2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: 2021 SANFL Grand Final WWT Eagles v Glenelg Sunday 3pm

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:53 am

Corona Man wrote:
MJP1993 wrote:
Booney wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Any feedback on all those Premiership T-Shirts Glenelg were printing in July. Must have sold thousands by now. :D :)

Can someone call 131 444 as they've gone missing.

There’s probably a multitude of Glenelg flogs that have gone missing left on seats at Adelaide oval and Glenelg posters flying around in the wind lmao
I know when you lose a GF you leave but should take your flags with you
Sorry was funny to see last Sunday

EFA

I didn’t write that post that way
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:08 am

I know you didn't MJP1993 - I was poking a little fun at a certain bays supporter who has also gone missing of late.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1275 times
Been liked: 3461 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Aerie » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:09 am

Booney wrote:
ferret wrote:. But students still come from various different club's zones to attend these schools.

Exactly my point, Henley High is a destination for young men wanting to forge an AFL career, it helps the Eagles but they ( the Eagles ) are involved in the Henley program so it's their work from probably the age of 12 or 13 that is reaping them the rewards. It's a period of sustained on field success that deserves the admiration of all of the other SANFL clubs and that's with one of the smaller supporter bases in the competition. Credit to their structure at Oval Avenue.

None taken. ;)

Glenelg would benefit more from the Henley High program than the Eagles since the zones changed when the Crows & Power Reserves came in to the comp. When it first changed, Eagles weren’t even in the zone, being pushed north of Trimmer Parade. At the next review they gave Eagles back the stretch of coast west of Cudmore Tce and north of Henley Beach Rd.

As it stands, Henley High Zone would be about 50 percent Glenelg, 25 percent Eagles and 25 percent West. Of course, a kid living anywhere and playing for any other club can get a scholarship there, but would still play for their original club.

Eagles have benefited from attaining most of Port’s old metro zone, but have lost just about all of old West Torrens zoning besides that small section of Henley, Grange and West Lakes. They’ve stuck with their successful junior program regardless of where the kids live.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 am

Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Any feedback on all those Premiership T-Shirts Glenelg were printing in July. Must have sold thousands by now. :D :)

My tip is look for Joel Cross. I mean, have you ever seen him and a Glenelg premiership T-Shirt in the same room at the same time?

For the benefit of @Corona Man

Have you ever seen Joel Cross and his other mates that have gone missing when it has counted in prelims, and a Premiership t shirt in the same room??

You mob kept having a crack at me about this I’ll keep cracking back.

Any way I’m off to enjoy my clubs B&F tonight.

I just find it funny South fans are having a crack at me when their ire should be somewhere else.
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:41 am

Any way eagles where ruthless on Sunday their performance was one of the most impressive and committed I’ve seen, it was Port of 1994esque.

I saw the Redden incident but didn’t want to mention it to avoid the accusation of sour grapes.

He did cross the the finding is appropriate. To me his actions are reflective of the Eagles commitment to winning on Sunday so no complaints from me.

A I said earlier changes will occur at Glenelg over the off-season, we’ll be back!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:43 am

Aerie wrote:
Booney wrote:
ferret wrote:. But students still come from various different club's zones to attend these schools.

Exactly my point, Henley High is a destination for young men wanting to forge an AFL career, it helps the Eagles but they ( the Eagles ) are involved in the Henley program so it's their work from probably the age of 12 or 13 that is reaping them the rewards. It's a period of sustained on field success that deserves the admiration of all of the other SANFL clubs and that's with one of the smaller supporter bases in the competition. Credit to their structure at Oval Avenue.

None taken. ;)

Glenelg would benefit more from the Henley High program than the Eagles since the zones changed when the Crows & Power Reserves came in to the comp. When it first changed, Eagles weren’t even in the zone, being pushed north of Trimmer Parade. At the next review they gave Eagles back the stretch of coast west of Cudmore Tce and north of Henley Beach Rd.

As it stands, Henley High Zone would be about 50 percent Glenelg, 25 percent Eagles and 25 percent West. Of course, a kid living anywhere and playing for any other club can get a scholarship there, but would still play for their original club.

Eagles have benefited from attaining most of Port’s old metro zone, but have lost just about all of old West Torrens zoning besides that small section of Henley, Grange and West Lakes. They’ve stuck with their successful junior program regardless of where the kids live.

My apologies for talking you up. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:44 am

am Bays wrote:Any way I’m off to enjoy my clubs B&F tonight.

I feel for whoever comes* second.

Twice in a week.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:45 am

Finally enjoy your trip to Darwin in January Eagles fans.

AFLNT and SANFL had an in principle agreement signed last month that the SANFL premier will be given first option to participate in their January Rep game in 2022.
am Bays
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:51 am

am Bays wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:

My tip is look for Joel Cross. I mean, have you ever seen him and a Glenelg premiership T-Shirt in the same room at the same time?

Have you ever seen Joel Cross and his other mates that have gone missing when it has counted in prelims, and a Premiership t shirt in the same room??

I just find it funny South fans are having a crack at me when their ire should be somewhere else.

Err - I am not a South Fan. Your post about Joel Cross was crap, and very disrespectful. Not only are you a poor winner, you come across as a very sore looser.

Return flights - $600
Accomodation - $350
Food & Drinks - $250
Ubers and Taxis - $100
Grand Final Ticket - $50
Premiership Merch - $0

Glenelg choking in another grand final - Priceless
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:54 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Mr Fuller » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:10 am

am Bays wrote:Finally enjoy your trip to Darwin in January Eagles fans.

AFLNT and SANFL had an in principle agreement signed last month that the SANFL premier will be given first option to participate in their January Rep game in 2022.

Would be great if they take it up. Sheedy will use it as an opportunity to play a lot of the younger players who are less likely to be held back by work commitments.

Both Tsitas and Macfarlane were playing for local NT sides during the SANFL 'offseason' at the beginning of this year so not sure who they may line up for or even whether their intention is to do something again this year? Tsitas playing continuous footy for more than 2 years in different top tier State leagues. Wouldn't be too many others going around who do that.

Was it a couple of years ago that Glenelg played up there as I seem to remember the match being streamed back here in Adelaide?
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby am Bays » Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:57 am

Corona Man wrote:

Err - I am not a South Fan. Your post about Joel Cross was crap, and very disrespectful. Not only are you a poor winner, you come across as a very sore looser.

Return flights - $600
Accomodation - $350
Food & Drinks - $250
Ubers and Taxis - $100
Grand Final Ticket - $50
Premiership Merch - $0

Glenelg choking in another grand final - Priceless

I know your a Cocks man

I give you the exact run down
Return flights - $457
Accomodation - $300
Food & Drinks - $200 (think including back at the club - but priceless when you consider the majority of what I drank was West End Draught)
Ubers and Taxis - F*** Ubers ripping off casual workers - $11 day trip on the tram. Ubers everything that’s wrong about our modem economy)
Grand Final Ticket - $0
Glenelg Merch - $9 stubby cooker brought can never have enough

Travelling interstate without restrictions to watch my footy club in a Grand Final catch up with mates and getting the SANFL goss like Durham is less popular with North players than my Joel cross comment is on here - Priceless

Would do it all again!
am Bays
Coach

Postby Corona Man » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:05 pm

Don’t under estimate how unpopular your Joel Cross comment was.
Last edited by Corona Man on Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:08 pm

am Bays wrote:Return flights - $457
Accomodation - $300
Food & Drinks - $200 (think including back at the club - but priceless when you consider the majority of what I drank was West End Draught)
Ubers and Taxis - F*** Ubers ripping off casual workers - $11 day trip on the tram. Ubers everything that’s wrong about our modem economy)
Grand Final Ticket - $0

It's better hot? :shock:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Magellan » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:14 pm

am Bays wrote:Glenelg Merch - $9 stubby cooker brought can never have enough

Perhaps it something to do with a pair of shorts?
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Corona Man » Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:24 pm

Booney wrote:
Accomodation - $300
Grand Final Ticket - $0

Unblocks drains better when warmed up I think…
Corona Man
Coach

Postby MJP1993 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:50 pm

Corona Man wrote:I know you didn't MJP1993 - I was poking a little fun at a certain bays supporter who has also gone missing of late.

All good I actually thought you did it for a very good reason lol
MJP1993
Under 18s

Has liked: 394 times
Been liked: 46 times

Postby goddy11 » Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:35 pm

Booney wrote:
Accomodation - $300
Grand Final Ticket - $0

You would want West End Draught hot. Its undrinkable cold.
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby southee » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:07 am

am Bays wrote:
Magellan wrote:
Booney wrote:

Mate, I suggest you read back over your posts …. It ain’t just South fans having a crack about your utterly disrespectful comment about Crossy.

The karma bus hit you well and truly hard in the grand final.
Is out of change.....thanks Cambridge Clarrie!!!
southee
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 858 times
Been liked: 122 times

Postby am Bays » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:02 pm

southee wrote:
Mate, I suggest you read back over your posts …. It ain’t just South fans having a crack about your utterly disrespectful comment about Crossy.

The karma bus hit you well and truly hard in the grand final.

:lol: :lol:

Ha Ha

No worries Champ, I stand by everything I’ve said

We applied the pressure in the Prelim and South players couldn’t handle the heat in kitchen and that was the result. A certain player not mentioned least I hurt anyone’s feelings, again.

In the GF Eagles provided the pressure and we couldn’t handle the heat, some even went missing. Eagles are deserved premiers.

One of the best displays of pressure finals footy I’ve ever seen, they deserved to be lauded.

I call the good the good and bad out of all sides, if people can’t handle that, meh!

I just find it amusing that you and others keep bringing this up I’ve moved on unrepentant.

One more year South fans, one more year…..

PS The karma sledge would hurt if I believed in that psycho-esoteric bull sh!t
am Bays
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL