Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby Look Good In Leather » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:28 pm

tigerpie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Wtf? Who cares if she flushed her?
She could've broken her face really badly.
Bloody ordinary.

Well it makes all the difference - particularly in regards to a tribunal.

It's a horrible look and act, agreed, and could've ended very badly.. I was just asking if she got her.. probably looks worse than it was - may also explain why it was only a yellow instead of what thought was an obvious red.

Another classic example of the act being punished not the outcome.
Would've thought that's a red card all day.
It should always be the act that is punished, outcome should not come into it. Unfortunately we are starting to see an expectation that there should be a penalty everytime someone gets hurt irrespective of the act itself.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby mots02 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:56 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Bloody ordinary.

It's a horrible look and act, agreed, and could've ended very badly.. I was just asking if she got her.. probably looks worse than it was - may also explain why it was only a yellow instead of what thought was an obvious red.

It should always be the act that is punished, outcome should not come into it. Unfortunately we are starting to see an expectation that there should be a penalty everytime someone gets hurt irrespective of the act itself.

Agreed, and that the way it used to be.

This particular act is precisely the reason why you should penalise the act and not the outcome. Reckless, Intentional, unprovoked and had the capacity to cause significant injury. Just luck or lack of skill that it didn't. Intent was clear, just lucky she executed poorly.

Watching this as a father i can see for the first time how the game has been looked at by mums not wanting their boys to play. I don't want my daughters out on the field with this sort of stuff going on.

Has to be a huge penalty. No excuse.
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 854 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Barkeroo » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:21 pm

Wow that's bad!
Barkeroo
Rookie

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby MatteeG » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:50 am

mots02 wrote:

This particular act is precisely the reason why you should penalise the act and not the outcome. Reckless, Intentional, unprovoked and had the capacity to cause significant injury. Just luck or lack of skill that it didn't. Intent was clear, just lucky she executed poorly.

Watching this as a father i can see for the first time how the game has been looked at by mums not wanting their boys to play. I don't want my daughters out on the field with this sort of stuff going on.

Agree. Very ordinary act.
helicopterking wrote:Flaggies will choke. Always have.
MatteeG
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 524 times
Been liked: 511 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby whufc » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:58 am

MatteeG wrote:
mots02 wrote:

Agree. Very ordinary act.

Yep 100% agree.

No place on a footy field for someone with that short a fuse. The 'tackle / contest' wasn't even little shove worthy never mind a full blooded knee to the head attempt worth.

If your anger is that easily lit a footy field isn't the place for you, go down to your local mixed martial arts trainer and get the anger sorted out.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby tigerpie » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:18 pm

tigerpie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
Bloody ordinary.

I think the outcome should be considered but you are right the act should be punished.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Look Good In Leather » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:17 pm

tigerpie wrote:
tigerpie wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Well it makes all the difference - particularly in regards to a tribunal.

I think the outcome should be considered but you are right the act should be punished.

Outcome should only be considered as evidence when determining severity, it should not be the driving factor.

i.e. Throwing a haymaker but not doing damage due to the reaction time of the target turning their head is still a more severe act than a broken nose resulting from a high fend-off during play.
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Broken Down Hack » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:37 pm

So Bushpigs win six in a row, time for a new challenge
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby Anatidae » Sat Sep 18, 2021 7:34 pm

Watched the GF today. 1st time I have watched SFL in a while. Played SFL in late 90’s-late 2000’s. Flaggies are a good side, but can’t be much depth in Comp based on today & what I read on here. I’ve watched a fair bit of Div 3 this year & Flaggies would go well, but not dominate in IMO. Not sure what answer is, but the competition has deteriorated.

On the bright side, outstanding U15 GF (with all SANFL lads available at this age group), these teams would be v. good SANFL Juniors Div 1 sides.
Anatidae
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby KegLeg » Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:33 pm

Anatidae wrote:Watched the GF today. 1st time I have watched SFL in a while. Played SFL in late 90’s-late 2000’s. Flaggies are a good side, but can’t be much depth in Comp based on today & what I read on here. I’ve watched a fair bit of Div 3 this year & Flaggies would go well, but not dominate in IMO. Not sure what answer is, but the competition has deteriorated.

On the bright side, outstanding U15 GF (with all SANFL lads available at this age group), these teams would be v. good SANFL Juniors Div 1 sides.

Well done flaggies on their 6th. A pretty remarkable achievement. I respectfully disagree and think while there are some struggles overall, I think Flaggy would be at least a good Div 2 side based on what I’ve seen, maybe even div 1 quality. It does drop away but the people that blame Flaggy for that are a bit warped in my opinion, they’ve set a great benchmark for everyone to try and beat. Perhaps all the other clubs need to look at themselves rather than whine at the quality of Flaggy.

The 15s was an amazing game of football. Well done to the wineflies, Reynella winning all 3 junior grades shows the club has a huge future ahead.
KegLeg
Mini-League

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby tigerpie » Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:16 pm

KegLeg wrote:
Anatidae wrote:Watched the GF today. 1st time I have watched SFL in a while. Played SFL in late 90’s-late 2000’s. Flaggies are a good side, but can’t be much depth in Comp based on today & what I read on here. I’ve watched a fair bit of Div 3 this year & Flaggies would go well, but not dominate in IMO. Not sure what answer is, but the competition has deteriorated.

Well done flaggies on their 6th. A pretty remarkable achievement. I respectfully disagree and think while there are some struggles overall, I think Flaggy would be at least a good Div 2 side based on what I’ve seen, maybe even div 1 quality. It does drop away but the people that blame Flaggy for that are a bit warped in my opinion, they’ve set a great benchmark for everyone to try and beat. Perhaps all the other clubs need to look at themselves rather than whine at the quality of Flaggy.

The 15s was an amazing game of football. Well done to the wineflies, Reynella winning all 3 junior grades shows the club has a huge future ahead.

They won the u14 sanfl comp flag as well.
4 junior premierships is a remarkable achievement.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby King » Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:28 pm

For the trivia buffs.
Flaggies winning margin in both the 2020 and 2021 premierships was 66 points. Remarkably, their average winning margin over their past 4 premierships (2018 - 21) is also 66 points! Coincidences do occur! As a side line, their average winning margin over all 6 premierships is 53 points.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby jake the snake » Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:52 pm

Hearing Porties are close to an announcement for coach. Another club going down the playing coach path
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby Yank Man » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:48 pm

jake the snake wrote:Hearing Porties are close to an announcement for coach. Another club going down the playing coach path

Pretty serious appointment if what I’m hearing is what you’re hearing jake the snake. Very very big if true.
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 316 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

Postby shoe boy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:34 am

Yank Man wrote:
jake the snake wrote:Hearing Porties are close to an announcement for coach. Another club going down the playing coach path

Pretty serious appointment if what I’m hearing is what you’re hearing jake the snake. Very very big if true.

Ex Glenelg and Jervious , Josh Scott.

And hearing N Mott back home at the Shoe.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby Divers » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:38 pm

Out of the loop what happened to this years head coach?

shoe boy - mott bringing a few compass boys with him i hear
Divers

Has liked: 8 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby shoe boy » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:46 pm

Divers wrote:

Not sure of Nick bringing anyone but I am aware of a number of shoe boys who have not played for a while keen to return.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby KegLeg » Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:52 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Divers wrote:

Not sure of Nick bringing anyone but I am aware of a number of shoe boys who have not played for a while keen to return.

Ah the return of the $hoe$. How they have been missed……
KegLeg
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Elliston

Postby Broken Down Hack » Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:22 pm

shoe boy wrote:
Yank Man wrote:

Ex Glenelg and Jervious , Josh Scott.

And hearing N Mott back home at the Shoe.

Someone should tell Josh :shock:
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby oldman » Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:32 pm

Pretty decent appointment of Michael Handby for the Emu's
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times