20%
Mitchell Park
4%
OSB/Lonsdale
2%

Total votes : 55

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 7

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:18 am

Parker1992 wrote:Flinders in the ressies particularly have been a walkover for many years.

I found this genuinely surprising. Took all of about 5min to realise they were the better side on the park.

They were fitter (well at least more agile), appeared to have an understanding on the way they wanted to play, and some sort of a game plan as opposed to Units.

They moved the ball inside well, spread hard from the back flanks, and they pushed up well behind the ball. The only area that really let them down was their ability to capitilise inside 50. They could've easily been further in front at 1/2 time.

It shocked me to learn Central United were 16-0 heading into the match - on paper I recognised a lot of the names, and a lot of good players.. but having not seen several for a long time, geez they've stacked on the kgs. They played a very yuck brand of footy, everything was slow and down the line, missed 9/10 targets, applied zero defensive pressure.

Matt Purcell kept them in the game, and Frith was the only genuine marking target they had.

Crabs played well.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:18 am

The Bedge wrote:
jo172 wrote:For whatever it's worth the volunteers over the bar and BBQ at Payneham were a huge wrap for the Central United crowd.

Polite, boisterous, hungry and thirsty, all you want from a footy crowd

Good little setup at PNU - similarly with Kilburn - and how good is technology these days when you can pay for things with phone/card and dont have to worry about cash. Makes it so much quicker and easier.

What are your lights rated at though?

I thought the Friday night finals were a beauty, my only concern is back to back games makes for a long night.. but it did allow people to wander in after work and catch the main game.

Friday night at Kilburn was extremely well patronised. I don't mind a bit o' Friday night footy - it's a good little money maker if your lights are up to standard.

I know we've had a couple of night games over the years which have been really successful, I dont know why more clubs don't do it throughout the normal season
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Booney » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:19 am

Would managing a Friday night crowd be a consideration?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:21 am

They're great for freeing up the Saturday too. Hard for the reserves lads though who need to get out of work pretty early to make it work.
jo172
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1198 times
Been liked: 724 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:28 am

I did enjoy the B grade Friday - rolled up to have the Units coach ask me if I'd come to learn something about coaching from him.. :lol:

It was umm.. insightful.

What I found interesting, was I asked a Units supporter what they thought of the 3/4 address - they thought it was really good. :?

I know you read this stuff too DJ - so below is a snapshot of games played by the Crabs, to debunk your theory that the league allowed them to drop 10x A graders for the final..

Flinders Uni.PNG
Flinders Uni.PNG (33.53 KiB) Viewed 2863 times
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:39 am

The Bedge wrote:I did enjoy the B grade Friday - rolled up to have the Units coach ask me if I'd come to learn something about coaching from him.. :lol:

It was umm.. insightful.

What I found interesting, was I asked a Units supporter what they thought of the 3/4 address - they thought it was really good. :?

I know you read this stuff too DJ - so below is a snapshot of games played by the Crabs, to debunk your theory that the league allowed them to drop 10x A graders for the final..

Flinders Uni.PNG

Did they have lots of injuries in the A Grade this year or were the A grade out of finals contention very early on.

Is it unusual to see only 5 blokes that hadn't played A Grade throughout the year.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:44 am

whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:I did enjoy the B grade Friday - rolled up to have the Units coach ask me if I'd come to learn something about coaching from him.. :lol:

It was umm.. insightful.

Flinders Uni.PNG

Did they have lots of injuries in the A Grade this year or were the A grade out of finals contention very early on.

Is it unusual to see only 5 blokes that hadn't played A Grade throughout the year.

Can happen though, quick count suggests that PNU used 40 blokes in seniors across the year that would theoretically leave only 4 blokes (if all were available etc)
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:49 am

whufc wrote:Did they have lots of injuries in the A Grade this year or were the A grade out of finals contention very early on.

To play finals, you have to play a majority of your matches in that grade i.e. 50% - there aren't many on that list that perhaps were loaded up - Henshaw played his 5x A grade games through the middle of the season, started with 5x B grade games and finished with 3x B grade games.

Marshall played the last 3 games in the A grade but had played 6 in the B grade before hand.

Jess Nilsen was in and out of the A grade.

Daniel Johnson perhaps, he played last 9 games in the B grade.

So many guys with 1-2 or 3 games in the A grade.. not unusual for this level i wouldn't have thought.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Parker1992 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:52 am

jo172 wrote:
whufc wrote:

It was umm.. insightful.

Flinders Uni.PNG

Can happen though, quick count suggests that PNU used 40 blokes in seniors across the year that would theoretically leave only 4 blokes (if all were available etc)

Can confirm Flinders were decimated by injury this season. Looks like they shared around the seniors duties.
Parker1992
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Moorook-Kingston

Postby Footy Chick » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:04 am

jo172 wrote:They're great for freeing up the Saturday too. Hard for the reserves lads though who need to get out of work pretty early to make it work.

but if the league turned around and said that ideally we'd like each eligible club (with good lights) to change ONE game to a friday night - there wouldn't be that much of an issue as a once off..
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 11:29 am

Footy Chick wrote:
jo172 wrote:They're great for freeing up the Saturday too. Hard for the reserves lads though who need to get out of work pretty early to make it work.

but if the league turned around and said that ideally we'd like each eligible club (with good lights) to change ONE game to a friday night - there wouldn't be that much of an issue as a once off..

Yes and no, you lose a bit of the upside in if you still have two games the following day you need to do the same setup. Good for the spectators though.
jo172
League - Top 5

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:45 pm

Why do some run with "the league allowed this and that" when it comes to finals permits. The finals qualifying rules are very fair and very clear. Permits are mostly approved for a 50/50 player (e.g. 9A and 9B) and even then you are only confident of getting the permit if most or all of the lower grade games are at the back end. Anything over 50/50 is unlikely unless exceptional circumstances. Do the same research that Bedge has done and it takes you about 15 minutes to work out what the numbers are before you start to squeal. Do some coaches and club people not realise that a player could have played his last 8 in A grade but if he played the first 9/10 in B grade then he is qualified to play B grade finals - no permit required - end of story.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:54 pm

No, some don’t realise. It’s easier to play the victim card and the whole worlds out to get them.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:41 pm

Jo - who's looking after the oval on Saturday seeing your A & B Grade are in the GF?
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby The Bedge » Mon Sep 06, 2021 1:43 pm

To be fair, there are plenty of people who don't know the rules or properly understand them, and they rely on those giving them the information to know.

It's astounding how many people i get each footy / cricket season that ask questions that seem so simple and they should know the answer - or questions they've asked several times before - but reality is it's not their livelihood, they just rock up and play so dont invest time in learning about things that don't have relevance to them most of the time e.g. finals qualification.

On the other side, there is also still that element of "us vs them" that a lot of people or clubs have, or that the world is out to get them - case in point the reaction to where finals venues have been.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:13 pm

The Bedge wrote:To be fair, there are plenty of people who don't know the rules or properly understand them, and they rely on those giving them the information to know.

It's astounding how many people i get each footy / cricket season that ask questions that seem so simple and they should know the answer - or questions they've asked several times before - but reality is it's not their livelihood, they just rock up and play so dont invest time in learning about things that don't have relevance to them most of the time e.g. finals qualification.

On the other side, there is also still that element of "us vs them" that a lot of people or clubs have, or that the world is out to get them - case in point the reaction to where finals venues have been.

A bit like the football experts who have never read the rules.
On Saturday an umpire gave a deliberate out of bounds. Some bloke was yelling at him that DOOB doesn't apply in C Grade :rolleyes:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:23 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:To be fair, there are plenty of people who don't know the rules or properly understand them, and they rely on those giving them the information to know.

A bit like the football experts who have never read the rules.
On Saturday an umpire gave a deliberate out of bounds. Some bloke was yelling at him that DOOB doesn't apply in C Grade :rolleyes:

*Insert any grade

Every time you hear it no matter the grade and to be fair I’ve only ever seen the absolute most blatant ones be awarded a free kick.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:02 pm

This one was a hand ball straight over the bounday line with no-one else within cooee of where he handballed it
It was so blatant I would have been astonished if they didn't pay it
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:03 pm

This one was a hand ball straight over the bounday line with no-one else within cooee of where he handballed it
It was so blatant I would have been astonished if they didn't pay it
Then this supporter gave the umpire an earful about not knowing the rules. Head shaking stuff
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby jo172 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:12 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:

Jo - who's looking after the oval on Saturday seeing your A & B Grade are in the GF?

Zia McIntosh leading the charge with a range of volunteers largely from the juniors.

A few years back from memory we hosted neutral Grand Finals while the D Grade were playing a Grand Final at Edwardstown and the A Grade were playing a preliminary final at (I think Prospect?) That's the greatest extent of logistical challenge that's happened to date and it went smoothly.
jo172
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League