PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:23 am

All Tats No Stats wrote:Anyone know of any clubs using a “moneyball” type system of grading players?

For cricket lol?

Reckon cricket stats are pretty black & white when you look over careers / full seasons.. doesn’t take a lot to work out who can play.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3996 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:49 am

Surely I’m not the only one on here that thinks Craigmore is full of absolute cowards.. bowl a team out for 30, hit 350 and then bat again.. Got bullied by the units last year so trying to dish out some of that against the worst team in the comp! Lol

I hope they choke again this season and then next year get the piss taken out of them in div 1! Entire team full of dorks and losers, except hewy he’s the only exception and a champion, rest of them suck
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby Eggy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:07 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Surely I’m not the only one on here that thinks Craigmore is full of absolute cowards.. bowl a team out for 30, hit 350 and then bat again.. Got bullied by the units last year so trying to dish out some of that against the worst team in the comp! Lol

I hope they choke again this season and then next year get the piss taken out of them in div 1! Entire team full of dorks and losers, except hewy he’s the only exception and a champion, rest of them suck

Yeah a bit weird but I would have thought the cowards were the blokes that jumped ship and left North Pines in this situation...
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:11 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Entire team full of dorks and losers, except hewy he’s the only exception and a champion, rest of them suck

Dorks :lol: great use of the word - haven't heard that in a loooong time! :D

I thought it was a little unusual they elected to bat again to be honest.

From what I heard, the score escalated quickly because Dylan Wilson came out blasting. They were initially set to declare, but Wilson raced past 50 so they let him go.

Bloody big score though - shades of North Pines the other year in Grade 2.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:39 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Surely I’m not the only one on here that thinks Craigmore is full of absolute cowards.. bowl a team out for 30, hit 350 and then bat again.. Got bullied by the units last year so trying to dish out some of that against the worst team in the comp! Lol

That really is piss poor, especially from a club that asked to come down recently after losing a heap of their better players, this sort of shit kills the comp and ruins other clubs.

Take the win and finish up on day one, you'll appreciate it later on in the season, I hope week 2 pisses down.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:49 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:That really is piss poor, especially from a club that asked to come down recently after losing a heap of their better players, this sort of shit kills the comp and ruins other clubs.

Take the win and finish up on day one, you'll appreciate it later on in the season, I hope week 2 pisses down.

Short memories,. North Pines finished clear 2nd in 2018/19 and easily 2nd best side.. declined an offer to go up to Grade 1, and returned in 2019/20 and took the piss out of Grade 2.

I remember them batting first and hitting 441 in a one day game against Eyre Royals.. I can recall them rolling us last game for 45 and electing to bat again citing "batting practise before finals" then peeling off almost 400 in 50 overs before giving us 15 overs to bat at the end of the day, and being real dirty we didn't just roll over and get out or call the day early when they realised they wouldn't get the 10 wickets.

I can remember being rolled for 89 in a one day game and they chased the runs in 10 overs, and their blokes on the sideline enjoyed letting us know all about how shit we were.

Reality is, what goes around comes around... sad for the current group of players left flying the flag who had nothing to do with it I agree.. but shit happens.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:56 am

The Bedge wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:That really is piss poor, especially from a club that asked to come down recently after losing a heap of their better players, this sort of shit kills the comp and ruins other clubs.

Short memories,. North Pines finished clear 2nd in 2018/19 and easily 2nd best side.. declined an offer to go up to Grade 1, and returned in 2019/20 and took the piss out of Grade 2.

I remember them batting first and hitting 441 in a one day game against Eyre Royals.. I can recall them rolling us last game for 45 and electing to bat again citing "batting practise before finals" then peeling off almost 400 in 50 overs before giving us 15 overs to bat at the end of the day, and being real dirty we didn't just roll over and get out or call the day early when they realised they wouldn't get the 10 wickets.

I can remember being rolled for 89 in a one day game and they chased the runs in 10 overs, and their blokes on the sideline enjoyed letting us know all about how shit we were.

Reality is, what goes around comes around... sad for the current group of players left flying the flag who had nothing to do with it I agree.. but shit happens.

Yeah mate, I've copped copious amounts of shit from the North Pines faithful over the years and yes it is unfair for the ones left carrying the flag in their A's, especially when their best XI aren't all playing A's.

My advice would be never recruit more than one prized player in the same season, cultures and premierships are built not bought, they can come crashing down overnight otherwise.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:06 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

That really is piss poor, especially from a club that asked to come down recently after losing a heap of their better players, this sort of shit kills the comp and ruins other clubs.

I just can’t get the thought of them really sticking their chests out having a laugh about batting again and thinking they are awesome out of my head, , when they are genuinely a bunch of dorks and if it was any other team with half a back bone they were playing they wouldn’t even think about pulling a stunt like that.. I definitely feel for north pines no matter who has come or gone, the fact craigmore spat the dummy to stay down in div 2 and now they are doing crap like that just really grinds my gears

Whenever eastern park have been div 2, including an undefeated year, we would either call the game (knowing we wouldn’t need the points at the end of the season) or even if we only hit say 180 and bowled a team out for 100, we would bowl again and then just bat at the end if we needed to! We finished on day 1 (or within the first hour on day 2) plenty of times and just enjoyed the beers

Doing the crap they did Saturday is why everyone wants to quit cricket or only play 1 dayers
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby Eggy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:08 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Take a look at Grade 5 too old mate averaging 200 after coming down from grade 1 last year.
Eggy
Rookie

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:47 am

In other news.. another round of matches - another tie - this time Adelaide Warrior vs Peninsula Pirates.. word is books didn't add up, and the official umpire just left after the game without sighting or signing off the books for either innings. Both clubs claiming a victory. :lol:

Our C Grade game looked like a draw also, took me 4hrs of going over the books to find a result.. scoring efforts by the Adel Risers were terrible.

Seriously how hard is it to score?
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:54 am

Grade 1
Interesting results - Dublin getting rolled for 112 off the back Carmen x2 bowling efforts puts them on the back foot, whilst Eastern Park are in a strong position knocking over Salisbury West for 173.

Virginia with a big score over the Units - not a lot of batting left in the shed, would hope Dave Ritzema and Woody can bat a decent period of time make a game of it.

Pretty tight start to the season, will be interesting to see how clubs manage over the year with all 2 day games.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:45 am

I could understand Craigmore batting again if they gave a few blokes a hit who didn't get one in the first innings. That doesn't look to be the case though. Just get the outright and enjoy beers earlier.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:57 am

whufc wrote:I could understand Craigmore batting again if they gave a few blokes a hit who didn't get one in the first innings.

With a 300 run lead? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:16 pm

The Bedge wrote:
whufc wrote:I could understand Craigmore batting again if they gave a few blokes a hit who didn't get one in the first innings.

With a 300 run lead? :lol:

Lets not kid ourselves we all play the game to have a bat. Most bowlers I knew wanted to bat more than the actual betters.

There isn't many times you can give you 9,10,11 a decent hit without risking the game so I would have understood them batting again if they almost reversed the order to have a bit of slap and get a rare opportunity to have a decent hit.

To go and bat your best few bats arguably is a bit of a piss take.

Its North Pines though so not to upset, they have taken a lot of piss in their time.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5586 times
Been liked: 2527 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby BenchedEagle » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Can understand sending the tail out for a bat but sending Dyl Wilson out after being 105* in Innings 1??. Definitely not in the spirit of the game.
Hopefully they declare overnight, send them
In and enjoy an early minute.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:48 pm

Wilson gets $500 bonus for 500+ run season.. and an added $500 bonus for winning Grade 2 batting award**. 8)

** not really but sounded good
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:34 pm

More knowledgable brothers, T20 this week. Whats the go. Start time? Is it a knockout comp still? All at one ground or spread out?

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Papas » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:20 pm

#bleedredandblue wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

I just can’t get the thought of them really sticking their chests out having a laugh about batting again and thinking they are awesome out of my head, , when they are genuinely a bunch of dorks and if it was any other team with half a back bone they were playing they wouldn’t even think about pulling a stunt like that.. I definitely feel for north pines no matter who has come or gone, the fact craigmore spat the dummy to stay down in div 2 and now they are doing crap like that just really grinds my gears

Whenever eastern park have been div 2, including an undefeated year, we would either call the game (knowing we wouldn’t need the points at the end of the season) or even if we only hit say 180 and bowled a team out for 100, we would bowl again and then just bat at the end if we needed to! We finished on day 1 (or within the first hour on day 2) plenty of times and just enjoyed the beers

Doing the crap they did Saturday is why everyone wants to quit cricket or only play 1 dayers

Hard to trace back with the amount of times Eastern Park have left Para districts but they made 7/356 first innings (70ov c.c), bowled the team out next week for 109 and decided to go back into bat and make another 4/234. I believe one C Knapp was in that game also. Name ring a bell for you?

Seems like a bunch of dorks and cowards had a good day out, end of the day points are points. If cricket was played in the spirit of the game we wouldn't have mankad rules either. Plenty of teams have done similar but it seems you have taken a liking to Craigmore, did they not try and poach you and now are a little bitter?
Papas
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:36 pm

No I can’t remember that game actually, tell me more ? Who was it against? One person can’t speak for an entire club so unfortunately it’s hard to comment on why eastern park have or haven’t left the comp before, one thing I can comment on is that unlike craigmore, who are full of cowards and dorks correct, eastern park have plenty of A grade flags over the last few years so we don’t need to bully shit teams to feel good

Hahahaha craigmore is literally the last club in this competition I would ever play for, like I said full of absolute dorks and cowards! They poached the shitter div 2 medalist instead because he’s another coward! Keep beating up on shit teams and thinking it’s heaps good, absolute losers will get a reality check sooner or later.. I’ll say this to who ever is running the show when we cross paths next also because unlike your entire club, I’m not a coward! Enjoy sucking losers, hope you choke :)
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Postby #bleedredandblue » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:50 pm

Actually I just found the game and it’s a completely different situation you dork..

7/350 was hit on the first day

Week after we bowled them out for 110 in 40 overs

They didn’t want to call the game off and since it took us 40 overs to bowl them out the first time, we thought it would be better to go out and bat again but our top 3 batsman in the second innings all batted 9,10,11 the week before pretty much!

Absolutely no similarities in the games and I stick to what I said earlier, craigmore are full of dorks and cowards! They all sleep with the light on, loser
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps