Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian Domestic Season 2021/22

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:22 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Some competent umpires wouldn’t go astray. Khawaja should have walked it was that blatantly off the gloves. QLD would have been 3 for stuff all at that stage.

On the flip side, Marnus got given LBW twice for the match.
First one was that plumb that he walked. Second one he looked disgusted at
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1125 times
Been liked: 3534 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:42 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Some competent umpires wouldn’t go astray. Khawaja should have walked it was that blatantly off the gloves. QLD would have been 3 for stuff all at that stage.

Let’s be honest if Khawaja didn’t get a hundred some one else would have anyway
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:58 am

amber_fluid wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Let’s be honest if Khawaja didn’t get a hundred some one else would have anyway

Well Toni Pearen tore us a new one.

On a positive, we've had the upper hand of both shield matches this season, both against stronger opposition, we're getting games into new players and we have a bowling attack that seems to have variation and penetration.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:01 am

Agree.
We just need a decent captain to make good decisions and make runs when needed.
I know he has scored a gazillion runs lately but he tends to get out cheaply when we need him to stand up.

As mentioned above by someone else I’d give the captaincy to Carey.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:04 am

amber_fluid wrote:Agree.
I know he has scored a gazillion runs lately but he tends to get out cheaply when we need him to stand up.

Keeper's should make great captains, they get the best view and feel for the game in the field, to me that's where games are won or lost.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:26 pm

Any evidence to support you saying he tends to get out cheaply when SA need him to stand up? Or is that just something you think happens? For instance you could look into his scores when SA are chasing a 4th innings target like yesterday?
I judge Head by the way he gets out and yesterday was a pretty soft dismissal chipping it to Renshaw at forward square leg, very frustrating!
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:15 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:

Any evidence to support you saying he tends to get out cheaply when SA need him to stand up? Or is that just something you think happens? For instance you could look into his scores when SA are chasing a 4th innings target like yesterday?
I judge Head by the way he gets out and yesterday was a pretty soft dismissal chipping it to Renshaw at forward square leg, very frustrating!

I could be wrong (I usually am), but that dismissal seemed very familiar with Travis, I think it's a flaw in his game with the ball in that vicinity, he's good short, he's strong forward but the one in between seems to get him in no man's land at times.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Minimum Chips » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:18 pm

Interesting to see how Mr Nielsen deals with this.....

Ten members of the Redbacks cricket team were evicted from a CBD nightclub by police after witnesses said players refused to stop dancing – despite breaching strict Covid-19 rules.

SA Police confirmed officers responded to a disturbance at the Cry Baby premises on the corner of Solomon and Burnett streets at 12.30am on Tuesday and that 10 men were removed from the premises.

One patron said he was shocked by the loud and boorish behaviour of some players.

He said things went from bad to worse after security staff ordered a group of the players to stop dancing, but their pleas were ignored.

The witness said warnings that they were breaching Covid-19 no-dancing rules only seemed to rile the players even more.

He some of them “got up on tables and stools and even threw ice at people in the venue”.

It is alleged a number of players verbally abused staff, one of whom was female, when they were asked to leave.

A police spokeswoman said that after officers responded and evicted the men, there were no further incidents and no arrests made.

“About 12.30am on Tuesday, October 19, police were called to a licensed premises on Burnett St, Adelaide, after reports of a disturbance before 10 men were evicted from the premises,” she said.

A statement provided by South Australian Cricket Association said it was investigating the matter.

“SACA has today been made aware of an allegation that several Redbacks players were asked to leave a city venue following concerns about their behaviour,” the statement said.

“While SACA has not received a formal complaint from any party, the details and circumstances surrounding the allegations are currently being investigated.

“As an organisation, SACA is committed to maintaining the highest standards of behaviour both on and off the field and expects all its personnel to adhere to current Covid-19 restrictions in the interest of community safety.”

Named after the famous Janis Joplin song, Cry Baby opened in 2018 as a dive bar, and has a jukebox and pool table.

The players were out after their draw with Queensland in a Sheffield Shield match that ended on Monday.

It was the Redbacks’ second draw of the season.

They have also played two Domestic One-Day Cup matches, winning one and losing the other.

The win over Queensland in the 50-over match last week was the Redbacks first in any men’s competition for more than 600 days.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Armchair expert » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:47 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:39 am

Minimum Chips wrote:Interesting to see how Mr Nielsen deals with this.....

Ten members of the Redbacks cricket team were evicted from a CBD nightclub by police after witnesses said players refused to stop dancing – despite breaching strict Covid-19 rules.

SA Police confirmed officers responded to a disturbance at the Cry Baby premises on the corner of Solomon and Burnett streets at 12.30am on Tuesday and that 10 men were removed from the premises.

One patron said he was shocked by the loud and boorish behaviour of some players.

He said things went from bad to worse after security staff ordered a group of the players to stop dancing, but their pleas were ignored.

The witness said warnings that they were breaching Covid-19 no-dancing rules only seemed to rile the players even more.

He some of them “got up on tables and stools and even threw ice at people in the venue”.

It is alleged a number of players verbally abused staff, one of whom was female, when they were asked to leave.

A police spokeswoman said that after officers responded and evicted the men, there were no further incidents and no arrests made.

“About 12.30am on Tuesday, October 19, police were called to a licensed premises on Burnett St, Adelaide, after reports of a disturbance before 10 men were evicted from the premises,” she said.

A statement provided by South Australian Cricket Association said it was investigating the matter.

“SACA has today been made aware of an allegation that several Redbacks players were asked to leave a city venue following concerns about their behaviour,” the statement said.

“While SACA has not received a formal complaint from any party, the details and circumstances surrounding the allegations are currently being investigated.

“As an organisation, SACA is committed to maintaining the highest standards of behaviour both on and off the field and expects all its personnel to adhere to current Covid-19 restrictions in the interest of community safety.”

Named after the famous Janis Joplin song, Cry Baby opened in 2018 as a dive bar, and has a jukebox and pool table.

The players were out after their draw with Queensland in a Sheffield Shield match that ended on Monday.

They have also played two Domestic One-Day Cup matches, winning one and losing the other.

The win over Queensland in the 50-over match last week was the Redbacks first in any men’s competition for more than 600 days.

Doesn't surprise me the slightest.

The state cricketers have had a reputation for 10 years now as being the biggest 'knob head' sportsmen on the city nightclub/pub scene.

TBH I'm surprised there hasn't been more reported incidents involving the guys and there fellow grade cricket tag alongs.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:05 am

Minimum Chips wrote:Interesting to see how Mr Nielsen deals with this.....

Fair enough on the lads, they were celebrating a draw....ffs

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3582 times

Postby The Bedge » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:02 am

I know rules are rules.. but geez shows the world we live in now “cricketers evicted for dancing”.

‘Cry baby’ nightclub - suitable name haha!

Just quietly, Redbacks aside.. who the **** goes out on a Tuesday night?!?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:27 am

Back to back draws!

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:51 am

The Bedge wrote:I know rules are rules.. but geez shows the world we live in now “cricketers evicted for dancing”.

‘Cry baby’ nightclub - suitable name haha!

Just quietly, Redbacks aside.. who the **** goes out on a Tuesday night?!?

I guess they will get it while they can
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:54 am

Two things here, surely the 11th bloke was Pope.

Secondly, being a massive Janis fan, does this joint specialize in this genre of music?

Thirdly, I apologise in advance for an over use of puns.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby heater31 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:07 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:Two things here, surely the 11th bloke was Pope.

Secondly, being a massive Janis fan, does this joint specialize in this genre of music?

This is the Google blurb.....

Rollicking, edgy bar with an old-school vibe featuring billiards, whiskey & beer, plus a jukebox.

Sounds like your sort of joint [emoji6]
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:27 am

whufc wrote:

The state cricketers have had a reputation for 10 years now as being the biggest 'knob head' sportsmen on the city nightclub/pub scene.

TBH I'm surprised there hasn't been more reported incidents involving the guys and there fellow grade cricket tag alongs.

99% of people would not recognise them
Dave Warner will be missed!
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 379 times
Been liked: 1414 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:28 am

heater31 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Two things here, surely the 11th bloke was Pope.

This is the Google blurb.....

Rollicking, edgy bar with an old-school vibe featuring billiards, whiskey & beer, plus a jukebox.

Sounds like your sort of joint [emoji6]

Thanks mate, I'll be sure to drop in there if I'm out and about on a random Tuesday night.

I plan to get back on the wagon from November 2nd.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:30 am

whufc wrote:Doesn't surprise me the slightest.

Cricketers full stop. There's no doubt the Sandpaper scandal stemmed from these entitled pricks thinking they are untouchable, better than everyone else. Spend a few minutes around almost anyone who has a baggy green and you soon work out they aren't as happy to be around you as you are them. Massive flogs most of them.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby whufc » Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:41 am

Armchair expert wrote:
whufc wrote:

99% of people would not recognise them

You don't need to when they tell everyone who they are repeatedly.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5565 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket