9%
Smithfield
No votes
West Croydon
9%

Total votes : 33

Re: 2021 Adel Footy League - Division 5

Postby Arm across » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:15 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:At the end of the day if you don’t think clubs try and recruit players from further away instead of just from our area well you are clueless.. but it’s the same result either way! You get someone from a div 1-2 club to come across, they help you win a flag (if your lucky enough) and then they leave straight away anyway.. I guarantee you the goal at EP right now is to not just have a strong A grade, we’ve added the right people on the committee and chased a coach that we thought could help us build the club through every grade.. We haven’t lost anyone from our A grade last year, we have signed a bunch of players to improve on that squad which then means players will drop down and help the reserves get better and we’ve also signed a bunch other players plus a decent bunch of youth which hasn’t been announced yet to hopefully help us sustain a high level for the next 4-5 years

Things don’t just change over night let me tell you, and after the last few years at EP it’s going to take some work but I can assure you we are on the right path and the goal isn’t to just win a flag this year and then fall away!

Good luck for season 2022 Bleedredandblue.
Arm across
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

Postby jake the snake » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:46 am

Players are running the show out there then?

Imagine 20 blokes leaving a club simply because they don’t like the coach, who from all reports is a fair guy who was trying to clean up the reputation at EP
jake the snake
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 12 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:52 am

jake the snake wrote:Players are running the show out there then?

Imagine 20 blokes leaving a club simply because they don’t like the coach, who from all reports is a fair guy who was trying to clean up the reputation at EP

Completely wrong, there was a lot more to it then players not liking the coach.. so your listening to all reports from else where but think it’s outrageous that people from EP have different to say?

There’s a reason he gets moved on from every club he’s been at lol the right decision was 100% made :)
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:55 am

I want a Brad Banks signing post.
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:01 pm

whufc wrote:I guess it comes down to how important you consider the division you play in.

Do all clubs think their exsistence is to strive to be a div 1 club or are some clubs happy being a lower division yo yo club if they snag a few flags along the journey.

The recruit from your nearest rival model has proven for the last twenty years its not a sustainable success model but hey if a fair few players grab that elusive premiership medal than can we really critisise.
That’s the other hard part, are your really good junior products going to hang around if they don’t see you recruiting the best players available.

Who knows the answer

Does the merry go round happen as much with the southern clubs?

Lol for the individual perhaps, but clearly based off the reaction when the AdFL suggested re-jigging Divs it showed it matters to clubs what div they’re in.

Not all clubs strive to be a D1 club either, but of the same accord should never be satisfied “yo-yo-ing” between divisions and picking up the occasional flag. If you have the infrastructure and base to be a D4 club, then you should be looking to play competitive D4 every year, finals the goal and potentially a premiership.

Players will stick around if the culture is good, processes are good, and can see development/competitiveness. Whilst everyone strives for a flag, it’s bloody hard and it’s unrealistic to think you’re going to win a premiership each season, but if you can be competitive and give yourself a chance then you just never know. Players are satisfied being in an environment that yields wins and finals - premierships aren’t the only barometer.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:03 pm

It’s easy from the outside looking in to question things like that, but what everyone doesn’t know is his close connection to the club through his parter and her family who are currently going through one of the hardest times of their lives.. I’m not going to get into it over a public forum but everyone important knows why he is there, the club are happy to have him on board and help both him and his partners family through this tough time!

It’s not always about money and getting blokes there to win flags, there is more to life than football and at this point in time he needs to be around his mates and his family so we are happy to play a massive part in that!

That’s the thing on these forums, the same 6-7 people sit here talking about things they genuinely have no idea about and it’s very easy to assume at times but maybe you should look into it a little bit more before your sit here talking shit especially when it comes to something like this situation!
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:07 pm

whufc wrote:The recruit from your nearest rival model has proven for the last twenty years its not a sustainable success model but hey if a fair few players grab that elusive premiership medal than can we really critisise.

Lol yes we can really critisise.. that model has proven destructive long term for clubs over the years - Wingfield & Ovingham no longer exist.. Smithfield, Brahma, Salisbury West - have all dropped down multiple grades or sides due to player exodus following flags. Eastern Park went from D1 to D5.. Smithfield from D7 to D4 now back to D7.

That “elusive premiership” has often left clubs in tatters a couple years later.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:10 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:It’s easy from the outside looking in to question things like that, but what everyone doesn’t know is his close connection to the club through his parter and her family who are currently going through one of the hardest times of their lives.. I’m not going to get into it over a public forum but everyone important knows why he is there, the club are happy to have him on board and help both him and his partners family through this tough time!

It’s not always about money and getting blokes there to win flags, there is more to life than football and at this point in time he needs to be around his mates and his family so we are happy to play a massive part in that!

That’s the thing on these forums, the same 6-7 people sit here talking about things they genuinely have no idea about and it’s very easy to assume at times but maybe you should look into it a little bit more before your sit here talking shit especially when it comes to something like this situation!

Honestly didn’t mean any disrespect, and as an outsider obviously not privy to any personal situation or troubles that they may be going through.

If he plays happy days for EP, but if the club can support him and his family and help him get through whatever issues they’re facing then that’s better.

Best of luck.
Last edited by The Bedge on Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:16 pm

Serious question, how many times has Webber transferred between clubs in the past 6-7 years? Not being a smart arse either, I’m just staggered how many times I’ve seen his name in the transfers…
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:30 pm

Anyway, good luck for next season Parkers x
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:54 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:It’s easy from the outside looking in to question things like that, but what everyone doesn’t know is his close connection to the club through his parter and her family who are currently going through one of the hardest times of their lives.. I’m not going to get into it over a public forum but everyone important knows why he is there, the club are happy to have him on board and help both him and his partners family through this tough time!

Come on mate we all talk about shit we don’t really know the inside story to, just look at pretty much every single AFL news related story on Facebook. We are all AFL experts….

As long as it’s done in a respectful manner with open ears to more details and learning. Personally I find the ADFL and all the ins out of amateur sport far more fascinating than the AFL.

Personally I think EP have recruited very well on top of a very solid squad and should push for another top 4 spot. It’s great to hear the club is looking to achieve greater success than one year. Like you said though there is more than just football and even if it is one or two years success it may change a couple of lives which has to be a great thing….doesn’t it.

I wish EP all the best and will continue to check their scores each Saturday after I’ve looked at the Doggies ones.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dirty dog » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:43 pm

LaughingKookaburra wrote:Serious question, how many times has Webber transferred between clubs in the past 6-7 years? Not being a smart arse either, I’m just staggered how many times I’ve seen his name in the transfers…

He has never recovered from playing up here on Yorke's at Paskeville, Garner says hello
Dirty dog
Under 18s

Been liked: 187 times
Grassroots Team: Kadina

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:52 pm

That’s a bit unfair and wasn’t my question or suggestion. He was excellent v us Rd 1 this year and has caused us some headaches in the past. I’m just confused on the amount of clearances in the past. For the record EP were pretty good v us on the 2 occasions we played them in 2021. If they continue develop the genuine A grade depth in 2022 (To support them in the event IF they have some top end injuries) they’ll be in the mix.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 738 times

Postby great catch » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:23 am

Dirty dog wrote:
LaughingKookaburra wrote:Serious question, how many times has Webber transferred between clubs in the past 6-7 years? Not being a smart arse either, I’m just staggered how many times I’ve seen his name in the transfers…

He has never recovered from playing up here on Yorke's at Paskeville, Garner says hello

I’d be careful what you say! He’s one of my good mates and the last few years he’s delt with some family court issues from the year he was at pasky, now that’s why he had to leave, obviously there’s been some signings elsewhere but that’s all in the past and last year the coach didn’t agree with what he had to say about the family issues his partner is going through hence why he left, now that proves that coach was not up to standards and that shows because he was voted out,most of his mates are at ep and now is a good time to play with them blokes, we know the guy is a good footballer and can’t wait to see him get up and about, because speaking to him on the weekend he is ready to commit
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby jake the snake » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:36 am

When are you signing great catch?
jake the snake
Under 16s

Been liked: 12 times

Postby great catch » Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:15 am

jake the snake wrote:When are you signing great catch?

To far for me to travel mate
great catch
Rookie

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:57 pm

HBF and Zed together again.

It's a match made in heaven ;) :heart:

Kinda disappointed we won't meet next year now :lol:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Bluedemon » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:27 pm

Footy Chick wrote:HBF and Zed together again.

which club?
SAFooty.net, where you hear the community football news first
Bluedemon
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 83 times
Been liked: 96 times

Postby Footy Chick » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:38 pm

PS: I'm a dummy - Still in D4 :oops:
Don't play games with a girl who can play 'em better...

Gatt_Weasel wrote:if they (Walkerville) dont win the flag ill run around the block of my street naked :) you can grab a chair and enjoy the view
Footy Chick

Has liked: 1737 times
Been liked: 2144 times

Postby Arm across » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:13 pm

Bluedemon wrote:

which club?

Woody Souths in Div 4. Knowesly making a great start to life at the Cattery.
Arm across
Mini-League

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Woodville South

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  Adelaide Footy League