Coronavirus (Covid19)

Anything!

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19)

Postby Booney » Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:22 am

Dutchy wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:My wife's Uncle passed away suddenly on the weekend, shattering that his son and daughter are in Vic/NSW respectively and won't be allowed back to comfort their Mum or attend the funeral..

Check on that, compassionate grounds include attending a funeral.

Mum's friend that passed away two weeks ago, her daughter in Coffs applied to come back, was given a pass to enter ( 14 quarantine must be done ) to attend her Mum's funeral. However her Mum didn't want a funeral so they're respecting her wishes and not having one, as such she can't come in.

Yep this has occurred, doing 14 days and delaying the funeral.

Not good news, but good news.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:13 pm

Received the memo today from the CEO that we have to be vaccinated before November if we want to continue our employment there……………
Going to be an interesting month ahead for a few at work
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby stan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:36 pm

Has this Steve M plan come out yet?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1253 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby stan » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:36 pm

amber_fluid wrote:Received the memo today from the CEO that we have to be vaccinated before November if we want to continue our employment there……………
What's your thoughts on it?
stan
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:52 pm

stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:Received the memo today from the CEO that we have to be vaccinated before November if we want to continue our employment there……………

I got the 1st jab last month as I knew it was coming.
Money talks whether I agree with it or not though I probably would have done it anyway.

There is one lady who is adamant she isn’t getting the jab and she’s an important employee so we’ll see how that plays out.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:56 am

International travel brought forward to November 1st through QANTAS
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4206 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby stan » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:15 am

amber_fluid wrote:
stan wrote:

Money talks whether I agree with it or not though I probably would have done it anyway.

There is one lady who is adamant she isn’t getting the jab and she’s an important employee so we’ll see how that plays out.
Very interested to hear how that plays out.

I'm not sure employers can enforce this to be honest. I mean do they ask if you have your flu jab?

Interesting times.
stan
Coach

Postby Booney » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:21 am

stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
stan wrote:

I'm not sure employers can enforce this to be honest. I mean do they ask if you have your flu jab?

Interesting times.

It's a fine line, they can't make you get the jab but they can make it you need to have the jab to work there.....
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7467 times
Been liked: 10755 times

Postby MW » Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:46 am

Pretty sure the majority of companies and sporting organisations are not going to roll out mandatory vaccinations without having this clarified already...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1822 times

Postby Wedgie » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:03 am

MW wrote:Pretty sure the majority of companies and sporting organisations are not going to roll out mandatory vaccinations without having this clarified already...

It's happening in hospitality, after consulting lawyers companies and industries have discovered they're actually more at risk of lawsuits if they don't implement mandatory vaccinations than if they do.
I'm double jabbed so it doesn't impact me but if I wasn't I'd soon be out of a job.
Sucks to be an anti-vaxxer.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2020 times
Been liked: 3862 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:16 am

stan wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
stan wrote:

Interesting times.

The federal government is not mandating anything, saying its voluntary, im of the understanding when state directions are inconsistent with Federal the federal over rides it.
Part of Federal law requires you to give valid consent, without coercion. It seems what they are doing is illegal and they are being allowed to do it. The thing that bothers me though is why it hasnt been defeated in court yet.
What is the employers reason for wanting to get staff vaccinated? Is it for safety? then why cant the rapid antigen test be done before commencing work seen as though you can still catch it and spread it even though youve been vaccinated, wouldnt that make more sense??? Thats what i will be saying to my boss. And heres some advice for people that dont want the jab, do not quit your job, make them put it in writing, the reasons why and make them sign it, i think youll be in for a tidy sum eventually. And make it clear to your boss that it will be him thats forking out, it wont be the State government.
Also Stan on your point about flu jab, i will be asking my boss for his and all of the staffs most recent HIV test, his most recent STD test (no im not sleeping with him haha) but cups are shared, toilets are shared. See how ridiculous it is, my medical status is nobodies business. Even if you are jabbed its still none of your employers business.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:26 am

So with the case numbers rising in Victoria are all the pro lockdown people staying in lockdown? You know because its all about health afterall. :D
Funny how there was no covid deaths for quite a long time and then the vaccine got rolled out and bingo deaths started happening again.

Any predictions on when we go into lockdown? got to get the vax numbers up. I see WA has added a third group of people who must be vaccinated if they go ito another lockdown, its almost as though its planned, surely not :D
I think it will be next Thursday, just a short sharp 5 day lockdown so you can all suck Marshalls dick again for looking after you and you can get on your high horse and tell all the pro choice people theyre being selfish and need to get vaxed. Who's more insecure, its the ones that have had the jab but still dont believe it works because they are so scared of unvaxed people, its comical.
Data coming from the US now the vax is totally ineffective so totally ineffective booster shots it now is.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:32 am

We have received a couple emails similar - they don't say you must get vaccinated.. but it's strongly recommended and then restrictions around travel etc are in place for those who don't, so you really dont get a choice.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:43 am

I got my first jab (Pfizer) yesterday afternoon straight after work, around the corner from work at the Northern Vaccination Hub at Pooraka. I booked it Wednesday night and it was so quick and straightforward to do. I walked in then within minutes I was in with the doctor getting it done. The longest part was the 15 minute wait after getting it done but I just sat in the waiting room on my phone anyway.

No issues today and apart from a slightly sore arm like I usually get after a vaccination. I've been told by people I know that it's the second jab that knocked them around so I'll see what happens. I got back in 3 Thursdays to get my second jab.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:45 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I got my first jab (Pfizer) yesterday afternoon straight after work, around the corner from work at the Northern Vaccination Hub at Pooraka. I booked it Wednesday night and it was so quick and straightforward to do. I walked in then within minutes I was in with the doctor getting it done. The longest part was the 15 minute wait after getting it done but I just sat in the waiting room on my phone anyway.

No issues today and apart from a slightly sore arm like I usually get after a vaccination. I've been told by people I know that it's the second jab that knocked them around so I'll see what happens. I got back in 3 Thursdays to get my second jab.
Just felt groggy like I had a cold but no sore throat/blocked nose.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 am

daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:48 am

The Dark Knight wrote:I got my first jab (Pfizer) yesterday afternoon straight after work, around the corner from work at the Northern Vaccination Hub at Pooraka. I booked it Wednesday night and it was so quick and straightforward to do. I walked in then within minutes I was in with the doctor getting it done. The longest part was the 15 minute wait after getting it done but I just sat in the waiting room on my phone anyway.

I had a dead arm aswell mate, had my 2nd jab last night and much the same although I felt a bit weird an hour or so later and my legs felt weak, had a few beers as I knew they'd send me to sleep, woke up fine, just a sore arm still.

I think a lot of people took the piss on it and threw a sickie because others did, all of the perennial sickie takers at work milked it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 22, 2021 9:59 am

For those of you who had the vax, did you have to sign something saying you are taking it voluntarily?

That doesnt ring alarm bells for anyone???
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby heater31 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:01 am

daysofourlives wrote:For those of you who had the vax, did you have to sign something saying you are taking it voluntarily?

You sign the same form for any vaccination ****!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby amber_fluid » Fri Oct 22, 2021 10:09 am

heater31 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:For those of you who had the vax, did you have to sign something saying you are taking it voluntarily?

You sign the same form for any vaccination ****!

True but other vaccinations are voluntarily.
This one isn’t.

Big difference IMO
amber_fluid
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion