 am

ferret wrote:Best players named by Eagles at club presentations:

LEAGUE
1) Jack Hayes
2) Joe Sinor
3) Kai Pudney
4) Jesse Lonergan

RESERVES
1) Cooper Gaffney
2) Ethan Haylock
3) Pierce Seymour
4) Zac Buck

I was slightly off thinking Pudney was the best player lol
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Al4 » Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:16 am

Jim05 wrote:

There are probably plenty of things not being done well at CDFC, same as other clubs go through, but there is one glaring problem - its our under age sides. From 1994 to 2005 we won a couple of premierships in U17s and U19s and we were a around the middle of the ladder the rest of the time. But from 2005 to 2021 our U17s/U16s have "won" 8 wooden spoons and rarely been in the top half of the ladder. Same with our U19s/U18s - 5 wooden spoons and no appearances in the top half of the ladder.

Without juniors coming through, we don't get the depth to support our recruits, and anyway the best young players go in the afl draft. It shows in our league results four or five years later, when the players have reached 22 or 23 years of age.

A lot of the problem is just demographics and zones, but some has to be down to the club. I hope we focus on junior development for the next few years. Maybe it's something our incoming CEO can look at from a fresh viewpoint.
Al4

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL