Season 2022 Player Movements

All discussions to do with the SANFL

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Eagles Nest » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:49 pm

MJP1993 wrote:
southernbulldog wrote:Apparently both players copped a real serve on West homepage

Found it

LIST UPDATE – Mitch Duval & Elliot Dunkin

This week the West Adelaide Football Club lost two talented footballers. Both chose to walk away from the club that gave them their senior opportunity. I want to let the members & supporters know that both players were offered comprehensive playing contracts for 2022 but they chose not to accept them. They chose themselves over the playing group, coaches, support staff and you our loyal members and supporters.

We will move on and focus on the players that have committed to this great club and are invested in our plan which is to play finals football and build sustained success.

I want to assure you all the Football Department is working hard to develop our list, we will announce additional signings over the coming weeks and we are excited about the current and emerging talent at our club.


The West Adelaide Author is an obvious Hypocrite. He left Sturt to play for South. Suggest the players are not the reason …. Typical Westies
Eagles Nest
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Eagles Nest » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:54 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Wolf Pack wrote:Mitch Duval and Elliot Dunkin quit the Boods.
So too Tom Murphy and Kieran Lovell after 1 season.
Kaine Stevens and Josh Schiller both retire.

Bayman was on the money with the mass exodus!


Mitch Duval was rumoured to be picked up in AFL draft last year. :shock:

Was not the same player this year with new coach.

Going back to Unley to play under Scott Thompson?


Probably couldn’t relate to a Coach being old enough to be his Grand Father and wants to join a club that plays finals regularly. Happened to Torrens back in the day ~ Roberts to Norwood, Faletic to Port, Sims to North
Eagles Nest
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby RB » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:17 pm

MJP1993 wrote:They chose themselves over the playing group, coaches, support staff and you our loyal members and supporters.


That is unusually frank. Generally they just say 'We're disappointed player X is leaving our club, but we wish them all the best'.

Doesn't really reflect well on the club, even though it might be spot on.
R.I.P. the SANFL 1877 - 2013
User avatar
RB
Assistant Coach
 
Posts: 4802
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:45 pm
Has liked: 581 times
Been liked: 828 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby wild dog » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:48 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:Probably couldn’t relate to a Coach being old enough to be his Grand Father and wants to join a club that plays finals regularly. Happened to Torrens back in the day ~ Roberts to Norwood, Faletic to Port, Sims to North


Geez you work young, going by your logic Mitch himself will be a grandfather in 9 years time.
User avatar
wild dog
Under 18s
 
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:56 am
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 176 times
Grassroots Team: Smithfield

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Brodlach » Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:32 pm

Bit more to them leaving but you spin your crap newbie.
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
User avatar
Brodlach
Coach
 
 
Posts: 41054
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:18 pm
Location: Unley
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 3216 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Eagles Nest » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:43 pm

Brodlach wrote:Bit more to them leaving but you spin your crap newbie.


Go play with your collection of Wooden Spoons
Eagles Nest
Rookie
 
 
Posts: 108
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:12 pm
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Peter Griffen » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:46 pm

Eagles Nest wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Bit more to them leaving but you spin your crap newbie.


Go play with your collection of Wooden Spoons


Should we merge?
Peter Griffen
Under 16s
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:46 pm
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 13 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:31 am

Brodlach wrote:Bit more to them leaving but you spin your crap newbie.


Could you enlighten us Brodlach ?
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby am Bays » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:03 pm

heater31 wrote:Jeez did West Adelaide get Central District to write that press release? Similar levels of sour grapes to the Menzel departures last season!

Similar views expressed IIRC when Turner moved to the Bays last year.

Not a happy team at Westies??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1421 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby goddy11 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:41 pm

I rate this guy

Meanwhile, another father-son prospect in Sturt best and fairest winner Casey Voss has also had praise heaped on him by his coach.

Voss, 21, the son of new Carlton coach and Lions legend Michael Voss, was overlooked by Brisbane as a father-son prospect in 2018.

But after a superb season in the SANFL — averaging 23 disposals across half back — recruiters are eyeing Voss as a potential mature-age pickup.

“He is one of the smartest players I have ever seen play the game of footy. That is AFL, SANFL, everything,” Stuart coach Marty Mattner told the Herald Sun.

“His vision with the ball in hand and his is ability to read the play, intercept mark and rebound out of defense or go inside 50m are fantastic.

“He just knows how to find the footy, he defends really well and he is a ripping kid.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/draft/ ... 47fe3d09f3
User avatar
goddy11
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 185 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby MJP1993 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 2:53 pm

goddy11 wrote:I rate this guy

Meanwhile, another father-son prospect in Sturt best and fairest winner Casey Voss has also had praise heaped on him by his coach.

Voss, 21, the son of new Carlton coach and Lions legend Michael Voss, was overlooked by Brisbane as a father-son prospect in 2018.

But after a superb season in the SANFL — averaging 23 disposals across half back — recruiters are eyeing Voss as a potential mature-age pickup.

“He is one of the smartest players I have ever seen play the game of footy. That is AFL, SANFL, everything,” Stuart coach Marty Mattner told the Herald Sun.

“His vision with the ball in hand and his is ability to read the play, intercept mark and rebound out of defense or go inside 50m are fantastic.

“He just knows how to find the footy, he defends really well and he is a ripping kid.”

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/draft/ ... 47fe3d09f3


I think I saw on Twitter or FB Brisbane will draft him
MJP1993
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 444
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:04 am
Has liked: 287 times
Been liked: 30 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Wolf Pack » Sun Oct 24, 2021 9:15 pm

Gotta love Eagles supporters!!
The 2015 loss must still hurt!
Wolf Pack
Under 16s
 
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:31 pm
Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Flinders Park

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby ferret » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:22 am

Wolf Pack wrote:Gotta love Eagles supporters!!
The 2015 loss must still hurt!


Yes it did. W.A. peaked at the right time and deserved to win, but the Eagles haven't sat on their backsides and were motivated to do better. Good clubs respond positively.
User avatar
ferret
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby goddy11 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:44 am

ferret wrote:
Wolf Pack wrote:Gotta love Eagles supporters!!
The 2015 loss must still hurt!


Yes it did. W.A. peaked at the right time and deserved to win, but the Eagles haven't sat on their backsides and were motivated to do better. Good clubs respond positively.

We didn't respond the following year to well. :evil: :(
User avatar
goddy11
League Bench Warmer
 
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:35 pm
Has liked: 442 times
Been liked: 185 times
Grassroots Team: Myponga-Sellicks

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby ferret » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:48 am

goddy11 wrote:
ferret wrote:
Wolf Pack wrote:Gotta love Eagles supporters!!
The 2015 loss must still hurt!


Yes it did. W.A. peaked at the right time and deserved to win, but the Eagles haven't sat on their backsides and were motivated to do better. Good clubs respond positively.

We didn't respond the following year to well. :evil: :(


We finally got there, back to back and it motivated us to create history.
User avatar
ferret
Reserves
 
 
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:16 pm
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 108 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:13 am

Elliot Dunkin to South confirmed.

Oliver Davis (Adelaide) has signed.

Not movements but Gibbs and Broadbent both resigned whilst David McKay will now not play here and will take up a coaching position in Victoria.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14634
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1582 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:15 am

Eagles Nest wrote:
Brodlach wrote:Bit more to them leaving but you spin your crap newbie.


Go play with your collection of Wooden Spoons


Young bloke I'm guessing?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
User avatar
Booney
Coach
 
 
Posts: 53958
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:47 pm
Location: Alberton proud
Has liked: 6375 times
Been liked: 9443 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby DOC » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:21 am

Eagles fans.

Are either of the Menzels signed? (not sure what length of contract they had).

I keep hearing Troy is going to TTG but I for one would find that strange given he wishes to coach.
User avatar
DOC
Coach
 
 
Posts: 14634
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 7:15 pm
Has liked: 484 times
Been liked: 1582 times

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby gazzamagoo » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:37 am

DOC wrote:Elliot Dunkin to South confirmed.

Oliver Davis (Adelaide) has signed.

Not movements but Gibbs and Broadbent both resigned whilst David McKay will now not play here and will take up a coaching position in Victoria.

Struth!
Update time, who has left South so far?
gazzamagoo
League - Best 21
 
 
Posts: 1631
Joined: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:48 pm
Has liked: 1084 times
Been liked: 401 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Re: Season 2022 Player Movements

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:49 am

DOC wrote:Elliot Dunkin to South confirmed.

Oliver Davis (Adelaide) has signed.

Not movements but Gibbs and Broadbent both resigned whilst David McKay will now not play here and will take up a coaching position in Victoria.


Will Brooksby be doing deliveries or on production for Fleurieu Milk? Or will he be "pulling tits"??
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
User avatar
am Bays
Coach
 
 
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:04 pm
Location: The back bar at Lennies
Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 1421 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  SANFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests