Things that make you sad.

Anything!

Re: Things that make you sad.

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:29 am

whufc wrote:
Booney wrote:
Dutchy wrote:I have NFI but the parents body language at the presser wasn't convincing IMO

I wouldn't be in any state to front cameras.

Agree but I think they face a lot of pressure from the police to get in front of the camera even if they don't want to. Greater publicity, greater public awareness, greater chance of finding the child.

Back in 2000 when my Brother got King Hit and was in ICU for 2 weeks, the cops asked my parents to go on the news to show the impact of the incident and help them in trying to track down the offender and flush out those that knew information, was bloody hard to watch.

In this case, rightly or wrongly, there would be suspicion on the parents, how they handle the fronting the media (before/during/after) would be heavily scrutinised.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Booney » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:36 am

Police confirm Cleo would not have been able to open the zipper on the tent, someone has taken her.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:21 am

Booney wrote:Police confirm Cleo would not have been able to open the zipper on the tent, someone has taken her.

20 sex offenders in the local vicinity...makes you wonder how many are amongst us and they want around in anonymity...

There is some weird chap who walks around my neighbourhood always with jet black dyed hair with a grey beard, business shirt and trackie pants on, walking to the local shops. Always wondered about this bloke as he seemed creepy AF and my fears came true on ch7 news the other night when he's allegedly coercing minors into sex acts online through whatsapp chats from south east asian countries...
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2581 times
Been liked: 1821 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:35 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Police confirm Cleo would not have been able to open the zipper on the tent, someone has taken her.

20 sex offenders in the local vicinity...makes you wonder how many are amongst us and they want around in anonymity...

There is some weird chap who walks around my neighbourhood always with jet black dyed hair with a grey beard, business shirt and trackie pants on, walking to the local shops. Always wondered about this bloke as he seemed creepy AF and my fears came true on ch7 news the other night when he's allegedly coercing minors into sex acts online through whatsapp chats from south east asian countries...

Do everyone a favour and throw a couple of haymakers next time you see him!
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2217 times
Been liked: 2508 times

Postby MW » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am

amber_fluid wrote:
MW wrote:

Do everyone a favour and throw a couple of haymakers next time you see him!

I think he's out of reach but i'm sure he's getting the required attention behind bars...
MW
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:17 pm

I'm running with the step dad drugged the mum which is why she didn't hear anything and the took her somewhere.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5564 times
Been liked: 2519 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:30 pm

I see the WA government have offered a $1million reward for info.
You wouldn’t think they’d do that if police thought family were involved would you?
Who knows but hopefully she is found soon
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby locky801 » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:56 pm

amber_fluid wrote:I see the WA government have offered a $1million reward for info.
You wouldn’t think they’d do that if police thought family were involved would you?

2nd sentence from the Dep Commissioner, at this stage we have not found Cleo's body, lets throw the cat amongst the pigeons and let those involved know that they know
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3645 times
Been liked: 1160 times

Postby amber_fluid » Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:59 pm

locky801 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:I see the WA government have offered a $1million reward for info.

2nd sentence from the Dep Commissioner, at this stage we have not found Cleo's body, lets throw the cat amongst the pigeons and let those involved know that they know

It doesn’t sound good does it
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:19 pm

makes you feel sick
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:03 am

Another school mate gone too soon. Heart attack at 40. Admittedly didn't live the healthies of lives but hardly someone you would consider 'at risk.

Getting old and losing mates sucks, this didn't really happen between the ages of 20-30, obviously its only going to get worse as well.
whufc
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:16 am

whufc wrote:Another school mate gone too soon. Heart attack at 40. Admittedly didn't live the healthies of lives but hardly someone you would consider 'at risk.

Getting old and losing mates sucks, this didn't really happen between the ages of 20-30, obviously its only going to get worse as well.

My Mum is 78, since we threw her a surprise 70th 9 of the people there are no longer with us.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7466 times
Been liked: 10754 times

Postby whufc » Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:20 am

Booney wrote:
whufc wrote:Another school mate gone too soon. Heart attack at 40. Admittedly didn't live the healthies of lives but hardly someone you would consider 'at risk.

My Mum is 78, since we threw her a surprise 70th 9 of the people there are no longer with us.

Bloody scary.

The saying live every moment like its your last has never rung truer for me.

I had amazing Sunday at a charity event in which I 3 year became the self appointed star of the show tearing the dance floor a new one alongside her 3 year old bestie. The smiles were incredible.... then a day later your mate only a couple of years old passes away after no issues whatsoever and you think geez im no where near ready to go yet.
whufc
Coach

Postby Psyber » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:07 pm

It gets a bit scary as you age. I turned 78 this month and my new wife will be 73 in the new year.

However, I take some comfort from the fact that most of my family have made it to about 98, and my wife's mother is still well and active, and planning multiple parties for her 90th which is coming up soon.

Most of my old school mates are still with us, but a super fit marathon runner went down back in 2009 or so, and another - a former state ALP Minister -went recently too.
EPIGENETICS - Lamarck was right!
Psyber
Coach

Has liked: 103 times
Been liked: 389 times
Grassroots Team: Hahndorf

Postby RustyCage » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:42 pm

So my day just got more “interesting”. Had an alert on my phone while I was out that our door bell was ringing. Looked at the video of it. She pressed the buttons a few times, before turning to leave, and staggering off. Saw on the video she went to the house across the road. Must have tried a few more houses. Got home, cops everywhere. Ambulance arrived soon after. Turns out, when someone opened their door, she pushed past, ran to their kitchen and grabbed some knives. Tried to stab the home owner, before stabbing herself.

Mental health services are severely underfunded
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:44 pm

RustyCage wrote:So my day just got more “interesting”. Had an alert on my phone while I was out that our door bell was ringing. Looked at the video of it. She pressed the buttons a few times, before turning to leave, and staggering off. Saw on the video she went to the house across the road. Must have tried a few more houses. Got home, cops everywhere. Ambulance arrived soon after. Turns out, when someone opened their door, she pushed past, ran to their kitchen and grabbed some knives. Tried to stab the home owner, before stabbing herself.

Good time to not be at home!

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11805 times
Been liked: 3581 times

Postby RustyCage » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:21 pm

Yep, making sure doors are always locked now!
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:53 pm

Error - see below
Last edited by Psyber on Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Psyber
Coach

Postby Psyber » Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:53 pm

RustyCage wrote:So my day just got more “interesting”. Had an alert on my phone while I was out that our door bell was ringing. Looked at the video of it. She pressed the buttons a few times, before turning to leave, and staggering off. Saw on the video she went to the house across the road. Must have tried a few more houses. Got home, cops everywhere. Ambulance arrived soon after. Turns out, when someone opened their door, she pushed past, ran to their kitchen and grabbed some knives. Tried to stab the home owner, before stabbing herself.

Absolutely, and the current state mental heath acts limit what can be done. These days someone can be detained for necessary treatment only if they clearly psychotic AND manifestly a danger to themselves or others. The moment the danger is not provable they can sign themselves out, even if they are still likely delusional but hiding it fairly well. Antipsychotic medications take weeks to work but here is a bed shortage and a staff shortage.

Then there are those who go acutely psychotic on certain drugs, and their acute symptoms settle after a few days. so they then leave the inpatient unit, go back on their preferred drugs and go round through the police, EDs, and inpatient units, again during the next week. (It makes the admission and allegedly effective treatment statistics look good though.)
Psyber
Coach

Postby MW » Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:05 am

Always keep your doors locked.
Similar thing happened to by bro years ago...he heard a noise in his backyard and got off the couch to have a look and when he got visibility on his open back door, there was a dude in the middle of his yard staring at him. Bro realised back door was open, dude in the backyard thought the same thing, and they both raced to the door but bro got there first and locked it just as the dude was trying to open it. Very scary.
MW
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   General Talk  General Discussion