2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:19 am

Glenelg till I die
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby king neptune » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:22 am

NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER
king neptune
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 26 times
Grassroots Team: Kilburn

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:20 am

Morning everyone. Lovely day.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:31 am

What was yesterday's attendance?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:52 am

Magellan wrote:What was yesterday's attendance?

Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby mots02 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:54 am

Magellan wrote:What was yesterday's attendance?

22 WWT players
8 Glenelg players
mots02
League - Top 5

Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 853 times
Grassroots Team: Reynella

Postby Peter Griffen » Mon Oct 04, 2021 8:55 am

A little over 22k I think. Was great to see the Menzel's rip it up. The amount of crap they were coping from a group of drunk Glenelg fans was disgusting. I'm all for banter but the language was deplorable. Especially around kids. Poor Lonergan's girthy ass copped a fair bit too :lol:
Peter Griffen
Under 16s

Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:13 am

Peter Griffen wrote:A little over 22k I think. Was great to see the Menzel's rip it up. The amount of crap they were coping from a group of drunk Glenelg fans was disgusting. I'm all for banter but the language was deplorable. Especially around kids. Poor Lonergan's girthy ass copped a fair bit too :lol:

Yep the loud mouth drunk Glenelg fans near us were shocking and then started on their own players then it was on the menzels . I think then they left . A young kid and I’ll clean this up you F ranga Poole a little kid !!
As the game was ending the Eagles chant was fantastic the smallest crowd out yelled the biggest crowds in two grand finals !!
The amount of Glenelg flags left behind Glenelg posters flying around and the fastest time the oval cleared out of Glenelg fans was funny and yes same would’ve happened if the eagles lost
Basically Glenelg played 10 minutes of footy yesterday in the first term that was it
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby JK » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:35 am

Reckon one area of the Eagles game that’s gone a bit underrated is how well they withstood some serious pressure from the Bays in the 10-15 minutes before halftime. Bays jag a goal or two in that time (which imho they would have against lesser opposition) and it’s game on at halftime.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4438 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby MJP1993 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:42 am

JK wrote:Reckon one area of the Eagles game that’s gone a bit underrated is how well they withstood some serious pressure from the Bays in the 10-15 minutes before halftime. Bays jag a goal or two in that time (which imho they would have against lesser opposition) and it’s game on at halftime.

Was that the time a Glenelg player kicked the ball at goal along the ground and hit the post ?
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby wedgetail » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:21 am

I have some sympathy for Bays supporters now as we have been in their position a few times before. It's painful, depressing, gut wrenching and humiliating. Good clubs bounce back (as the Eagles have done) and eventually reap the rewards.
I thought it was a coaching masterclass by Sheedy. The balance of the side and inclusion of one extra tall (Lehmann, who completely nulified McBean) was spot on. Landt, Curren and Allen, 3 of Glenelgs better players in the 2nd semi had their influence cut by Poole, Firns and Jungfer respectively.
It seemed like Sheedy learnt more from the second semi than Hand and the GF result speaks for itself.
Couldn't be more proud of our club and it is indeed, their finest hour!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby wedgetail » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:28 am

From the aftermath-
Guifreda retiring
Poole playing country footy with Von Bertouch and Nathan Batley (W A) next year.
Redden to go on for another year (opposition supporters can bag his weight all they like but he's been a major part in 3 premierships)
Great to see McNeil, Jones, Wehr, Rowe, 2020 premiership players along with Jack Lukosius and Izaak Rankine at the after party.
Jack Hayes played with a broken leg - what a superstar!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:35 am

wedgetail wrote:From the aftermath-
Guifreda retiring
Poole playing country footy with Von Bertouch and Nathan Batley (W A) next year.
Redden to go on for another year (opposition supporters can bag his weight all they like but he's been a major part in 3 premierships)
Great to see McNeil, Jones, Wehr, Rowe, 2020 premiership players along with Jack Lukosius and Izaak Rankine at the after party.
Jack Hayes played with a broken leg - what a superstar!

Geez Hayes is good on one leg!
Has to be drafted surely.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 498 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby RB » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:52 am

From what I saw, the physical pressure from the Eagles right from the opening bounce was phenomenal. They also seemed to clunk marks at all the 1-on-1 contests - some really strong grabs there.

Glenelg played OK in the first half when they had the ball, and the Eagles soaked up a bit of pressure as posters above mentioned. I think the Eagles would've been happy to go in four goals up, but even then I expected a Glenelg comeback.

I actually thought the Tigers yesterday were a little bit like the Eagles in '04 - they actually didn't play that badly, but just couldn't get their hands on the ball enough. (Of course, that's a reflection on their opponents as well.)

It wasn't until late in the third quarter that I knew the Eagles would win. I think virtually every Eagle on the field won their position and you could see maximum effort there the whole time the match was in the balance.

Congratulations to the Eagles players for the way they approached - and executed the game yesterday and in particular for their commitment in the contest, and well done to dual premiership coach Jade Sheedy.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
RB
Coach

Has liked: 759 times
Been liked: 1073 times

Postby Al4 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:53 am

MJP1993 wrote:
Peter Griffen wrote:A little over 22k I think. Was great to see the Menzel's rip it up. The amount of crap they were coping from a group of drunk Glenelg fans was disgusting. I'm all for banter but the language was deplorable. Especially around kids. Poor Lonergan's girthy ass copped a fair bit too :lol:

Yep the loud mouth drunk Glenelg fans near us were shocking and then started on their own players then it was on the menzels . I think then they left . A young kid and I’ll clean this up you F ranga Poole a little kid !!
As the game was ending the Eagles chant was fantastic the smallest crowd out yelled the biggest crowds in two grand finals !!
The amount of Glenelg flags left behind Glenelg posters flying around and the fastest time the oval cleared out of Glenelg fans was funny and yes same would’ve happened if the eagles lost
Basically Glenelg played 10 minutes of footy yesterday in the first term that was it

Yep, I was sitting near those Glenelg supporters during the Reserves GF as well. The Karma bus definitely caught up with them - they were insufferable during the Reserves game. I was slightly supporting Glenelg for the league match, but I didn't see any need to bag the Eagles players the way they did.

I was very disappointed by the Menzels leaving CDFC when we really needed them to stay on, but after all Daniel Menzel went through with his AFL career, I can't begrudge him his premiership medal.
Al4

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:11 am

JK wrote:Reckon one area of the Eagles game that’s gone a bit underrated is how well they withstood some serious pressure from the Bays in the 10-15 minutes before halftime. Bays jag a goal or two in that time (which imho they would have against lesser opposition) and it’s game on at halftime.

Excellent point, JK.
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby whybother » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:38 am

"Geez Hayes is good on one leg!
Has to be drafted surely."

I had a quick talk with JH a year or so ago. He said that he had put up for the draft and wasn't (obviously) picked. So good outcome for Eagles. And aged 25, he may have missed his chance. More good luck for Eagles. With 6 x 3 and 1 x 2 in MM, he signalled his class.
whybother
Under 16s

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 97 times

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:50 am

Booney wrote:Morning everyone. Lovely day.

Great day

Benn down to Rapid Bay, quick 5 km interval running session

Lunch at Yank bakery, the place is pumping

Good night at the club last night

Proud to be a Glenelg supporter.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby goddy11 » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:11 pm

2021 SANFL GF .jpg
2021 SANFL GF .jpg (92.41 KiB) Viewed 3299 times
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:18 pm

Word at the Bay last night was that we were supposed to use the Port rooms yesterday but apparently there were still 2-3 Port players in there still getting ready for their Preliminary Final….
Last edited by am Bays on Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
am Bays
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL