ASCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ASCA

Postby Moe » Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:09 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Anyone got any news on our final gradings (with Flagstaff Hill entering the association) and what is happening with our fixture?

Hopefully, draw out tomorrow.

I've heard Morphett Vale have dropped out of Section 3 to 4.
Warradale have dropped their 3rd team all together.
Morphettville Park have entered a sixth team.
Moe
League - Best 21

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 91 times
Grassroots Team: Morphettville Park

Postby Moe » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:31 am

I don't know the strength of Flagstaff Hills previous league but I think ASCA have been very kind to "gift" them Section 4 for their A grade and section 9 for their B grade!
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:37 am

Moe wrote:I don't know the strength of Flagstaff Hills previous league but I think ASCA have been very kind to "gift" them Section 4 for their A grade and section 9 for their B grade!
So the gradings are done Moe?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10328 times
Been liked: 1519 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby storyoftheyear » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:06 am

The Dark Knight wrote:
Moe wrote:I don't know the strength of Flagstaff Hills previous league but I think ASCA have been very kind to "gift" them Section 4 for their A grade and section 9 for their B grade!

Yeah mate they were sent to club secretaries on Friday.

Flagstaff Hill Section 4… wow. A1 in the Hills League to Section 4 ASCA?

Looking forward to seeing this draw that’s coming out…
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby Moe » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:08 am

The Dark Knight wrote:

I've seen what is apparently the final draft. Draw not out to midweek is my mail.

I think the Association needs to stand up to club's a lot more. Having A grade teams playing as low as section 7, against other teams C & D grade teams is a joke.
Happy Valley are also weak in my view. We lost players, we want to go down...Boo hoo
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby storyoftheyear » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:26 am

Moe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

I've seen what is apparently the final draft. Draw not out to midweek is my mail.

I think the Association needs to stand up to club's a lot more. Having A grade teams playing as low as section 7, against other teams C & D grade teams is a joke.
Happy Valley are also weak in my view. We lost players, we want to go down...Boo hoo

Completely agree. Our B’s (Coromandel) were made to go up from 4th in Section 4 last season to Section 2 this season. It would have been easy to piss and moan about players playing a bit out of their depth but we are looking forward to the challenge.
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:46 am

storyoftheyear wrote:
Moe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Completely agree. Our B’s (Coromandel) were made to go up from 4th in Section 4 last season to Section 2 this season. It would have been easy to piss and moan about players playing a bit out of their depth but we are looking forward to the challenge.

I was of the understanding that you guys got asked if you wanted your B grade to play in Section 2 and you said yes, is that not the case and like you said your B grade has been forced to come up?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:51 am

Moe wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:

Hopefully the draw is out midweek like you said!

The whole Happy Valley situation has been a joke and seemed that it was the main issue in initially slowing down the associations efforts to set our gradings and fixture.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby storyoftheyear » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:17 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I was of the understanding that you guys got asked if you wanted your B grade to play in Section 2 and you said yes, is that not the case and like you said your B grade has been forced to come up?

Not the case. We believed there were many more A grade sides who SHOULD be in Section 2 before a B grade side is promoted two divisions. But we aren’t going to complain about it. We are just gonna have a crack at Section 2 and see what happens! It’ll be a good challenge for our players.
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby The Dark Knight » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:25 am

storyoftheyear wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:I was of the understanding that you guys got asked if you wanted your B grade to play in Section 2 and you said yes, is that not the case and like you said your B grade has been forced to come up?

Not the case. We believed there were many more A grade sides who SHOULD be in Section 2 before a B grade side is promoted two divisions. But we aren’t going to complain about it. We are just gonna have a crack at Section 2 and see what happens! It’ll be a good challenge for our players.

Yes, absolutely agree with you and fair enough, good on your B grade for coming up and be willing to play in Section 2.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Postby Moe » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:33 am

storyoftheyear wrote:

You're bloody spot on there. There's 27 A grade teams in ASCA and they are the teams that should be filling the top 3-4 sections.
It's a no brainer IMHO.
If clubs lose players, so be it.
There is going to be some very lopsided sections due to the Association being soft, and the favors given to their chums on the board.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Keefy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:32 pm

storyoftheyear wrote:

Where are your A's and B's going to be playing since Hewitt Oval is such a mess

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Keefy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 182 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby storyoftheyear » Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:01 pm

Keefy wrote:
storyoftheyear wrote:

Where are your A's and B's going to be playing since Hewitt Oval is such a mess

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Blackwood Football Club until the drainage work is complete.
storyoftheyear
Rookie

Postby whitepointers » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:52 pm

Gradings for Season 2021/22
Attachments
gradings 2021.PNG
gradings 2021.PNG (53.25 KiB) Viewed 1689 times
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby whitepointers » Sun Sep 26, 2021 5:53 pm

Must admit when I heard Flagstaff Hill were joining the comp I thought they would take one of the so called "unwanted" spots in Section 2.
Seemed like a natural fit to me.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Moe » Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:04 pm

B grade teams playing section 9 and 10, against 4ths and 5ths.
Gonna be some floggings.

HVCC are officially a joke, bunch of sooks and no wonder players want out.
Moe
League - Best 21

Postby Dutchy » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:16 pm

Beat Meadows last year, who are widely know as one of the best country teams in the state.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby batmanbegins » Tue Sep 28, 2021 2:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Beat Meadows last year, who are widely know as one of the best country teams in the state.

They have lost all bar 2 or 3 from there A grade side last year, hence why they wanted to go down a grade in the HCA. Having seen the side they suggested they would have it was not very good at all, it would have been a middle table B grade side in the Hills.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Been liked: 187 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:03 pm

batmanbegins wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

They have lost all bar 2 or 3 from there A grade side last year, hence why they wanted to go down a grade in the HCA. Having seen the side they suggested they would have it was not very good at all, it would have been a middle table B grade side in the Hills.

Hadn't heard that, have they all gone to Coro?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2322 times
Been liked: 3495 times

Postby storyoftheyear » Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:
batmanbegins wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Hadn't heard that, have they all gone to Coro?

Yeah all on $1,000 a game. We’ve picked up their opening bowler (but he’s on $2,000 a game).
storyoftheyear
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps