Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:45 pm

These players are already here and have come across from QLD
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Arry Gablett » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:57 pm

Jets have one
Arry Gablett
Under 16s

Been liked: 46 times

Postby Corona Man » Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:40 am

A few trial games on today. Anyone going along to have a look.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:02 pm

Corona Man wrote:A few trial games on today. Anyone going along to have a look.

Where are they?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Corona Man » Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:07 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

Where are they?

PM sent.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Gosaints » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:49 am

the saca muppets have done it again.

the first week of premier cricket is t20's for 1st grade only starting this saturday.

nearly every other significant cricket competition pdca atca also starts this weekend with games scheduled over 2 weeks.

so there will be around 400 cricketers not able to play cricket this week

the ideal would have been to align the competitions so players can play for their home clubs when not able to play premier cricket - how hard is it?

is it deliberate or incompetence?

and given the amount of interstate players in adelaide the core playing group of most premier clubs will be playing no cricket this weekend.

i know many premier clubs, like my 2 sons, will schedule trial games for their b, c and d players however wouldn't it be better to have them playing proper cricket.

i see 2nd grade womens teams are starting this week.

if you were trying to kill cricket in this state this is the stuff you would be doing.
Gosaints
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby Arch44 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:30 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:

Where are they?

PM sent.

Must have been secret trial games.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby Arch44 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:45 pm

Gosaints wrote:the saca muppets have done it again.

the first week of premier cricket is t20's for 1st grade only starting this saturday.

nearly every other significant cricket competition pdca atca also starts this weekend with games scheduled over 2 weeks.

the ideal would have been to align the competitions so players can play for their home clubs when not able to play premier cricket - how hard is it?

and given the amount of interstate players in adelaide the core playing group of most premier clubs will be playing no cricket this weekend.

i know many premier clubs, like my 2 sons, will schedule trial games for their b, c and d players however wouldn't it be better to have them playing proper cricket.

if you were trying to kill cricket in this state this is the stuff you would be doing.

Think you will find pitches like Glenelg and Woodville might not be ready because of the footy clubs usage in the finals.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:37 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

Where are they?

Heard Pt Districts gave Port Adelaide a touch up.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:40 pm

Arch44 wrote:

Think you will find pitches like Glenelg and Woodville might not be ready because of the footy clubs usage in the finals.
Others were washed out

Southern Districts were playing away from home and didn't get on.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:41 pm

The problem with programming is that it's democratic.

Clubs go along to their association meetings and decide when they want to start, how many one/two day games they want to play, how close to Christmas they go, whether to play the test match, how deep into March to play, whether to play on long weekends, how many teams in a division, how many rounds etc.

All those decisions get voted on and the playing dates go from there.

All associations including the school competitions operate independently.

Should SACA say "These are the playing dates for all competitions in South Australia"?

What about harvest... what about school holidays... what about football trial games... we don't get to start working on our pitch until October... what about association matches... we don't usually play the test match... what about intercol... we'll never get people to come back that early in January... our competition has a preliminary final as well... it's unfair to start with a two week bye...
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:45 pm

Arch44 wrote:Must have been secret trial games.

Port Adelaide hosted Kensington in a trial. Not sure who won. Pooraka played another Kensington team and I think Pooraka got up. There's some games at Park 25 this evening I think
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Gosaints » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:07 pm

Arch44 wrote:

what about camden oval, park 25 x3, etc. etc - it is as hard as you want to make it

i assume then the many trial games will be played on anzac highway?
Gosaints
Rookie

Postby Gosaints » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:09 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:The problem with programming is that it's democratic.

Clubs go along to their association meetings and decide when they want to start, how many one/two day games they want to play, how close to Christmas they go, whether to play the test match, how deep into March to play, whether to play on long weekends, how many teams in a division, how many rounds etc.

Should SACA say "These are the playing dates for all competitions in South Australia"?

What about harvest... what about school holidays... what about football trial games... we don't get to start working on our pitch until October... what about association matches... we don't usually play the test match... what about intercol... we'll never get people to come back that early in January... our competition has a preliminary final as well... it's unfair to start with a two week bye...

undertand however should not be hard to align with atca and pdca at a minimum - maybe just a phone call?
Gosaints
Rookie

Postby Trader » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Gosaints wrote:

undertand however should not be hard to align with atca and pdca at a minimum - maybe just a phone call?

ATCA provide their dates to the grade cricket committee each year in May, and each year Grade cricket then release a fixture in August/September that has the majority of two day games offset to the ATCA fixture.

In fact I know the ATCA dates have been set through to 26/27 already and yet there is little to no chance of them lining up with the dates SACA will put out.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Gosaints » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:56 pm

Trader wrote:
Gosaints wrote:

ATCA provide their dates to the grade cricket committee each year in May, and each year Grade cricket then release a fixture in August/September that has the majority of two day games offset to the ATCA fixture.

In fact I know the ATCA dates have been set through to 26/27 already and yet there is little to no chance of them lining up with the dates SACA will put out.

thanks trader, looks like atca are organised and saca are cretins. no wonder cricket in this state is stuffed.
Gosaints
Rookie

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:46 am

Will be a lot of week 1/week 2 players in the community cricket games.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:07 pm

Gosaints wrote:thanks trader, looks like atca are organised and saca are cretins. no wonder cricket in this state is stuffed.

International program gets locked in first. Once that's done then the domestic program gets done. Then State 2nd XI. Then grade cricket.

All on hold until the higher level gets locked in. Takes time.

ATCA don't want to wait around for all these decisions above to get made. They could wait and lock their program in lockstep with the grade program and ensure dual registered players are available as often as possible. But they'd rather give their clubs some early clarity around start dates and programming, even if it means the pay-off might be that they're out of sync with grade cricket.

It probably highlights the low level of respect that SACA and grade cricket command that competitions aren't willing to fall into line with their schedule
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Gosaints » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Will be a lot of week 1/week 2 players in the community cricket games.

yes very disrespectful to those community cricket clubs and players

imagine being from a non cricket family and trying to explain to a parent why you are only playing one week as grade players are available in week 1 and not week 2.

soon cricket will be like hockey and lacrosse where only those families involved in those sports have kids following that sports pathway
Gosaints
Rookie

Postby Gosaints » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:56 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
Gosaints wrote:thanks trader, looks like atca are organised and saca are cretins. no wonder cricket in this state is stuffed.

International program gets locked in first. Once that's done then the domestic program gets done. Then State 2nd XI. Then grade cricket.

All on hold until the higher level gets locked in. Takes time.

ATCA don't want to wait around for all these decisions above to get made. They could wait and lock their program in lockstep with the grade program and ensure dual registered players are available as often as possible. But they'd rather give their clubs some early clarity around start dates and programming, even if it means the pay-off might be that they're out of sync with grade cricket.

It probably highlights the low level of respect that SACA and grade cricket command that competitions aren't willing to fall into line with their schedule

i understand the point you are making although not sure the international, domestic, state 2nd fixtures are even confirmed now

seems to me like an easy out for the saca cretins with less umpires to find and ovals to coordinate

again, it is as hard as you want to make it

well done atca and pdca

the peak cricket body in the state should be mindful of providing the best cricket experience for all stakeholders - they fail most times

maybe time for all saca staff to be on performance based contracts
Gosaints
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps