Southern Football League

A forum dedicated to the Southern Football League!

Re: Southern Football League

Postby whitepointers » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:18 pm

Porties have signed Tony Roach as their Senior Head Coach for next season.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Broken Down Hack » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm

Nobes to Hope Valley, Div 4 Adelaide Footy League
Broken Down Hack
Rookie

Has liked: 49 times
Been liked: 15 times

Postby norwood8 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:49 pm

The Bedge wrote:
shoe boy wrote:
Afterthesiren wrote:I agree with your comments on the most part but I think it comes down to whether you want to grow as a football club in the SAAFL or linger and get by in the SFL. I would want my club to take up the challenge and compete in the best competition in the State. When Brighton left they certainly weren’t world beaters, now they are a Div 1 side. The SFL is all but dead, it’s the loyal clubs who maintain its weak pulse and some of these clubs sacrifice success for it. I’d imagine clubs like Cove and Port Noarlunga would be quite successful in an appropriate division of the SAAFL. Instead they continue to ‘make up the numbers’ in the SFL. And why????

And the ammos can accommodate a full Saturday of football from 13/15/17.5/B/A grade?

That's correct most clubs don't field juniors and play in paddocks just saying.

SANFL Juniors slowly taking over all juniors anyway. Ammo's does do C/B/A though, you could play your 17.5's in the C grade competition if that's what you wanted -then it would just be the 13's and 15's missing.

Why are Flaggies wasting any more time in a lingering competition. The 2021 premiership side doesn't look anywhere near the strength of their earlier ones either.

Would currently be a top div 3/just below middle div 2 side from what I've seen in recent times. They would be capable of reaching the top division in a few years.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby am Bays » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:09 pm

I reckon a few Maroon coats would sh!t themselves if Flaggies said they were off

Would be the straw that broke the camels back for the SFL
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby shoe boy » Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Why are Flaggies wasting any more time in a lingering competition. The 2021 premiership side doesn't look anywhere near the strength of their earlier ones either.

Would currently be a top div 3/just below middle div 2 side from what I've seen in recent times. They would be capable of reaching the top division in a few years.[/quote]

Or they could waste time in the Ammos that doesn't reflect anything like SFL , OR wait and become a player in a divisional comp that will be the envy of grass roots footy in this state.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby norwood8 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:23 pm

shoe boy wrote:Why are Flaggies wasting any more time in a lingering competition. The 2021 premiership side doesn't look anywhere near the strength of their earlier ones either.

Would currently be a top div 3/just below middle div 2 side from what I've seen in recent times. They would be capable of reaching the top division in a few years.

Or they could waste time in the Ammos that doesn't reflect anything like SFL , OR wait and become a player in a divisional comp that will be the envy of grass roots footy in this state.[/quote]

The SFL used to reflect very well, definitely doesn't at the moment. It's nothing like country footy and why wouldn't you want to take on a bigger challenge, especially when they continually dominate.

Nothing wrong in trying to get your metropolitan club to the highest level around it.
norwood8
Under 18s

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 95 times
Grassroots Team: OSB Lonsdale

Postby TheAce » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:20 am

Flaggies foolish to go out of SFL, some good years no doubt but they aint invincible from finals I watched Reynella, Happy Valley not to far off the pace. Morphett Vale v Noarlunga final game Aldinga could have gone either way.

Flaggies have one year left at best to go top after that goodbye, Reynella, Happy Valley, Morphett Vale, Noarlunga build on 2021 watch out 2022. Have heard one of these clubs might be already be looking for a replacement A grade coach after announcing that is no good.

All credit to Reynella strong juniors is where it is at and Reynella certainly have strong juniors, Cove announced some good junior coaches and have some talent coming through good to see.

SA Football League aint as good as it seems, concentrate on SFL.
TheAce
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Aldinga

Postby oldman » Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:29 am

TheAce wrote:Flaggies foolish to go out of SFL, some good years no doubt but they aint invincible from finals I watched Reynella, Happy Valley not to far off the pace. Morphett Vale v Noarlunga final game Aldinga could have gone either way.

Flaggies have one year left at best to go top after that goodbye, Reynella, Happy Valley, Morphett Vale, Noarlunga build on 2021 watch out 2022. Have heard one of these clubs might be already be looking for a replacement A grade coach after announcing that is no good.

All credit to Reynella strong juniors is where it is at and Reynella certainly have strong juniors, Cove announced some good junior coaches and have some talent coming through good to see.

Which club is looking for a replacement coach already?
oldman
Under 16s

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 62 times
Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby cracka » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:15 pm

shoe boy wrote:Why are Flaggies wasting any more time in a lingering competition. The 2021 premiership side doesn't look anywhere near the strength of their earlier ones either.

Or they could waste time in the Ammos that doesn't reflect anything like SFL , OR wait and become a player in a divisional comp that will be the envy of grass roots footy in this state.[/quote]
When will this new superleague be announced.
cracka
Veteran

Has liked: 458 times
Been liked: 559 times
Grassroots Team: Onkaparinga Valley

Postby shoe boy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:40 pm

cracka wrote:

Or they could waste time in the Ammos that doesn't reflect anything like SFL , OR wait and become a player in a divisional comp that will be the envy of grass roots footy in this state.

When will this new superleague be announced.[/quote]

I am aware of preliminary discussion within Community football and all stakeholders over past 2 years with momentum for change .

I would say time frame of 3 years with vision of a 4 divisional programme promotion relegation 5 game day.
shoe boy
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 488 times
Been liked: 209 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:01 pm

TheAce wrote:Flaggies foolish to go out of SFL, some good years no doubt but they aint invincible from finals I watched Reynella, Happy Valley not to far off the pace. Morphett Vale v Noarlunga final game Aldinga could have gone either way.

they beat reynella by over 80 pts & held the emus to 2 goals in the gf...

not sure what finals you were watching
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby TheAce » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:27 am

wenchbarwer wrote:

Give FHFC one more year if they are lucky, they aint going to be world beaters forever, down the hill in Div 3 FHFC would get smashed better off staying put SFL. The GAP is closing and given some results of other clubs during issues faced with COVID FHFC has had two years free ride.
TheAce
Mini-League

Postby reppoh_eht » Thu Nov 04, 2021 9:10 am

TheAce wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:

Give FHFC one more year if they are lucky, they aint going to be world beaters forever, down the hill in Div 3 FHFC would get smashed better off staying put SFL. The GAP is closing and given some results of other clubs during issues faced with COVID FHFC has had two years free ride.

COVID chose not to affect FHFC...?

One of the more laughable posts in a while mate.

There will be a time where FHFC are not the premiers but what you said is just disrespectful to the Club, Coaches, Officials and mostly the Players who have busted their arses for many years to get to the top and then worked even harder to stay there.

Flog.
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby TheAce » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:23 am

reppoh_eht wrote:
TheAce wrote:
wenchbarwer wrote:

COVID chose not to affect FHFC...?

One of the more laughable posts in a while mate.

There will be a time where FHFC are not the premiers but what you said is just disrespectful to the Club, Coaches, Officials and mostly the Players who have busted their arses for many years to get to the top and then worked even harder to stay there.

Flog.

"reppoh_eht" cry me a river sweetheart, disrespectful go and have a pull you WANKER and stress less, never doubted their success.
TheAce
Mini-League

Postby reppoh_eht » Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:57 am

TheAce wrote:"reppoh_eht" cry me a river sweetheart, disrespectful go and have a pull you WANKER and stress less, never doubted their success.

Which one of our six Premiership Cups would you like me to cry into? ;)
reppoh_eht
Under 16s

Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 54 times

Postby wenchbarwer » Fri Nov 05, 2021 12:41 pm

reppoh_eht wrote:Which one of our six Premiership Cups would you like me to cry into? ;)

can't be one of the last two, as they don't count, apparently :lol:
wenchbarwer
Under 16s

Has liked: 259 times
Been liked: 75 times

Postby FOURTH ESTATE » Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:39 pm

whitepointers wrote:Porties have signed Tony Roach as their Senior Head Coach for next season.

Great get for the Cockle Divers.

If the players are motivated & prepared to work hard and the committee does it job and supports the coach the club will be a powerhouse very quickly.

Take it from a Broadie Boy from the Roach era good times will happen.
2017, 2019 & 2020 PREMIERS
RICHMOND, RICHMOND, RICHMOND.

Let that be a lesson to you Sturt. You don't beat Glenelg 3 times in a row in Grand Finals and get away with it.
FOURTH ESTATE
Veteran

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 128 times
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby King » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:19 pm

FOURTH ESTATE wrote:
whitepointers wrote:Porties have signed Tony Roach as their Senior Head Coach for next season.

Great get for the Cockle Divers.

If the players are motivated & prepared to work hard and the committee does it job and supports the coach the club will be a powerhouse very quickly.

Take it from a Broadie Boy from the Roach era good times will happen.

A lot of "if's" in there, but I sincerely hope they come to fruition for the benefit of the overall competition.
King
Under 16s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 13 times
Grassroots Team: Flagstaff Hill

Postby Dinglinga75 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:15 pm

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messenge ... aa3e31a683

A southern football club head trainer who made repeat sexual advances on a teenage player during a night out, following him into an Uber and harassing him for sex, has been jailed.

A southern football club head trainer who made repeated sexual advances on a teen player during a night out, until he was forced out of an Uber, has been jailed.
William Phillip Griffiths, 67, of Hackham West, sat with his head in his hands in the dock at Christies Beach Magistrate Court after pleading guilty to three counts of indecent assault of a minor.

The court heard Griffiths, who was the Christies Beach Football Club head trainer at the time, was heavily intoxicated when he grabbed the boy’s hand and placed it on his body.
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby TheAce » Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:45 am

Disgraceful, cant trust anyone these days or never.

Makes it even more of a mockery the fact that clubs don't ensure all volunteers provide DCSI certificate or at minimum SA Police check, imagine what their past has to hide ?
TheAce
Mini-League

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues  SFL