PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby Slowleftarm » Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:14 pm

The Bedge wrote:
Slowleftarm wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Nathaniel Brookes and Daniel Jenner back to Eyre Royals?

Just need you back there now and it'll be a family reunion

Getting closer.

You won't go back as Enfield will fold if you left
Slowleftarm

Has liked: 115 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Great to see mega head and his awful banter back in the pdca
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2530 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby #bleedredandblue » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:37 pm

Nikeslides wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
#bleedredandblue wrote:Now he’s gone, the units are gonna have 600 runs in an innings hit against them on numerous occasions this season and will not win a game! Kind of feel sorry for them tbh, I’ll have a word to him about it

**** settle, he wasn't that good :lol:

Couldn’t agree more! Huge difference between grade 1 and 2. Give it till about round 3 for him to realise he might’ve made the wrong choice. (After batting 11 and barely getting a bowl)

It’s not about how good he is, it’s about how good the units are.. Keep trying your heart out boys, sure he will let you tie his cricket shoes one day! Bedge has been shit for 20 years and nikeslides is a delusional loser if he thinks the wrong choice was made.. United will not win a single game and have 600 against them on mutiple occasions, especially when they recruiting junkies to come back and play for them hahahahaha
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:38 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:Bedge has been shit for 20 years

Closer to 30 years :lol:

Edit - actually there was that time in Yr 7 I made 25 retired not out at #9.. and the time in Yr 6 I nearly took a hat trick except Michael Sifkus who was wicket keeper dropped it cold. Never forgive him. :(
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3193 times
Been liked: 4000 times

Postby The Bedge » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:42 pm

In other news, Bedgegood still shit, Enfield still shit.. ATCO hit 8/309 - Childs 149no
The Bedge
Coach

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:47 pm

The Bedge wrote:In other news, Bedgegood still shit, Enfield still shit.. ATCO hit 8/309 - Childs 149no

What happened to the rest of this comment bedge? Something about someone hitting 500 against someone orrrr?
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby The Bedge » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:08 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
The Bedge wrote:In other news, Bedgegood still shit, Enfield still shit.. ATCO hit 8/309 - Childs 149no

What happened to the rest of this comment bedge? Something about someone hitting 500 against someone orrrr?

Got my answer.. young lad was sprouting it earlier - I didn’t believe it, sounded terribly unlikely, so left for a couple hours waiting for scores to go up. Didn’t. So posted hoping to get an answer. :lol:

Didn’t dare ask anyone from EP in case it was true lol
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:22 am

A few more one sides results than I was expecting on day 1.

Dublin hitting 290 against the units
Smithfield beating North Pines on day 1
Eye Royals hitting 301 against NEK
OTH bowling out TW for 52 and already over 200
Atco hitting 300 against Enfield
whufc
Coach

Postby the joker » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:33 pm

About time the PDCA told Para Vista get a 2 day side or seeya. Back to back L01 flags. And they pick up a bloke who opened the bowling in Div 1 last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby whufc » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:20 pm

the joker wrote:About time the PDCA told Para Vista get a 2 day side or seeya. Back to back L01 flags. And they pick up a bloke who opened the bowling in Div 1 last year

I agree with you but when you put your personal preferences aside is it so irrational
for a club to be a one day club only.

I mean nearly all country clubs are now one day clubs only, there is a few LO2,3,4,5 teams that are one day clubs only.

Should there be a seperate comp from pdca and others that is for one day clubs only.
whufc
Coach

Postby the joker » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:23 pm

Yeah your probably right. Especially now with the comp being all A grade sides. But looking at scores yesterday. They are going to have another dominant season

I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby The Old Fellow » Sun Oct 10, 2021 10:52 pm

the joker wrote:About time the PDCA told Para Vista get a 2 day side or seeya. Back to back L01 flags. And they pick up a bloke who opened the bowling in Div 1 last year

Thought there was a rule that you can only drop one club grade at a time or if cleared you can only drop two association grades without a permit to stop lower teams stacking up on players. If a permit has been granted give PV the premiership now with the PDCAs blessing.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:51 am

Unfortunately that's out of their hands, they can't really afford to be booting clubs with 3 sides and the comp looks so much more stronger with 11 senior divisions.

I'm sure they'd be more concerned with the number of forfeits on the weekend, Athelstone B's and C's both missed out on games if I read correctly.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4346 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:56 am

whufc wrote:I agree with you but when you put your personal preferences aside is it so irrational
for a club to be a one day club only..

Yes and no. If you’re an association like PDCA that is two day cricket at the top end, then it is harmful to the associations health to have stand alone one day clubs that ultimately will never contribute to the top grades.

PDCA probably have to decide if they want to remain mixed comp with a different LO component, be a predominately two day club or become a complete one day competition.

Either way some pressure needs to be put on clubs to advance grades so you’re not relying on the same clubs. Also allows those clubs who struggle to genuinely drop down grades without having to go to LO comp.

Sadly seems to be a growing trend with clubs opting for one day cricket though - Peninsula Pirates were top 4 in Grade 3 last year, now dropped down. Salisbury North before them, Para Vista, Adel Warriors/Union/Risers/every other pop up club.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:58 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:I’m sure they'd be more concerned with the number of forfeits on the weekend, Athelstone B's and C's both missed out on games if I read correctly.

Eyre Royals B & Athelstone C.

Perhaps footy trip?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:14 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I agree with you but when you put your personal preferences aside is it so irrational
for a club to be a one day club only..

Yes and no. If you’re an association like PDCA that is two day cricket at the top end, then it is harmful to the associations health to have stand alone one day clubs that ultimately will never contribute to the top grades.

PDCA probably have to decide if they want to remain mixed comp with a different LO component, be a predominately two day club or become a complete one day competition.

Either way some pressure needs to be put on clubs to advance grades so you’re not relying on the same clubs. Also allows those clubs who struggle to genuinely drop down grades without having to go to LO comp.

Sadly seems to be a growing trend with clubs opting for one day cricket though - Peninsula Pirates were top 4 in Grade 3 last year, now dropped down. Salisbury North before them, Para Vista, Adel Warriors/Union/Risers/every other pop up club.

I agree its probably more of a competition issue rather than a clubs. Obviously Para Vista have become a one day club only, its really now up to the PDCA to decide whether they want that as part of their competition. I agree it is somewhat harmful in the PDCA current format.

I do think though that there should be a comp for clubs who only want to participate in one day cricket to be part of. As much as I love 2 day cricket I could see why a club believes it to be beneficial playing one dayers only. Look at Para Vista they have 4(?) teams which is pretty uncommon, there is definitely a demand for it.

I imagine though the PDCA couldn't afford to lose the LO comps. In fact they make up the majority of teams these days and are arguably the bread winner for the comp.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:56 am

whufc wrote:I imagine though the PDCA couldn't afford to lose the LO comps. In fact they make up the majority of teams these days and are arguably the bread winner for the comp.

Then become a one day comp.

Fear of losing sides is an interesting argument - with Churches gone, there isnt a lot of variation with options - B&LCA, ATCA, A&SCA, Hills.. clubs aren't going to ATCA if they dont have turf, ASCA dont play one day cricket and Barossa is also mostly two day cricket isn't it?

Reality is if people wish to play cricket, unless they want to travel halfway across the state, they'll play the format that the association sets.. and clubs really have no choice but to plan/recruit for that format.

I still think extend the current format in Grade 3-5 down into the LO grades - make it 5x 2 dayers and 10x 1 dayers, and promotion relegation.. heck even if you drop the over requirement right at the bottom to 60 overs in a day - what's an extra 20 overs in the field going to hurt anyone? Surely clubs can field sides for a measly 5x 2 day games.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:19 am

Tough day at the office for Adam Moss - 218no with 29x 6's in LO2 :shock: :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:31 am

Best Performances from Sat:

Highest Totals
Smithfield "B" 5/338 (LO2)
North Pines "B" 6/330 (Grade 5)
Eastern Park "B" 316 (Grade 4)
ATCO "A" 8/309 (Grade 3)
Eyre Royals "A" 301 (Grade 2)

Best Partnerships
324* - Skipworth / Herbert - North Pines "B" (Grade 5) * edit* - looks like NP haven't entered FOW correctly.
119 - Barker / Dhingra - Dublin "A (Grade 1)
119 - Moss / Coulthard - Smithfield "B" (LO2) - Coulthard made 6
116 - Moss / Lowe - Smithfield "B" (LO2) - Lowe made 18

Highest Scores:
218* - Moss (Smithfield)
149* Childs (ATCO)
134 - Barker (Dublin)
113 - Lubke (North Pines
107 - McIntyre (Salis West)

Lowest Totals
Eastern Park "C" 33 (LO3) .. then Pirates past 4 down.
Two Wells "A" 52 (Grade 3)
One Tree Hill "B" 86 (LO2)
Adelaide Warriors 95 (LO1)

Weirdest results:
Para Vista 1/104 tied Eyre Royals 104
North Pines 6/330 tied Virginia 4/62
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:29 am

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I imagine though the PDCA couldn't afford to lose the LO comps. In fact they make up the majority of teams these days and are arguably the bread winner for the comp.

Then become a one day comp.

Fear of losing sides is an interesting argument - with Churches gone, there isnt a lot of variation with options - B&LCA, ATCA, A&SCA, Hills.. clubs aren't going to ATCA if they dont have turf, ASCA dont play one day cricket and Barossa is also mostly two day cricket isn't it?

Reality is if people wish to play cricket, unless they want to travel halfway across the state, they'll play the format that the association sets.. and clubs really have no choice but to plan/recruit for that format.

I still think extend the current format in Grade 3-5 down into the LO grades - make it 5x 2 dayers and 10x 1 dayers, and promotion relegation.. heck even if you drop the over requirement right at the bottom to 60 overs in a day - what's an extra 20 overs in the field going to hurt anyone? Surely clubs can field sides for a measly 5x 2 day games.

That's the PDCA these days anyway isn't it. Atco to Athestone on the weekend. Trips to the inner city, Dublin, north haven.

I would think ATCA if allowing hard wicket and A&SCA would be considered genuine competitors.
whufc
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps