Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Al4 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:46 pm

Story on the ABC that Leek Alleer set a new national vertical leap record of 107 cm at the AFL draft testing. So I guess that makes him a near certainty to be drafted. Terrific for him but I was hoping to see him at Centrals for one more season.
Al4

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby am Bays » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:43 pm

Al4 wrote:Story on the ABC that Leek Alleer set a new national vertical leap record of 107 cm at the AFL draft testing. So I guess that makes him a near certainty to be drafted. Terrific for him but I was hoping to see him at Centrals for one more season.

Rookie listed at Port to develop as a back up for Alir??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby southernbulldog » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:58 pm

Bloody hope not would rather him go interstate
southernbulldog
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 237 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby beef » Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:44 am

am Bays wrote:
Al4 wrote:Story on the ABC that Leek Alleer set a new national vertical leap record of 107 cm at the AFL draft testing. So I guess that makes him a near certainty to be drafted. Terrific for him but I was hoping to see him at Centrals for one more season.

He'll be gone before the rookie list.
Centrals lads Shay linke and luca whitelum finish 1st and 2nd in the 2km time trial as well.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 253 times

Postby goddy11 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:26 am

Trent Burgoyne delisted by the Power. Chance to return to the Eags?
goddy11
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 559 times
Been liked: 211 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Postby Dutchy » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:26 pm

Brodlach wrote:Need them and a number more

14 of the u18's have been asked to join pre-season, most for a number of years apparently.

Lemmey with a full pre-season (never even done a junior one due to cricket) and no school commitments should be hand also.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Al4 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:50 pm

beef wrote:
am Bays wrote:

He'll be gone before the rookie list.
Centrals lads Shay linke and luca whitelum finish 1st and 2nd in the 2km time trial as well.

It was pretty noticeable that Shay Linke could repeatedly cover a lot of ground, linking up from backlines to forwards, when on the ball during the Reserves finals.
Al4

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 10 times

Postby Bag & Sledge » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:40 am

gazzamagoo wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:
southee wrote:Looks like Gotchy has been busy.

Some good pick ups for Westies there.

Dogs better get busy then.

We are, there's a LOT happening right now, hopefully we will get lucky and snag these players on the radar, a few coming from North

Heard North are into a couple of Centrals key position players so this might waive the transfer fees for both the clubs?
Bag & Sledge
Under 18s

Has liked: 40 times
Been liked: 31 times

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:47 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:

We are, there's a LOT happening right now, hopefully we will get lucky and snag these players on the radar, a few coming from North

Heard North are into a couple of Centrals key position players so this might waive the transfer fees for both the clubs?

Ha has to be a lie we don't have any :lol: :lol:
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Mr Fuller » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:15 am

Mentioned on the GF thread but should be here - Giuffreda and Poole announced at the B&F as official outs for the Eagles due to retirement.

Giuffreda has never won a club champion award, probably never won a Magarey vote. But over 200+ games he has been an absolute champion of the club, rarely beaten and one of the key reasons why the Eagles have been such a difficult team to score against. His versatility meant that he could play tall or small. He can retire knowing that his formed never dropped right to the end.

Poole has been another vitally important player to the Club during his time with his toughness and tenacity. Initially started his career in the midfield then probably made his mark on the half-forward line where he’d regularly contribute to the scoreboard. For one of the smallest players in the competition he was very good overhead rarely fumbled and a tough tackler. I am convinced that his absence to injury in the 2015 GF was one of the reasons our team underperformed on that day. At only 27 he potentially had 3-4 years of good footy left but as has been mentioned on this forum the demands of SANFL can be tough on players with respect to work and family. A great clubman and will be missed by supporters.

Congratulations both on great careers.
Mr Fuller
Reserves

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 123 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:37 am

As an opposition supporter I always had a lot of respect for Poole. Would have had him at the Bays in a heartbeat. Very much a loss to the Eagles and the league.
Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Been liked: 1553 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby clanger » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:27 am

SEN SA 1629
@1629senSA

BOYD WOODCOCK: If I play sanfl then I’ll only play at North Adelaide.
clanger
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times

Postby TDJ44 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:35 am

Bag & Sledge wrote:
gazzamagoo wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:

I hope not, the only key position players in the reserves GF were Thomson, Patterson and Montgomerie.
We can't afford to lose any of them.
TDJ44
Under 16s

Has liked: 193 times
Been liked: 37 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby northerner » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:58 am

TDJ44 wrote:I hope not, the only key position players in the reserves GF were Thomson, Patterson and Montgomerie.

Connor McLean would definitely be one. He was looking at that option mid-season and with league opportunities not coming his way at the Dogs, its a fair call to try elsewhere.
Cant see Monty going anywhere soon. Hes one who is highly regarded around the Club and only played ressies to get more games into him in 2021 after a lengthy stint out with injury.
northerner
Reserves

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 429 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:54 am

northerner wrote:
TDJ44 wrote:I hope not, the only key position players in the reserves GF were Thomson, Patterson and Montgomerie.

Connor McLean would definitely be one. He was looking at that option mid-season and with league opportunities not coming his way at the Dogs, its a fair call to try elsewhere.
Cant see Monty going anywhere soon. Hes one who is highly regarded around the Club and only played ressies to get more games into him in 2021 after a lengthy stint out with injury.

No huge loss if it is him, yes he a heap of talent and he might turn it on for North but it just hasn't worked for him at the Dogs. Probably in the best interests of all parties.

Does that mean we get a transfer fee back our way??
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby schimma » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:03 pm

Whisper out of Prospect that Allmond is on the move? No confirmation thou.
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby clanger » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:05 pm

South Adelaide is pleased to announce that senior coach Jarrad Wright has inked a new deal until the end of 2024.
The deal will see Senior Coach Jarrad Wright remain at Noarlunga until at least the end of 2024, meaning his tenure will be the longest since Haydn Bunton, Jr. who served as coach from 1975-1982.

South Adelaide Chief Executive Officer, Neill Sharpe said the Club was confident of the direction it was heading under Wright's leadership.

"We're really pleased to be able to extend Jarrad's time at the club and are excited with the direction going forward," said Sharpe.

"The way Jarrad has been able to develop the football program and the culture of the group over the last four seasons has been outstanding."

Since taking on the role of senior coach at the end of 2017, Wright has guided the Panthers to three finals appearances in 2018, 2020 and 2021, including back-to-back final series for the first time since 1991/1992, and back-to-back Preliminary Finals, a feat that was last done in 1964/1965.

Jarrad Wright said that he was looking forward to continuing in the role.

"I'm really excited to continue on at South Adelaide, it is a terrific club and I am proud to be able to lead them for a further 3 years." said Wright

"To be consistently playing finals shows that we are tracking on the right path and the end result is not far away."

"We have some exciting talent being produced through our pathway and with further improvements to our list and hard work over the pre-season I'm confident we can continue to challenge."

Prior to being appointed as senior coach at South Adelaide, Wright underwent an extensive coaching apprenticeship that included stints as an assistant coach at both Woodville-West Torrens and South Adelaide, guiding the Eagles Reserves to back-to-back premierships and taking control of his own program at Henley Sharks and leading them to a premiership in the Adelaide Footy League.

In 2019 and 2021 Wright was selected as an assistant coach for the West End State team that took on WA.

Also a talented player, Wright was drafted by the Brisbane Lions with pick 35 of the 2001 AFL National Draft, after leading South Australia's Under-18s, and spent two years on their list through their premiership successes of the early 2000s under the tutelage of the great Leigh Matthews.

Wright's playing career also included over 100 Senior State League games with South Adelaide, Woodville-West Torrens (SANFL) and the Brisbane Lions (QAFL) and an Under-17s premiership with the Eagles.

https://www.safc.com.au/blog/jarrad-wri ... until-2024
clanger
Under 16s

Been liked: 15 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:08 pm

schimma wrote:Whisper out of Prospect that Allmond is on the move? No confirmation thou.

I dropped that one about a month ago on here, possibly headed back to the Eagles.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby schimma » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:24 pm

Wedgie wrote:
schimma wrote:Whisper out of Prospect that Allmond is on the move? No confirmation thou.

I dropped that one about a month ago on here, possibly headed back to the Eagles.

Sorry been a big few weeks?
We're in hell right now gentlemen. Believe me. And we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time.
schimma
League - Best 21

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:49 pm

Wedgie wrote:

Love to listen to some of those conversations. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL