Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:15 pm

Cant understand that TBH, if you are going to get it why wouldn't you get it as soon as you can? Strange take.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2306 times
Been liked: 3479 times

Postby Dirty dog » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:35 pm

Armchair expert wrote:Is there anyone on here apart from Apache that haven't at least booked in a jab yet?

I haven’t and have no intentions on getting it.
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby Gozu » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:Cant understand that TBH, if you are going to get it why wouldn't you get it as soon as you can? Strange take.

Not really it's a smart take I'm doing the same. No Covid in Adelaide to worry about means no need to get the vaccine yet wait until it becomes mandatory and/or a new vaccine has been created to deal with a possible new variant of it.

Being in Adelaide afford us this luxury would be a different story in Sydney or Melbourne I would've got it long ago then.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Been liked: 659 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:16 pm

Gozu wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Cant understand that TBH, if you are going to get it why wouldn't you get it as soon as you can? Strange take.

Not really it's a smart take I'm doing the same. No Covid in Adelaide to worry about means no need to get the vaccine yet wait until it becomes mandatory and/or a new vaccine has been created to deal with a possible new variant of it.

Being in Adelaide afford us this luxury would be a different story in Sydney or Melbourne I would've got it long ago then.

What Gozu said

And I’m lazy :lol:
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4189 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Groover » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:26 pm

Gozu wrote:

IF and WHEN it comes to Adelaide, good luck getting an appointment for the jab in good time….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hogg Shield Premier League Winner 2012
Groover
League - Top 5

Has liked: 222 times
Been liked: 385 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:41 pm

SaFooty’s own anti vaxxers
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2214 times
Been liked: 2505 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:05 pm

amber_fluid wrote:SaFooty’s own anti vaxxers

I drink enough beer, that kills everything
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4189 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:24 pm

Its everyone's personal choice and I respect that, however if you intend to get it I don't quite understand not getting it now, get it done and add to the figures that the experts are hanging onto to allow things to open up again, otherwise it's just delaying everything.

I think there is enough people vaccinated around the world now to know that there is nothing harmful in the vax.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Gozu » Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:51 pm

Groover wrote:IF and WHEN it comes to Adelaide, good luck getting an appointment for the jab in good time….

We don't have the population density here for it to be able to seriously take off and if virtually everyone's already had the jab by that stage I can just stroll into a doctor's and get it.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Postby Gozu » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:Its everyone's personal choice and I respect that, however if you intend to get it I don't quite understand not getting it now, get it done and add to the figures that the experts are hanging onto to allow things to open up again, otherwise it's just delaying everything.

I don't get people thinking like this how in any way does someone like me or Brodlach not getting the jab right here right now effect anyone else's lives? We don't have Covid in Adelaide, there is literally nothing to catch. Miss Nicola is just getting off on the power trip of seeing everyone in masks.

I think there is enough people vaccinated around the world now to know that there is nothing harmful in the vax.

That's likely true but my mother's partner was fine beforehand, he got the jab and was then bedridden for a week and even needed to go to the hospital. I'm not interested in taking that chance when we don't even have it in Adelaide.
Gozu
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:12 pm

Fair enough, as I said Im not going to judge, there has been enough of that over the last 18 months
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:12 am

I’ve had all my shots other than a flu shot. Never had one even in HK during SARS
I’ve still got my yellow WHO passport from the 80’s. Apparently I’m still at risk from mad cow disease :rolleyes:
I’m going to sit and watch. In my opinion, it’s far too early for it to be declared safe.
Mind you I have my annual tune up next month and I’ll be interested in what my doctor says
I appreciate I’m putting my footy comeback at risk next year but there’s still time later

At least if you all turn into zombies Gozu and I can use you for our Human Centipede
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Jimmy_041 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:33 am

The vaccine is working well in Wales

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204

Got to love the positive spin from the BBC
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 718 times
Been liked: 1071 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby stan » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:06 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I’ve had all my shots other than a flu shot. Never had one even in HK during SARS
I’ve still got my yellow WHO passport from the 80’s. Apparently I’m still at risk from mad cow disease :rolleyes:
I’m going to sit and watch. In my opinion, it’s far too early for it to be declared safe.
Mind you I have my annual tune up next month and I’ll be interested in what my doctor says
I appreciate I’m putting my footy comeback at risk next year but there’s still time later

At least if you all turn into zombies Gozu and I can use you for our Human Centipede
I didn't know we had something for mad cow? Just thought, actually I don't know where I'm going with that that. Plenty of mad cows around...

The only thing that worries me about the Vax is that I have seen I am Legend ;)
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1252 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby mal » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:20 am

Steven Marshall might end up being South Australias all time most popular Premier
Just about every where I go I see people with badges who have changed their name to Marshall
mal
Coach

Has liked: 1129 times
Been liked: 882 times

Postby whufc » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:27 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:I’ve had all my shots other than a flu shot. Never had one even in HK during SARS

Yeah my partner cant donate blood due to being born in Ireland in the 90s when mad cow was prevalent.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5551 times
Been liked: 2513 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:49 am

Psyber wrote:
Apachebulldog wrote:Well well well very very interesting article for anyone that has time and patience maybe Psyber some feed back from you,

More than 3,000 doctors and scientists sign statement accusing COVID policymakers of ‘crimes against humanity’

The Doctors’ Declaration was first read at the Covid summit in Rome, sparking an explosion of active support from medical scientists and doctors around the world. These professionals did not expect career threats, character assassination, papers and research censored, social accounts blocked, search results tampered with, clinical trials and patient observations banned, and their professional histories and achievements altered or omitted in academic and mainstream media.

https://awsforwp.com/2021/09/24/more-th ... greatness/

I guess there are lunatic fringe medical doctors in some parts of the world and there are other people entitled to the title.

I wonder what sort of "doctor" they are...
Those with a Doctor of Osteopathy or Chiropractic tend to be treated as real medical personnel in the USA and some other countries.
(The basic tenet of Osteopathy is that all diseases are caused by dis-alignment of the long bones and muscles, and of Chiropractic that all diseases are caused by dis-aligned vertebrae - making other medical care like vaccines totally unnecessary!)

Then there are Doctors of Philosophy who may have a doctorate in Arts or general sciences...

I don't know a single medical doctor in Oz who is an anti-vaxxer, or who would believe that stuff.

Ok so what you are trying to say is that all these reputable Doctors with degrees knowledge with years and years of experience in patient care and use a different approach that works are just Doctors of Garbology i get that but i do not think they are all lunatics.

However thousands upon thousands of Doctors around the world are having good results with early treatment using alternative therapies explain that to the masses.

Just like some Doctors are now prescribing Cannabinoid oil to patients because its now legal in some places around the world are they lunatic Doctors as well?

Just like some Doctors are now also using chinese medicine/therapies in conjunction with western medicine are they also lunatic Doctors as well?

What happened to the old adage one treatment does not fit all and go and get a second opinion. ?

From what i have been reading the key to these alternative Flu treatments is early action ie within 1 to 3 days of symptoms.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFF.

Hit em hard let them get up and hit em again.
Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Has liked: 381 times
Been liked: 115 times

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:56 am

Jimmy_041 wrote:The vaccine is working well in Wales

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-58680204

Got to love the positive spin from the BBC

Yeah typical FAKE MSM narrative as always :lol:

Yep also has been working well in Israel.
SANFL 2000 - 2011 Central District 12 consecutive Grand Final appearances and 9 Premierships.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby Apachebulldog » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:00 am

amber_fluid wrote:SaFooty’s own anti vaxxers

Wrong the last five years i have had my yearly flu shot this time i will hang back on the MRNA.

Apachebulldog
League - Best 21

Postby laser » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:38 am

Armchair expert wrote:Is there anyone on here apart from Apache that haven't at least booked in a jab yet?

I was apathetic, but have now been double dosed. What got me done was the seemingly selfish question; How will I go when I get COVID? When I considered this I concluded we'll all (pretty much given the nature of the disease) get covid one day and those with the worst outcomes are unvaccinated.

Benefits; Will stay alive when I get it. I will be less likely to have restrictions when we have the next lockdown. I won't have to wait 2 weeks for the vaccine to become effective when it jumps the fence. I won't be blocking others access to emergency care just because I didn't get around to it. I will be able to go to work, sport, kid's sport and other social functions when it jumps the fence.
laser
Under 16s

Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 45 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion