Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

First Class Cricket Talk (International and State)

Re: Australian International Summer (The Ashes) 2021/22

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:24 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:I wonder how many more chances Warner will get before he's dropped from the Test side. Whether it be 20/20, 50 over's or 5 day format. When you're out of form you're out of form. He's a spud and should be dropped. Well past his best and can't rely on his "Stats and averages' to automatically pick him. Time to find the time to back someone else.

We have no openers. Why else would Usi be back into the convo. Every single one of them is severely underwhelming. The only one who looks half decent keeps getting sconned all the time. Bring back Bobby Simpson!

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:33 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:I wonder how many more chances Warner will get before he's dropped from the Test side. Whether it be 20/20, 50 over's or 5 day format. When you're out of form you're out of form. He's a spud and should be dropped. Well past his best and can't rely on his "Stats and averages' to automatically pick him. Time to find the time to back someone else.

Averaging 76.6 in his last 11 test innings', he isn't getting dropped from the national test team any time soon.

White ball cricket is no comparison, as much as I don't like him, there's Warner, daylight, a bit more daylight and then our next best opening option.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby amber_fluid » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Averaging 76.6 in his last 11 test innings', he isn't getting dropped from the national test team any time soon.

White ball cricket is no comparison, as much as I don't like him, there's Warner, daylight, a bit more daylight and then our next best opening option.

In Australia Warner is the first picked imo
I don’t like the bloke but he churns out runs continually on Australian pitches
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:15 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Stats and averages shouldn't be a automatic selection. He has had 3 chances now to find a bit of form with the bat. No matter the format. Time to invest in some younger opening batsmen.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Has liked: 326 times
Been liked: 89 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:37 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Stats and averages shouldn't be a automatic selection. He has had 3 chances now to find a bit of form with the bat. No matter the format. Time to invest in some younger opening batsmen.

Incorrect IMO, you can't be judged on T20 crap where it's "see ball, belt ball".

Test cricket is about technique and patience, I think he prides his test performances as high as anyone, and besides, we have no young opening batsmen smashing down the door for test selection.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:34 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Bombers4EVA wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Incorrect IMO, you can't be judged on T20 crap where it's "see ball, belt ball".

Test cricket is about technique and patience, I think he prides his test performances as high as anyone, and besides, we have no young opening batsmen smashing down the door for test selection.

I would like to know which 'younger opening batsmen' Bombers4EVA thinks are worth investing in to play test cricket?
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby Dinglinga75 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:45 pm

Lets hope Broad isn't living rent free in Warner's head this summer
Dinglinga75
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 65 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Bombers4EVA » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:22 pm

White ball cricket is no comparison, as much as I don't like him, there's Warner, daylight, a bit more daylight and then our next best opening option.[/quote]
Stats and averages shouldn't be a automatic selection. He has had 3 chances now to find a bit of form with the bat. No matter the format. Time to invest in some younger opening batsmen.[/quote]

Test cricket is about technique and patience, I think he prides his test performances as high as anyone, and besides, we have no young opening batsmen smashing down the door for test selection.[/quote]
I would like to know which 'younger opening batsmen' Bombers4EVA thinks are worth investing in to play test cricket?[/quote]
I think Renshaw did a pretty good job when he played a few tests as an opener and he's still young enough.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby The Bedge » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:29 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I think Renshaw did a pretty good job when he played a few tests as an opener and he's still young enough.

Renshaw has dropped a long way off the pace.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3188 times
Been liked: 3989 times

Postby heater31 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:30 pm

Bombers4EVA wrote:I think Renshaw did a pretty good job when he played a few tests as an opener and he's still young enough.

No way. He can't even make runs at shield level!

Keep Warner for now he's 35 in 2 days time so will only be around for another 2 summers then he's off into the sunset.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Down the Hill » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:36 pm

Renshaw isn't even opening for QLD. Batting 5 so hardly in the frame to open at Test level.
Down the Hill
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 275 times
Grassroots Team: Brighton District & OS

Postby am Bays » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:44 pm

What odds the 1st test going to canberra if Qld cant sort out their vaccines quarantine mess?
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby locky801 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:50 pm

heater31 wrote:

No way. He can't even make runs at shield level!

Keep Warner for now he's 35 in 2 days time so will only be around for another 2 summers then he's off into the sunset.

True, they will never drop Warner, Warner will walk when Warner wants to walk ;)
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby The Dark Knight » Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Ben Stokes has declared himself ready to return to competitive cricket and has been added to England's Ashes squad.

Great news.
The Dark Knight
Coach

Has liked: 10298 times
Been liked: 1516 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:29 pm

The Dark Knight wrote:Ben Stokes has declared himself ready to return to competitive cricket and has been added to England's Ashes squad.

Great news.

Tremendous news. We will still lose but will make it much more competitive with him here. Only good news for us is a few of your key bats look a bit out of form in Warner and Marnus but they will probabl find form in the ashes. Plus Smith just toys with us which is particularly frustrating.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby am Bays » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:35 am

Welcome back Kiwi Ben!
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 162 times
Been liked: 1804 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:38 am

Nutter Ben is back. That's good because you want the best players available. Besides, gives us someone to hate on besides Ellen.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1697 times
Been liked: 1813 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 am

batmanbegins wrote:
The Dark Knight wrote:Ben Stokes has declared himself ready to return to competitive cricket and has been added to England's Ashes squad.

Great news.

Tremendous news. We will still lose but will make it much more competitive with him here. Only good news for us is a few of your key bats look a bit out of form in Warner and Marnus but they will probabl find form in the ashes. Plus Smith just toys with us which is particularly frustrating.

Get Joffra back and the tables turn tenfold.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Bombers4EVA » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:11 am

I've always believed that to be the best you have to beat the best. Playing against a weak to moderate side and smashing them doesn't feel as good as beating a side that has their best side on the ground.
Bombers4EVA
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 am

Bombers4EVA wrote:I've always believed that to be the best you have to beat the best. Playing against a weak to moderate side and smashing them doesn't feel as good as beating a side that has their best side on the ground.

We aren't the best anymore, we got beat by India A last summer, comprehensively.

Even with all of England's passengers if they have their 5 key players they will have our cover.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Cricket